A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,203
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chicken Recipes?  (Read 477 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cloudy.day
« on: January 24, 2009 10:53:35 PM »

I'm in charge of bring the main dish to the next meeing of a club I'm in.
I decided to bring chicken, because I figured it would be easier to make so much food affordably.
I'm not sure on an exact number, but I'm looking at up to 25-30, if not more.

I saw a recipe for French's Crunchy Onion Chicken in a magazine. I was also considering chicken parmesean.
http://www.frenchs.com/retailrecipeview.php?id=9568&recipe=FRENCHS-CRUNCHY-ONION-CHICKEN

Do you have any other ideas/suggestions?

Your help is GREATLY appreciated!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
danni42683
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009 01:10:15 PM »

How fancy of a club is it?
Something I love making for "get togethers" is BBQ chicken sandwiches. All I do is boil the chicken (boneless skinless chicken breast is the fastest and the easiest) until it falls apart. Then shred it, put it in a baking dish and mix in BBQ sauce, put it in the oven for a little bit, stir and if you need to add more bbq sauce! It is super simple and it is SOOOO easy to pack up and take with you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudy.day
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009 04:36:20 PM »

How fancy of a club is it?
Something I love making for "get togethers" is BBQ chicken sandwiches. All I do is boil the chicken (boneless skinless chicken breast is the fastest and the easiest) until it falls apart. Then shred it, put it in a baking dish and mix in BBQ sauce, put it in the oven for a little bit, stir and if you need to add more bbq sauce! It is super simple and it is SOOOO easy to pack up and take with you!

It's not "fancy". It's more like a professional club meeting; but this meeting is being used to recruit new members for next year. I like that idea! Thanks so much!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kelleys

It's always something with that one...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009 11:21:46 PM »

One thing I like to do with pork shoulder that also works really well with chicken thighs (you could do chicken breast if you want, I just find that the dark meat slow-cooks better) is to slow cook in a crock pot with some chicken broth, a few yellow onions quartered, and salsa verde. Then I cook it until it falls off the bone and shred it.  I use about 1 cup of salsa for 2 pounds of meat, then cover the rest with broth.  Then I save some salsa to top the meat with after it's cooked.  It's so yummy with some cilantro and sour cream on a tostada or flour tortilla. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celery, raw
Develops the jaw,
But celery, stewed,
Is more quietly chewed.
-Ogden Nash
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jewelry Soldering Basics
Making Metal Jewelry
Jewelry Casting
How to Cut Jewelry Designs in Metal
How to Make Gold and Silver Jewelry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...