A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,236
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Free Date Ideas!  (Read 2624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lrschic
« on: January 15, 2009 01:21:38 PM »

I posted this on my blog, but I thought it would be neat if other people could add to it. Can you think of free dates for you and your partner? This can be for Valentine's Day in particular, or anytime.

1. Have a picnic. This is great indoors or out. Pack a basket with sandwiches, cheese, grapes, and wine. Spread a blanket on the floor or the ground and spend time focusing on each other.

2. Make s'mores. Roast marshmallows over the burner on a stove or by candlelight. Put the toasted mallows on some chocolate and graham cracker and enjoy the gooey goodness with your partner.

3. Gather some pencils and paper and sketch each other--at the same time. The artwork can be silly or serious, but it should be fun!

4. Play any number of card games or board games. Unos and Charades are good too. The possibilities are endless.

5. Do a craft together.

6. Do a puzzle. Better yet, blow up a picture of you and your partner, glue it to cardboard, cut into puzzle pieces, and then do the puzzle together.

7. Take pictures together. Go to a park, play in the snow, take a walk, or whatever. Just take some photos together! Younger people probably aren't too camera shy. I used to take my camera everywhere. It's fun to make memories, but it's even better to have a picture together to back it up. If you're really into it, have a photoshoot!

8. Read to each other. Whether it's poetry or spooky stories, it can be fun.

9. Fold origami. Cut paper into squares, google or youtube search for some directions, and have at it. I like the paper crane myself.

10. Volunteer your time together. It isn't what you'd think of for a typical date, but it's a good bonding experience. I have volunteered at soup kitchens, the hospital, city events, cancer & AIDS walks, family centers, and more. Each experience was different, but I always felt uplifted afterward.

11. Fold a piece of paper in half and mark two lines in the center. You draw a person from torso up and don't show your partner. They draw a person from torso down and don't show you. Open up the piece of paper and observe. It's funny to see the results!

12. Bake together. Make brownies, or make cookies and decorate them. Or rig up a double boiler to have fondue. It can be a chocolate fondue with strawberries for dipping or a cheese fondue with bread for dipping.

13. Make a collage together. It's a good oppurtunity to have downtime together and relx. It's also a way to find out what reminds your partner of you, and what they think of the relationship. By seeing what they clip out to put in the collage (pictures or words) you can see what's in their thoughts. If it turns out good you can frame it or put it into a scrapbook.

14. Find a free museum. Or a free movie showing. Many university campuses have film showings that are free to the public. Some museums have art exhibits for free. Getting some culture together is a great way to bond, and another oppurtunity to see how your partner views things.

15. Snuggle under a blanket and watch a movie. Pop some popcorn and make a night of it. Make sure you alternate who picks the movie. It's good to trade off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
indigo flower girl
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009 09:44:45 PM »

These ideas are so cute!  Thanks for sharing.  Here are some more.

16. Make hot chocolate and gather some blankets and go stargazing.
17. Tie-dye T-shirts or pillowcases together, for each other.
18. Cook a pancake breakfast together then curl up and spend the morning watching cartoons together.
19. Bake fortune cookies together and write messages to each other to put inside.
20. Make a music video together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cakeandmittens.wordpress.com/

Smile like you mean it, and let yourself let go.
lilleftie818
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009 09:05:43 AM »

ok this works if u are in central florida only i guess but its still really nice..

Ok Disneys Polynesian resort is amazingly romantic at night with its hawaiian theme.. And you dont have to be a guest to visit it.. At the security gate just tell them you want to look around or you are shopping or dining and they will let you pass.. sometimes they give you a 45 minute parking paper.. usually they dont though. Once you are in take a walk.. not IN the resort but go out the back exit by the pool (change in the outside bathroom and take a dip if u want.. ) OR my personal favorite.. Sit at the beach (man made) where you have a view of the castle and if you are there at the right time, you can see the fireworks from the beach! I work for disney and have done this so many times! I love it..

