A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill-A-Box swap 11 Gallery  (Read 7978 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009 06:18:47 AM »

Yippee!!!  I got mine yesterday too, thankfully I saw the box, the mail lady stuck it on a chair next to the garage, whereas normally she sticks it on the ground by the front door  Tongue

Anyway, sorry I did even jump on here to announce that I received yesterday, it's not like me to wait more than 5 minutes to do so but I was feeling REALLY yucky and it took all my energy just to put ALLLLLL the goodies away that Caluna sent me!

Okay, so on with the pictures and descriptions!

Group shot:

lots of ephemera: mini cards, pages from an asian book, completely off-the-wall-random pictures from different books, stickers, cardstock, a piece of handmade paper with poppy seeds embedded... just tons of crazy stuff!  I'm sure I'll be discovering something new in it all everytime I sort through!
some really pretty embroidery floss, a baggy of beer/ale bottle caps (such cool ones too!), a piece of elastic, a stamp, a paper punch of a dog, seam bindings & trim, clasps...

a huge pack of iron-on transfer (extra excited about these), a huge magnetic strip (so many things I can do with this!), super soft plaid fleece, some green fabric that I happen to have a scrap of the exact same stuff, now I can do more with it, lol, some black vinyl, red felt, some black stuff that I don't know what kind of fabric it is but feels similar to ultra suede, and then there's some beautiful white fabric (and lots of it) that might be PERFECT for a project I'm doing for another swap!!!!  And off to the right, somehow it got cut off in every picture but there's some little mosaic jewel/rocks in a baggy too!

OH!  And all the while I was pulling all this out of the box, there were random buttons and little plastic figurines stuffed in all the little gaps (talk about filling every space!  LOL) oh, and a big googly eye too  Cheesy

What an awesome swap, thank you so much!!!!  I will definitely be signing up for the next round!  I was NOT disappointed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009 07:27:14 AM »

OK, so here are the contents of my box from Pupper!  LOVE the blue fun fur, I think I can make something really nifty with it Smiley

The whole lot of it!  Great stuff here...zippers, beads, thread, buttons, fabric, transfers, cross stitch and other stitching items, notions, and more!

Tons of fun in these bags!  Will take some time to sort, but looks like a lot of fun plastic beads Smiley  I love fun beads!

This had to be one of my fave items!  Pre-made pockets, love it!  Will have to use these on one of my first pairs of pants as pockets seem a bit daunting to me  Undecided

Thanks so much, Pupper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
nutfish1
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009 11:54:35 AM »

Yowsa! What great packages!  Lots and lots of fun stuff in them!

this is so exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirlz101
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009 12:36:36 PM »

Yay I just sent my box to my partner sheepBlue! Hope she enjoys all the stuff I sent to her.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One moment can change everything!

Live your life to the fullest every day!

Let your past remain behind you as you look forward to the future!
calluna
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009 06:01:33 PM »

Here are some of the highlights from the package Sheepblue sent me! Forgive the many scans; I tore into the box and went to work with its contents before I could get a proper group shot, and now everything has assimilated into my stash already!  Roll Eyes

Here are holiday cards, sewing notions, a box full of pins with an adhesive panel to put something on the front (I've never made pins/brooches before, so my imagination is swirling with the possibilities!), and that cute wallet is actually a sewing kit inside!

The doves are a garland--I can't wait to put this up for some event! Plus a whole slab of wintery scrapbook paper. And I loooove the Strawberry Shortcake patch like you wouldn't believe.

A little mis-squished in the scanner, but look how cute this cupcake towel is!

I received some Dr Seuss, a x-stitch pattern books with blank charts for designing my own, a pad of activity paper, and, not in the pictures, foam with a sticky side (yesss! I really did need that!), and more sewing notions.  Grin

Then a whole bunch of embroidery floss and needlework fabric--I couldn't fit all of it on the scanner!

She also send a great variety of beads, some clear tubing, and colored electric wires, which I promptly had to combine to make cat toys. I'm adding a few things to them from the things I can't give away, such as yarn and ribbons scraps, feathers and bells--

Thanks for all the great booty!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012 06:51:38 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009 06:59:53 PM »

yay, I'm so happy you like it all  Grin I was a bit worried my package wouldn't be up to snuff. The cat toy is great hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009 10:33:15 PM »

Yesterday I got my awesome package from rita, aka oops_creations!
First, there are a ton of postards from art shows and such. There's a really cool one of birds on a tree that have mushrooms for heads.

Some random stuff including breast cancer ribbons that have flower seeds in them, notebooks, note pads and best of all, floss holders for 'civilized flossing!'

And there is more, much more! Here you can see that she sent a bunch of quilt blocks (the flying geese are my favorite) and some circular knitting needles, faux wood pieces, the cutest snoopy and bunny dolls and  a roll of shiny stuff. I'm not sure what I'll use it for, but it's cool and shiny!

And lastly, here is the fabric. There are some really sweet vintage pieces and a bunch of Christmas fabric. There is also a opppet making kit with eyes, fabric and even a pattern and instructions. My favorite part of the whole box is the California flag...CA represent!

Thank you very much, Oops creations! I can't wait to start using it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
Oops Creations
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009 06:29:37 AM »

I received from SapphireMoon on Tuesday.  Here are the goodies.

A box chocked full of goodies.  Look at this great fabric.  There's a swimsuit material in a great tropical print, cute kids fabric.  Loving the Penguins!  That cream/blue/red fabric with graphic pattern is serged on the sides so i think I might just end up using that as a table runner.  Very nice. Plus a bold bright stripe that I'm seeing as reusable grocery totes or beach bags

Plus notions, look bias tape, ribbon, google eyes, yarn and more. 

Thanks so much Sapphire Moon,  this was a great package of goodies that helped brighten my day. 

---and you are welcome FlashleyAshely and Shadeweaver I'm happy that you both enjoyed your packages.  : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
JessBee21
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009 11:34:11 AM »

I just checked and I think that my package I sent arrived in Georgia today and I think my package that I'm receiving arrived in New Hampshire today!  I'm sooo excited to get home...only 2 more hours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2009 12:27:11 PM »

When I checked on it this morning it had arrived in NH, so hopefully it's at your house by now  Grin  If not, then certainly tomorrow! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Rise of Jazz Age Manhattan
Denise Kiernan on Life in the Manhattan Project’s Secret Cities
Cohabitate and Live Longer
Long-Term Effects of the Airport Backscatter
Gloucester Inspires Novel: Beauty
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...