A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
345 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lots of Twilight Jewelry! Picture porky! Possible Breaking Dawn Spoiler!  (Read 3319 times)
Tags for this thread: twilight , vampire  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bellalupina
« on: January 13, 2009 08:44:06 PM »

More Twilight jewelry items from yours truly!  I've been feeling rather inspired as of late, and these pieces are the product of that inspiration.  Comments are always welcome. Smiley  Descriptions/info taken from my deviantART.

Seth Bracelet

Someone recently asked me why, if I am such a Seth fan, do I not have more Seth-themed items? So of course I had to start crafting to prove them wrong!

This bracelet features a silver chain woven with a warm brown leather string (the color of Seth's fur). The charms are an "S" for his name, a paw print, and a feather. The whole thing is closed with a silver toggle clasp. A fairly simple bracelet, but nonetheless one of my favorites. I'm wearing it now in fact!

Jacob Bracelet

This is the counterpart to the Seth bracelet in my gallery. For all those die-hard Jacob fans, here's your very own bracelet! The silver chain has a length of rich brown leather woven into it (color of Jacob's fur). The three charms are a "J"initial charm, a feather, and a small bone charm saying "dog lover." I picked that charm in particular because Edward and others often refer to Jacob as a "dog" in a derogatory sense, but those of us pro-wolf people see no problem in being a dog lover!

Newborn Bracelet

I started some experiments in wire wrapping recently, and this was one of the resulting items. Very much a prototype if anything, but still pretty. I was inspired by Bella when she becomes a newborn vampire, and by the very concept of a newborn vampire in general. The overwhelming lust for blood is represented by the great number of red beads, while the resulting beauty of the transformation is symbolized by three pearls. The wire wrapping itself was inspired by a passage in the books wherein instructions are given on how to fight a newborn. One warning above all else is to not let them get their arms around you. I wrapped the wire in such a way to represent the crushing, stiff, and fierce power of these creatures.

Meadow Necklace

This necklace came to be by sheer chance, I happened to pick up the two charms at the same time and decided to work them together. One pair of pliers, several pinched fingers, and many pictures later we have this.

This necklace represents Edward and Bella's meadow from the Twilight series. It features a small silver leaf charm on a silver chain with a small Swarovski heart attached. The heart has an aurora borealis finish, giving it a beautiful shine. The necklace is closed with a silver toggle clasp which has a smaller leaf charm and green glass bead attached to it.

Alice's Crystal Ball Bracelet

The most recent challenge over at the twilight_crafts lj was to create something that sparkled and dazzled like our favorite vampires. This bracelet is part of my entry, the other half of which is a secret until my current swap ends. Tongue

The "crystal ball" is created with a lovely crystalized bead and two bead caps. I used three different chains for it, two beaded and one of actual silver chain. At it's inception I only had a gunmetal finding available, but I will be changing that soon.

Overall I like it. It's a bit larger than what I'd normally wear on my wrist, but I think that adds to its personality. It's definitely Alice!

That's it for the moment.  I do have a few more, but they were not cooperating with the camera, so they'll just have to wait.  Hope you enjoy my work!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009 09:12:09 PM by bellalupina » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

http://moonlit0wolfess.deviantart.com/

www.myspace.com/katherineelisemusic

I do personal swaps!
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009 09:07:12 PM »

I just keep ruining the Twilight story for myself.   Sad  once again I read how Bella becomes a vampire...and I'm only half way through New Moon.  I got into the series so late.   Cry

BUT, I do love how you incorporated the idea of a new born vampire into a bracelet.  it's so awesome!!!!!!  well, everything is awesome, but that one in particular...wow.  you've inspired me for when it (finally) comes time for me to make my Bella bracelet (stupid back order.  I wonder if Twilight is the reason why all the wolf charms sold out...).  keep up the beautiful work.  I've loved everything I've seen you make.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
bellalupina
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009 09:11:32 PM »

I just keep ruining the Twilight story for myself.   Sad  once again I read how Bella becomes a vampire...and I'm only half way through New Moon.  I got into the series so late.   Cry

BUT, I do love how you incorporated the idea of a new born vampire into a bracelet.  it's so awesome!!!!!!  well, everything is awesome, but that one in particular...wow.  you've inspired me for when it (finally) comes time for me to make my Bella bracelet (stupid back order.  I wonder if Twilight is the reason why all the wolf charms sold out...).  keep up the beautiful work.  I've loved everything I've seen you make.  I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Oh I'm so sorry about that!  I'll put up a spoiler alert in the title just for those who haven't read it yet.

