A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love My Poppet Swap Rd 3! (Signups Closed! Send Feb. 28th)  (Read 12604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 11, 2009 12:55:19 AM »

Seems like there is a little mischief going on for us poppet swappers because I too have misplaced something. My entire jar of modge podge has vanished into thin air! I swear I had it less than 24 hrs ago. I will keep looking but what I'm making will likely be fine without it. I just really wanted that protective coating, esp. dealing with paint. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: February 11, 2009 03:28:48 AM »

Now an arm went missing. May have to make another because I think it fell out of my backpack on campus somewhere today... Super suuper frustrating...

Can you imagine what the poor soul that found the arm on campus thought?!  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2009 06:05:02 AM »

I'm done! I had a photo shoot last night and gathered up some extras!! Now to find a box to put it in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2009 06:23:31 AM »

I'm done! I had a photo shoot last night and gathered up some extras!! Now to find a box to put it in!
Shocked Wow!  Shocked  You really are a Craft Swap Super Hero  Cheesy

Now an arm went missing. May have to make another because I think it fell out of my backpack on campus somewhere today... Super suuper frustrating...

Can you imagine what the poor soul that found the arm on campus thought?!  lol

That is just too funny! I'm sorry for your frustration, Elensule.  Cry Our poppets will have something in common, though...they're not quite all of their original selves (I had to replace 2 arms due to torn fingers).  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2009 06:46:05 AM »

you must be a poppet magician. How did you get done so fast! lol Magic fingers eh? My partners poor poppet is till bald I plan to remedy that on Friday. and hopefully give her lids and lashes tonight. Smiley I'm feeling that the head is too loose so I may take it off and give it some more stuffing. It's just way more wobbly than any other one I've made.
anyone else have that happen? What did you do to remedy it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2009 06:52:54 AM »

you must be a poppet magician. How did you get done so fast! lol Magic fingers eh? My partners poor poppet is till bald I plan to remedy that on Friday. and hopefully give her lids and lashes tonight. Smiley I'm feeling that the head is too loose so I may take it off and give it some more stuffing. It's just way more wobbly than any other one I've made.
I think I am magic! I just really wanted to finish up this swap before I had to start work (which is today  Roll Eyes )
I've had a few floppy heads. More stuffing is about the only thing you can do unless you want to add a popsicle stick to the neck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2009 07:05:51 AM »

I think I am magic! I just really wanted to finish up this swap before I had to start work (which is today  Roll Eyes )
I've had a few floppy heads. More stuffing is about the only thing you can do unless you want to add a popsicle stick to the neck.
I'm probably going to have to do both. I used a different fabric that was on the wal-mart 1.00 rack last summer. It's exactly like alova just a tad thinner, and it stretches a little more in one direction. It's a lovely color but since it's thinner, I have to be careful stuffing so the seams don't burst. I think if I do both it should solve it. Smiley Just wanted to validate my ideas to make sure they'd work. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ClonedBravo
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

My 3 guys are gonna be joined by a baby in March!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2009 07:37:31 AM »

1 finished poppet.
2 finished outfits,
2 more outfits to go.

I'm hoping to be finished by Friday and send Saturday.( Fingers crossed!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss you Gramma! Jo Saunders, 5/20/1931- 10/11/2012

I've wisted stuff!!  http://www.wists.com/clonedbravo
Just like the Gypsy woman said!
Check out my ETSY, please! http://www.etsy.com/people/prancingdragon
tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2009 09:25:35 AM »

To fix my floppy neck issues, I used a couple pipe cleaners, doubled over and twisted together...I just kept them towards the poppet's back with a safety pin as I stuffed around them. Seems to work okay.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SamJ
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2009 10:54:33 AM »

1 poppet finished Grin
and few bits and pieces that I dont want to give away Grin

I was hoping to send out before this weekend but we've adopted two parrots so Ive been a bit busy making them happy and settled over the last few days.
Ill be back on my machine tomorrow  Grin I've missed her so much Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://knitsamknit.blogspot.com/

http://www.wists.com/SamJ

where do i get freezer paper from??? im in the UK so does it have another name??? please help me!!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts
How to Prepare Chicken Baked with Garlic
How to Mix Roast Quail with Sauce
How to Heat Chicken in a Mustard Coat
How to Make Turkey Curry Quick and Easy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...