A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Totally impractical (an inappropriate) birthday presents! (quite a few pictures)  (Read 1560 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Astolante
« on: January 13, 2009 03:10:25 PM »

So it was my 20th birthday a couple of months ago. To celebrate, I had a joint birthday party with a friend of mine at university (who also has a house, and seeing as I was planning on using it anyway, it was only fair to invite him!)

Now, Alex is a completely heterosexual male, but ever so domestic. The man cooks (very well), cleans, and enjoys it! It's a running joke in his (mostly female) house that he's more feminine that the girls are. Having brought my sewing machine to uni, I couldn't resist making him something...

The apron I made:

All in pink satin with black lace and grosgrain. Somewhat Chanel - inspired. And totally impractical!
I sewed black lace to the pink rubber gloves to make them a bit fancier. Never again am I sewing marigolds...

...Then I thought "I've got loads of this pink satin (appropriated from the college social committee's store room...) left. And the apron doesn't look like much. Hmm."
...And I made some boxers from a pattern I found on the internets. Worryingly, the majority of lads who saw them said "they look quite comfy, actually." I did have to keep taking in the seams, because he's quite slim, so I went on the theory that if they were too small for me, he'd be fine! ...Just ignore my foot in the picture.

And a closeup of the fly:

The instructions weren't that clear, so I had to wing it, but I'm insanely pleased with how it came out.

Finally, the whole ensemble! Quite a charming Look, I think Wink Not sure who got him the pink hat. I am, by the way, tying the apron for him. Honest. While Captain Jack looks on.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
kulispel
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009 04:00:00 PM »

This is amazing and I love it! You did a wonderful job. I love the boxers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cute_anarchy
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009 04:51:17 PM »

Awesome, hilarious, and most beautifully crafted!  I love the pink and lace and button details.  That slippery stuff is hard to work with too - great job!

Happy birthday, and you've got a friend with a great sense of humor there - lucky both of you! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
jessmonster

And so, the lion fell in love with the lamb..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009 09:54:26 PM »

he's gorgeous and thats the prettiest, most ridiculous birthday present i've seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KMOM13
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009 12:57:16 AM »

LOL, he will be the best dressed cook in the house. 

The items look great and your friend has to have a great sense of humor (and sure of his masculinity) to pose wearing that much pink with black lace and he will probably have a great time putting them on to shock people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SNEAKSNEAK
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009 05:26:57 AM »

HE COULD BE MY MOLLY MAID Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Comfort Food Meatloaf Dinner Recipe
Oven Baked Pork Chops with Gravy Recipe
Oven Baked Round Steak and Rich Gravy Recipe
Red Cinnamon Dinner Apples Recipe
Fiesta Corn Relish Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...