A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,395
Currently Running With Scissors:
831 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilts and Rag Quilts (Pict. FAT)  (Read 729 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StonesWifey
« on: January 15, 2009 07:49:47 PM »

Okay so this will be the first projects I post. I made these quilts also with my grandma (my crafting partner). They were xmas gifts for my daughters, nieces, nephew and grandmother. Also One I made for my SIL for her Bday.

Tab's (My SIL) This one was made COMPLETELY out of thrift store finds(except thread). Maybe cost me $15 after thread. Gotta love the thrift shops!!

Aspen's Quilt (My 7 year old Daughter)Alot of thrift shop fabric that I had piling up for eventually a quilt.Only bought backing.

Kylie's Quilt (My 2 year old Daughter)She loves her Monkmeys (that's not a typo, that's what she calls them)

My grandmother's ( I really do wish I had got a pic of the front of this one. It's gold in the center. then wrapped with the purple Fabric, then gold and the purple you see. The crushed velvet is the back.)(Only bought the backing for this one too!)

Leslie's (My 7 year old Niece)(Sorry, I had to get quik pics of the next 3 due to dying batteries, Sooo..it's not centered real well)I will see if I cant get better pics later)(Only backing for this one too)

Nikkolette's (3 Year old Niece)I also made her a banana out of the yellow fleece that lines this.To go with the monkey theme

Harlee's(My 4 mo. old niece)I made this one out of a few recieving blankets I had and I bought the cherry fabric and backing which said "I love mommy, I love daddy"

Conner's (My 11 mo. old nephew)

Anywho..SO there's my start. I told you it was Pict. Fat. Cheesy

Reviews/comments/help all welcomed..Please!!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009 04:32:16 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
StonesWifey
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009 07:55:28 PM »

Well hell...That didnt work at all Cry..I totally meant to hit preview and hit the post.. Sad.Hmmm..Well you can see them through the links atleast Roll Eyes..I'm sorry..Like I said first posted projects..Please bear with me Embarrassed...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
farscapegal
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009 03:53:49 AM »

You did a great job.  They are all beautiful.

Sybil
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Earth. Terra Firma.  Seems forever it's filled my thoughts, been my goal.  And now...I'm here.  John Crichton of Farscape
Linnybelle
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009 07:09:33 AM »

I like the purple ones, they look so fancy.  Your grandma looks quite pleased with hers.   I also like the football one.  I'm a little leery of rag quilts, even though I've heard they are pretty easy, but I'm afraid mine would fall to bits.

They all look very nice, although the purples are my favorite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
StonesWifey
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009 10:07:10 AM »

Thank You. The Purple ones are my favs too. The rag ruilts are really easy and wont fall apart as long as you dont snip the seam when you rag them..I never snipped the seem, but I did snip a hole in the fabric..I had to sew it back up..Oh well. I used some thinner fabric on the brown and blue one (the one I snipped fabric on) but I used fleece on the football one and didnt have any problems.. Plus it came out soooo soft and warm. I still have more to make this year. A graduation quilt and a scrapbook quilt. SO I'll post more pics when I get them up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StonesWifey
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009 10:54:01 PM »

I just noticed that my pictures are working in this thread now!!! Yippy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
From the Vogue Closet - How to Wear a Tuxedo Jacket
Vintage Bowles - Shopping at Porte De Clignancourt in Paris
Jeanius - Grace Givens on Blue and White Patterns
Vintage Bowles - Discovering Comme Des Garçons in Paris
Jeanius - Chloe Malle on Wearing Pop Over Shirts
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...