A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,652
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ***FIRST THREAD*** WALMART DRESS  (Read 7743 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dannispring240
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2009 07:57:59 AM »

awesome costume! 
I am so jealous, I wish my legs looked that good in a dress!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
Le Mieux
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2009 08:29:58 AM »

mmmmmmmm how about old cds? the ones you record on are best cos they're silver all over....ive worn them as hats a few times, they're fragile but heat them up and they're really malliable and you can get the best shapes.

you could also do the burlesque thing of going on stage covered in balloons and popping them off you one by one.....ive always wanted to do that (strange fantasy???) x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
SNEAKSNEAK
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2009 08:43:05 AM »

mmmmmmmm how about old cds? the ones you record on are best cos they're silver all over....ive worn them as hats a few times, they're fragile but heat them up and they're really malliable and you can get the best shapes.

you could also do the burlesque thing of going on stage covered in balloons and popping them off you one by one.....ive always wanted to do that (strange fantasy???) x

very sexy idea about the cds. i never thought to heat them up and mold them. im excited to tinker and toy with that idea!

i wonder what song i could do in the balloons... ide hate for them to hurt as they pop
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ilikedresses
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2009 09:18:58 AM »

Your creations are lovely! And ecofriendly too! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hipmama1970
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009 09:37:45 AM »

Ooh, that's so cool! These are great!

What about postcards?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen, homeschooling mom of 4
Mandyhello

Cook-Eat-Stitch-Game- in that order :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009 09:40:19 AM »

it would take years, but can you imagine how amazing a dress made entirely out of tea bags would be?!  you could make a shift dress underneath and sew/hook like 7000 tea bags (tag and all) in layers like a crazy flapper dress!  there are all kinds of kitschy tea songs (tea for two..  the Kinks Have a Cuppa tea, etc)..  if you ever make this dress you HAVE to post pictures, it would be amazing Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009 09:56:27 AM »

holy rad!
My vote: Coffee Filters. You can sew them and dye them and they're al ruffly and cool. Youd have to sew them to some kind of fabric tho so they dont rip away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SNEAKSNEAK
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009 10:21:07 AM »

holy rad!
My vote: Coffee Filters. You can sew them and dye them and they're al ruffly and cool. Youd have to sew them to some kind of fabric tho so they dont rip away.
[/glow]

READ MY MIND! THAT IS HOW I PLANNED ON DOING THE FILTERS, WHICH I HAVE BEEN CONJOURING FOR QUITE SOMETIME! COFFEFILTERS AND CUPCAKE PAPERS.

AS FOR THE TEA DRESS MANDY HELLO I THINK THAT TEABAGS COULD BE A VERY CUTE FRINGE...  Wink I WILL BE SURE TO POST UP PIX IF I EVER CREATE SUCH A DRESS... I THINK I WILL SEW THROUGH THE TAG AND LET THEM DANGLE FROM THE STRINGS... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009 11:27:09 AM »

very sexy idea about the cds. i never thought to heat them up and mold them. im excited to tinker and toy with that idea!

i wonder what song i could do in the balloons... ide hate for them to hurt as they pop

99 Red Balloons by Nena of course!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009 09:43:34 PM by craftewoman » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2009 12:24:58 PM »

On that note you can do the same thing to old records. That could be really neat. and they are usually light enough to cut with scissors.

I had to comment that your legs are awesome. Smiley I wish my legs looked that nice period. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer Beauty Tips: Look Hot in the Heat
How to Wear Tinted Moisturizer
Khloe Kardashian Reveals Her Workout Routine
The Best Summer Beauty Tips You Should Use
4 Tips to Look Dynamite in Your Bikini
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...