Another fun thing and this is how I spent my christmas.. after spending time doing a ton of fun things with the bf, at like 8pm we decided we would drive to the beach. And we did. It was completely dark out there which is scary at first to hear the ocean so loud and clear but hardly be able to see it.. But soon your eyes adjust and its just you, your special person and a million stars over your head! It is absolutely amazing we saw every constellation pretty much and a couple of shooting stars..

The beach on Christmas day can only happen in florida I guess lol! It was just kind of cold.. not FREEZING Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009 09:30:50 AM »

One thing we've never done but I used to do with my friends is have an indoor campout.  We'd set up tent in the living room (or if it was summer, in the backyard) and snuggle together in our sleeping bags.  We'd do the s'mores deal, plus tell "scary" stories and just giggle and hang out. 
Also, we really like planning our future (even if it's a future we can never have) so every so often we'll go house-hunting for our dream house through the really nice neighborhoods, and pick up flyers to compare when we get home.  It's super fun to imagine, and we also like to pick apart why our house is so much better than those houses. 
We love to walk to the park with our son, and if we don't have him, then we will sometimes walk to a coffee shop (which does cost a little money, but so do the supplies for the other dates) and just talk and enjoy each other.  The beach is just down the hill from the cafe, so we'll go hang out there too.  The baby loves it and we feel very peaceful together whether or not he's a third wheel!
And for movie date night we always have one person pick 3-5 movies and the other person pick one from those.  That way we both (mostly) enjoy what we're watching. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
kuckyjune

A pox? How delightful, a pox!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011 06:24:34 PM »

14. Find a free museum. Or a free movie showing. Many university campuses have film showings that are free to the public. Some museums have art exhibits for free. Getting some culture together is a great way to bond, and another oppurtunity to see how your partner views things.

Check your local library, too. Sometimes you can check out a day pass to yous local museum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marcusandila
Fairy Tales are Real

A TRUE LOVE Story Never Ends

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011 07:30:43 PM »

-Have a "snow day". build snowpeople, have snowball fights, take a walk in the cold weather, go sledding. then settle in with hotchocolate or coffee and watch a movie to warm back up. Smiley
-Take a bath together. LOL Kinda strange to fit two adults in a tub, but its romantic and fun.
-Do yard work together. not romantic, but we enjoy it. Smiley especially when we do our yearly landscaping.
-Not free, but can be. We LOVE to go to yardsales and rummage sales together!!
-We have several metroparks in our area. We enjoy taking a day walking together. When we had our dog, we would take him for a stroll to play with other dogs Smiley
-Not free, but cheaper option. Drive-ins. You get 2 movies for less than the price of one! Plus you get the privacy of just you two in the car!
-Double date. We do that alot with our best friends. FUN
-CHEAP: call the different bowling alleys for their best pricing dates. Right around the corner from our house is a bowling alley that has $1 game nights. So for less than $5 we get to go bowling! Plus we just walk over there, so we get some excercise too
-Work out together. He helps me with my form, so its beneficial too.
-Cook together. Smiley We enjoy making pastas together! yumm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG
MY PINTEREST
Momma to Cade & Cas
*Personal Swap? Yeahhh!*
PeachieClean
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012 01:57:00 PM »

I live in a small town, so we don't have much as far as designated date places.  Sure, we have the movies and places to eat, but that gets old pretty fast.  Instead, we try to think of things we enjoyed as kids, that we would probably enjoy together now. 

1) Blanket forts
2) Adding weird things to popcorn
3) Swings
4) Scavenger hunts

We mostly just make things up and almost never have a plan.  This year we're downplaying Valentine's Day since our anniversary is the next day, so blanket forts, sloppy joes and Pokemon on V-day, and we're going out the next day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My boyfriend is holding a Pokemon themed contest.  Interested?  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359328020778498.82645.352681428109824&type=1
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012 09:29:35 AM »

Learn a new recipe together. (I did that once to learn how to make fried chicken)
Work on projects you've been putting off.
Not free (or maybe it is): If you have a horrible movie put it in and watch it. Make popcorn to throw at the screen. If you don't have a movie that bad go rent a cheap one.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Fake Blood with Golden Syrup
How to Make a Fake Mustache
How to Make Green Playdough
How to Make Purple Playdough
How to Make Orange Playdough
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...