A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fun Baby's Room! (with pics)  (Read 5272 times)
Tags for this thread: nursery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stephanieyoo
« on: January 15, 2009 05:04:13 PM »

I wanted to decorate my baby girl's room with two things in mind:
       1. It had to be something that could grow with her.
       2. It had to be a room shareable by a future potential baby brother (we're short on space for awhile!).

Hence, the green color of the walls (nice and gender neutral), the woodland critters artwork (playful but not too "baby-ish".), lots of shelves and storage for organization (for me!!). She LOVES it! Literally, I walk into the room with her and she is calm and smiley!

We used a desk for the changing table (the pencil drawer stores diaper cream and other accessories, the top drawer stores diapers, middle drawer wipes, and lower drawer extra linens). Everything is within easy reach at changing time, and the circle mirrors attached to the wall keep her occupied and not wiggly! Bonus: later, when she's older, she can use the desk as a vanity, or just for... a desk.

The bookshelf we got from Target and use the canvas bins to toss toys in (easy clean-up). The closet holds many more drawers and shelves. We aren't using them all right now, but as quickly as they've filled in the last five months, I have no doubt she'll be using that space before long! Sorry the picture is sideways. I'll figure this out someday.

I did the artwork above the crib. Totally inspired from other artwork I found and loved (and saved myself $300). I filled the picture frames above the bookshelf with paper that matched the theme of the room, with the thought I would fill them later with her own artwork. Also there is a cartoon drawn by her late great-grandfather, whom she never got to meet.

Hope you like it!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009 04:53:33 PM by stephanieyoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chilly billy

...aka Charlotte.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009 05:20:55 PM »

It's lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrfchic
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009 05:21:17 PM »

Very, very pretty!
I love the look of white furniture against pretty walls... very cute room, and I also like using a desk as a changing table - very creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
nezumi_chan
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009 05:21:53 PM »

What a beautiful room.   Smiley  I love the desk as a changing table idea.  One day she'll be doing her home work or putting make up on at that desk.  And you can say "I used to change your diapers on that".  hehe.  I think that's cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009 06:29:43 PM »

Very lovely!!

I really like the paint color on the walls and the art work.

I think we have the same mirrors in our nurseries, too!  Are yours from Target?  If they are the same ones, be careful of having them within reach at the changing table.  Mine are up high, but they are far from permanently affixed to the wall (they just hang on nails/simple hangers on the back of the mirrors).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
theshipshape
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009 07:10:29 PM »

It's so cute. You really planned well and came up with something that she'll love for a long time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mi-mi-mia!

Uh oh! What's that?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009 08:29:53 PM »

Very cute! I really love the colors and the artwork. Although I must be really tired... I probably read that sentence about the photo being sideways three or four times before I realized that you didn't place the bookshelf flat on the ground. whoops.

The furniture is fab.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009 09:21:40 PM »

you did a beautiful job, everything matches perfectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
stephanieyoo
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009 07:18:45 AM »

Thanks everybody!

I think we have the same mirrors in our nurseries, too!  Are yours from Target?  If they are the same ones, be careful of having them within reach at the changing table.  Mine are up high, but they are far from permanently affixed to the wall (they just hang on nails/simple hangers on the back of the mirrors).

Actually, those mirrors are just mirror tiles from Joann. I used those poster tab adhesive strips, so we actually have problems getting them off (my husband ripped off the paint and part of the wall trying to move one!!!). The problem I do have is that the edges of the tiles could probably cut her if she touched it just right. Fortunately, the changing pad is a good 5-6 inches from the wall, so she can't really reach it while I'm holding her down.

I did have the Target mirrors on my registry, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009 12:56:48 PM »

Cool deal!

Ours are high up above bookshelves, but I still want to adhere them better.  We could have an earthquake in Ohio, you know. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken Stock on fixmyrecipe.com
Crock Pot Roast
Waffle House Waffles Recipe
How to make Mushroom Sliders
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...