I'm so glad you like it, and that I inspired you!  And yes, it's definitely Twilight's fault that wolf charms are all selling like crazy.  It makes things hard for someone like me because I make a lot of wolf-related things anyway and now it's all been taken over by Twilight!  But that's okay, as long as it's for Jacob I can allow it. Tongue

Thank you so much for the great compliments, I'll try and keep up good work. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack." ~Rudyard Kipling

I do personal swaps!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009 10:02:46 PM »

Nice work Bellalupina!  They're all really pretty.

I'm itching to show off some of the Twilight inspired jewelry I've been making, but it's all for the swaps!  It's driving me mildly mad, since I'd really like a second opinion on some of it, but what'cha gonna do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
bellalupina
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009 10:18:52 PM »

Nice work Bellalupina!  They're all really pretty.

I'm itching to show off some of the Twilight inspired jewelry I've been making, but it's all for the swaps!  It's driving me mildly mad, since I'd really like a second opinion on some of it, but what'cha gonna do?

Thanks!  Hehe, I know the feeling!  I can't even post mine on my deviantART because my partner is on there too!  Well, if you want to pass along some pictures or links to me I'd take a peek, seeing as I'm not your partner it should be fine.  Granted I'm sure anything you make is amazing, but I certainly don't mind looking at Twilight crafts. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009 08:56:16 AM »

I'll have to keep my eyes open for another Twilight swap.  I missed all the others because I hadn't even been into Twilight yet and when I found out about one, I didn't feel right signing up for it since I was only in the middle of Twilight at the time.  I'm almost done with New Moon (I stayed up WAY too late reading it last night.  Yay Alice!  AND THEY GOT TO EDWARD IN TIME!!! really no surprise though because I know about Bella and Edward since I've spoiled so much for myself), but I can't move onto Eclipse as soon as I'm done.  it's...it's...IT'S ON BACK ORDER TOO!!! Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

if I didn't have to go to work, I'd be downstairs in my little craft area making more Twilight stuff.  I need the practice for when I'm finally able to sign up for a swap.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
bellalupina
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009 10:07:24 AM »

I'll have to keep my eyes open for another Twilight swap.  I missed all the others because I hadn't even been into Twilight yet and when I found out about one, I didn't feel right signing up for it since I was only in the middle of Twilight at the time.  I'm almost done with New Moon (I stayed up WAY too late reading it last night.  Yay Alice!  AND THEY GOT TO EDWARD IN TIME!!! really no surprise though because I know about Bella and Edward since I've spoiled so much for myself), but I can't move onto Eclipse as soon as I'm done.  it's...it's...IT'S ON BACK ORDER TOO!!! Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

if I didn't have to go to work, I'd be downstairs in my little craft area making more Twilight stuff.  I need the practice for when I'm finally able to sign up for a swap.   Wink

Oooh, I love New Moon.  Actually, I even stayed up way late last night rereading Eclipse, so you're not the only one!  Maybe you could try Half.com for Eclipse, it's a place for used or new books.  Nice and cheap and usually there's a few different sellers.

Yeah work puts a crimp in my crafting style.  Smiley  If I could just get them to let me craft at work...hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009 11:51:25 AM »

Yeah work puts a crimp in my crafting style.  Smiley  If I could just get them to let me craft at work...hehe.

HA!  I actually DO get to craft at work, it's my job!  Yet I still wish I could work on personal projects instead! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Summer Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
bellalupina
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009 02:38:29 PM »

HA!  I actually DO get to craft at work, it's my job!  Yet I still wish I could work on personal projects instead! 

Sounds fun, though I know the feeling.  Sometimes when I'm doing commissioned work all I want to do is something of my own!  Granted I do tend to work on my ideas at my job.  One of the girls will come over to ask me something and say, "What are you doing?"  "Oh nothing, just drafting a pattern..."  Haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!
paperairplanes
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009 03:11:36 PM »

i especially love the werewolf bracelets!! it's all gorgeous though
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Unexpected Ways to Wear Plaid
The Perfect Presents to Please Any Stylish Mom
The Right Fit: There Is A Bra For Every Body
How to Rock the Trench Coat Trend for Fall 2012
Who Wore It Best: Pink Or Kim Kardashian?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...