A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilt Squares Swap - Sign Up CLOSED; Mail by 04/30/05  (Read 2414 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crazy_bc_jen
« on: March 16, 2005 01:10:56 AM »

Swap name: Quilt Squares Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: crazy_bc_jen
Sign-up date range: March 15 - March 31, 2005
Date to send item by: April 30, 2005

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Maximum 20 participants

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes - I'm a Canadian myself

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages; if you are under 18 or the age of majority in your country, please be sure to get your parents/guardian's permission.

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer has been a member for at least 1 month and will
make sure that every participant has been a member for
at least 1 month: YES

IMPORTANT: As an additional requirement for this swap, based on the lack of DC's, all participants must have a minimum of one previous successful swap OR they must be willing to use DC's on all squares they send (including international)

Details of swap:

We're creating 30 cm x 30 cm (12"x12") quilt squares to exchange so each of us can piece together our own swap quilt.  The squares can be made using any technique you would like - crazy quilt, traditional quilt blocks, appliques or even embroidery, though your fellow swappers would probably appreciate it (and I would, too!) if you chose only washable fabrics.  You will be creating as many squares as we have swappers (to a maximum of 20 squares); one for yourself and one for each other swapper participating.

Once you have completed your squares, you will mail one to each other participating swapper.  This, unfortunately, means you may be mailing up to 19 different people.  In recognition of the expense of this (for example, in Canada, it costs a minimum of $6 for DC within Canada and $10+ for DC to the US x 19 swappers = $150 or more), this swap will NOT USE DELIVERY CONFIRMATION.  Squares can be sent via regular lettermail.

*IMPORTANT*  Craftster does not normally allow swaps without Delivery Confirmation, as there is no way to confirm whether or not someone has sent their swap, and therefore EACH PERSON PARTICIPATING IN THE SWAP MUST ACCEPT THAT CRAFTSTER HAS NO WAY TO DISCIPLINE ANY BAD SWAPPERS IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE.  I'll do everything I can to keep bad swappers not happening.  This includes the rule that you must have successfully participated in one previous swap to join this swap.  If you do not have a previous successful swap, you must agree to use delivery confirmation for each individual square, including for those you have to send internationally.  I apologize for having to make this rule, but I am doing it in the attempt to protect participants from bad swappers.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address

Are you aware that you will be required to ship internationally?
Are you aware of the non-Craftster standard shipping rules of this swap, and that Craftster cannot discipline any bad swappers in this particular swap?
Please provide the name of one previous successful swap you have participated in (please use a title I will be able to search for to verify that you were a participant):
If you have not had one previously successful swap, are you aware that you will be required to send up to 19 seperate packages, all with delivery confirmation, including to international addresses?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.  *Remember that the DC rule does not apply for this swap for those swappers who can prove one previous successful swap*
« Last Edit: April 11, 2005 09:53:44 AM by crazy_bc_jen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
DukesBean
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005 08:05:37 AM »

would love to sign up. sending the info right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aspiring
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005 06:39:31 AM »

I've heard of quilt square swaps where people just send a square of fabric to the others, that might be fun, too.  There was talk of a purple fabric square/quarter swap on another board I read but it never got off the ground. I think it was going to be like those chain letter/pyramids that sounds like scams but I think it might be fun!

This swap of embellishing a square is a good idea too though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itsallhappening
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005 08:22:19 AM »

um, a question for you guys. I have no idea how to quilt, or sew for that matter, but I plan on learning, and the idea of this quilt sounds really cool. I have been designing patterns for a while and screen printing them onto fabric. Is a printed square ok for this quilt? I totally understand if you guys think it would be out of place. Let me know...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ctgirl
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005 09:09:25 AM »

I was in one of the past quilt swaps and it was really fun!  I got a few squares that were stensiled, had iron-on, and embroidery.  There were actually few that were traditional "quilting."  I think it would be cool too if everyone signs there sqaures or puts there state/country too.  Maybe other people wouldn't like that, but I think it would be great to know when the quilt is doen to know where all the squares came from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005 09:28:44 AM »

Are there pictures anywhere from past quilt swaps?  I can't wait for this one to start.  I was thinking the same thing, that there should be something on the squares so people know where each one came from!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005 05:56:39 PM »

Hi everyone,

Sorry it's taken me so long to respond - I've had no internet access for a few days Sad

its_all_happening, screen printed squares sound great - please sign up!

ctgirl, pibbgirl, I agree that it would be kinda neat to have the squares signed; I would only request that people do it tastefully (in a corner, etc - not across the whole square) so that the patterns are the focus, not the name/location info.  Unless the pattern was an illustration of where you are from (which would be kinda cool.. imagine getting a square that was a farmhouse or the CN tower!)

On another note, we only have five people signed up total at this point - so encourage your friends to join!  If we don't get many more people, how would people feel about possibly sending two squares (or even one quilted/decorated square and one plain square) to each person, so we actually get enough squares each to make a useful quilt?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005 07:51:56 AM »

Has there been any more interest?  Or is it still only 5 people?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005 12:16:16 PM »

We're still at five:

- Aspiring
- Pibbgirl
- Dukesbean
- Ctgirl

and myself. 

If we don't have more signups by tomorrow, I'll be instant-messaging the above folks to find out what they want to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005 08:42:04 PM »

How many people are international, or should I say...out of the usa?

Very interested, just wondering for shipping cost purposes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways To Wear a Cape
How To Wear Skirts Over Pants
Has Halloween Gotten Too Sexy?
From the Vogue Closet - The Perfect Fall Cardigan
Jeanius - Grace Fuller on the Perfect Jeans
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...