A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,716
Currently Running With Scissors:
604 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love My Poppet Swap Rd 3! (Signups Closed! Send Feb. 28th)  (Read 12922 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2009 05:12:20 PM »

Nexbutt, she's incredible!  Love the hair!  ^^

I've had a blast collecting materials (and wondering what surprise my partner has in store for me!) a

Can somebody tell me how to obtain the mini-poppet pattern, though?  I have the full sized one, but I can't for the life of me find the mini version.  Am I just supposed to resize it by a certain amount?  A "poppet" search on here yields a TON of stuff to sift through, lol.

Yep just resize smaller. I have one resized to 1/2 and one that's 3/4. It all depends on how small you want to go. I think the most common is 65% of original? Try looking for the "once you pop" gallerys that's where the minis have become most popular and most people who've made them say what percent they've resized to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2009 05:27:23 PM »

I've had a blast collecting materials (and wondering what surprise my partner has in store for me!) a

Can somebody tell me how to obtain the mini-poppet pattern, though?  I have the full sized one, but I can't for the life of me find the mini version.  Am I just supposed to resize it by a certain amount?  A "poppet" search on here yields a TON of stuff to sift through, lol.

Sorry Silverwing, I was supposed to get back to you about that. The ones I do are usually 70% or thereabouts. The leg measures about 6 1/2 inches. And *ahem* I DO have a little surprise for you, but I can't give you any peaks, not just yet anyway!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
SilverWing

dreamer of dreams...

« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2009 05:39:57 PM »

Sorry Silverwing, I was supposed to get back to you about that. The ones I do are usually 70% or thereabouts. The leg measures about 6 1/2 inches. And *ahem* I DO have a little surprise for you, but I can't give you any peaks, not just yet anyway!  Wink

^^ No worries! I was just eager to get sewing tomorrow, lol.  And I'm really curious now what you're cooking up!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!

I <3 personal swaps!

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2009 06:47:21 PM »

Lovin' that purple hair!  Makes me miss college....

I stopped by Wally World tonight to pick up a couple items, thread, measuring tape, etc. for some other projects.  Seems that the Wally World with the best fabric section in town is finally closing their fabric/trim cutting section.  50% off everything!

I totally scored on some great fabric bargains for Eliea's Gloria!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
ClonedBravo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My 3 guys are gonna be joined by a baby in March!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: February 08, 2009 06:37:58 AM »

Made a poppet. Didn't really like it. Made another. Like much better. I've started on her clothes. She's gonna have 4 outfits, ( I know, I can't stop)
Still need to do her eyes. Sorta kinda doing that know. I was just about to glue on eyelids when I thought to myself - Self, don't ya need to paint those eyes first?
      Why, yes, Self, I think I do.
Sometimes, I worry about me, but then I ignore the feeling til it goes away.

Also, found a great use for those big mini m&m containers. I have one that's the right size for my doll needle. Which is good, 'cause I'm always misplacing it.
Needles and scissors.
Why is it I can put down my scissors, not move even an inch, but the scissors have totally disappeared? Everytime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss you Gramma! Jo Saunders, 5/20/1931- 10/11/2012

I've wisted stuff!!  http://www.wists.com/clonedbravo
Just like the Gypsy woman said!
Check out my ETSY, please! http://www.etsy.com/people/prancingdragon
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2009 11:45:59 AM »

Lovin' that purple hair!  Makes me miss college....

I stopped by Wally World tonight to pick up a couple items, thread, measuring tape, etc. for some other projects.  Seems that the Wally World with the best fabric section in town is finally closing their fabric/trim cutting section.  50% off everything!

I totally scored on some great fabric bargains for Eliea's Gloria!
Gloria is going to be so thrilled. Smiley I have been working on your poppet. She needs her head stuffed and body put together. Then I get the fun of making clothing for her! I am so excited to get started on that! I drew sketches and did research and I'm really really excited! lol. I'm having a bunch of fun with this one. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2009 01:04:38 PM »

I have Lolly's poppet almost done! The head needs sewn on right now and I plan on doing that today. This poppet has also evolved into the poppet, a pet, and a background prop. I do still need to figure out something for Lolly's girl Stella too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrsmartin428
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2009 02:56:08 PM »

Okay, got a couple small things done today...we had spring-like weather here this weekend and I didn't want to stay indoors...until I got nailed with the nasty cold virus that's been going around my kids' school.  Grrr...and tomorrow it's supposed to go right back to winter temps so I missed a beautiful weekend.  Oh well...just a few more grueling weeks of winter.

Hopefully if Lil Bit takes a decent nap tomorrow while the older kids are in school I'll be able to bust out my sewing machine and get some real work done.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

C'mon get happy!  :-P
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2009 03:10:32 PM »

sketches?  research?!  I'm starting to feel intimidated.

Here is the photo of Peppa I promised. 

She was playing in the sparkly fabric.  She is really looking forward to a new sister!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2009 04:16:28 PM »

I just finished Lolly's large (okay extra large) and plan on making a pet or 2 tomorrow! I'm going to have a really hard time sending Marisela (that is her name Lolly! Teaser for you!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove Facial Blemishes in Photoshop - Photo Editing Tips
How to Get Transitions to an IDVD Slideshow
How to Make a Collage in Photoshop
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...