A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love My Poppet Swap Rd 3! (Signups Closed! Send Feb. 28th)  (Read 12761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tendstowardschaos
'Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.' - N. Bonaparte

Motivated by the desire to achieve.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2009 06:48:46 PM »

I spent most of yesterday afternoon swearing at tiny little fingers.  Roll Eyes  Today was more productive, and Elensule, your poppet is finally taking shape (YAY!)...although its eyes are staring at me disjointedly as I sit at my sewing machine...kinda creepy.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2009 07:25:59 PM »

No need to feel intimidated I just like to be accurate. Smiley and sketching clothing give my artsy side room to exercise. It's about the only type of drawing I do anymore so if anything it's keeping me sharp.
AW peppa is adorable! I"m going to have so much fun with her goodies. Smiley Your poppet is jointed and sitting staring at me with HUGE wide eyes. She needs eyelids and such still so that's why they look so huge! lol
It's so much fun to watch them take shape. She's seeming to be pretty sassy. Smiley

sketches?  research?!  I'm starting to feel intimidated.

Here is the photo of Peppa I promised. 
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/lapoli_006.JPG

She was playing in the sparkly fabric.  She is really looking forward to a new sister!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bellalupina
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2009 08:20:36 PM »

sketches?  research?!  I'm starting to feel intimidated.

Here is the photo of Peppa I promised. 

She was playing in the sparkly fabric.  She is really looking forward to a new sister!

Peppa looks great!  I'm not really one for pink, but she really pulls it off well.  And the sparkles don't hurt either. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

http://moonlit0wolfess.deviantart.com/

www.myspace.com/katherineelisemusic

I do personal swaps!
Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2009 08:23:32 PM »

I spent most of yesterday afternoon swearing at tiny little fingers.  Roll Eyes  Today was more productive, and Elensule, your poppet is finally taking shape (YAY!)...although its eyes are staring at me disjointedly as I sit at my sewing machine...kinda creepy.  Wink

Oh, I'm so excited, you have no idea... xD I've been doing sketches (darn two-test-and-a-paper-week) and cutting fabric, but not much else. Our walls are really thin, so I have to wait until the middle of the day to pull out my machine, haha. So hopefully this week, marathon session! yay!

Disjointed eyes are creepy... But so are stuffed but not attached heads, haha...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2009 08:28:26 PM »

Checking in....3/4 of the way finished! Waiting for a pattern to arrive. If not in the next few days will go another direction
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kstaron
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2009 06:21:16 AM »

I have a nekkid poppet staring at me.  Which I suppose is good, since it means she has eyes now.  I've made some clothing sketches (since I draw crooked stick figures, this is crooked stick figure clothes sketches too) and made her a couple of small accessories.  Now to finish the outfits...I really need to stop planning or I'll need a bigger box!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2009 06:59:19 AM »

I have a nekkid poppet staring at me.  Which I suppose is good, since it means she has eyes now.  I've made some clothing sketches (since I draw crooked stick figures, this is crooked stick figure clothes sketches too) and made her a couple of small accessories.  Now to finish the outfits...I really need to stop planning or I'll need a bigger box!
lol. I know what you mean. at least clothing doesn't take too much room up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2009 08:04:29 PM »

My first idea for the poppets clothing isn't working out. I'm going to plan b. I know I can get it right I just have to play a little more. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Wildfyre
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2009 08:21:40 PM »

Spent all week searching for one particular thing I needed and finally found it today! So I'm done with the largest item and moving on to the smaller ones..  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
Elensule
Yeah, I'm THAT girl...

The Zydrate comes in a little glass vial...

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2009 08:40:17 PM »

GAH. So... this poppet is like, being super stubborn. Have my doll needle... Now an arm went missing. May have to make another because I think it fell out of my backpack on campus somewhere today... Super suuper frustrating...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I maked a wist! wists.com/Elensule

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292681.0
The Repo! Swap!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author T.C. Boyle Has No Regrets
J.A. Jance Celebrates Her 50th Book
Moving Target by J.A. Jance
Taking a Pop at the Economy
Learn Why Linda Yellin Wrote About Nora Ephron
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...