A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CRAFTERS COAST TO COAST - SEASON 3 TALENT SEARCH!  (Read 10445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

strangey
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2005 12:58:51 PM »

I'm so glad to see this thread. I thought maybe I was just an old fuddy-duddy  Wink  Those silly gimmicky shots just waste time, in my opinion. I am also getting tired of all the jewelry making and glass art segments (but that's just me). It seems like every show features someone soldering something or on the other hand sticking something in a kiln. Not enough projects you could try at home before laying out big bucks on kilns, tools, etc. 
but lots of times I've enjoyed the projects -- one that comes to mind was the guy who made the little zombie dolls. He worked in a mortuary, which was funny, but he didn't act like a big dork.  I also really liked a segment they had a couple weeks ago where a woman made a collage on a canvas, using black and white photos of her kids. it was an interesting idea.
And, no, I wouldn't wanna be on the show either, but mostly because I would NOT want anyone to see my "work area" -- it's my dining room table! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftman
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2005 03:05:05 PM »

Greetings to Everyone:

Thought I'd chime in here with my humble 2 cents Smiley

First of all, rest assured, guys and gals. The third season of Crafters Coast to Coast (to be called THAT'S CLEVER!) will be slightly different than the previous couple of seasons. Mainly, there has been severe attention paid to lessening camera movement. Also, HGTV has opened up the ability of our segment producers to find more varied crafts (yes, there were previous contraints placed on them in regards to what kind of crafts could be booked for the show -- this has since changed).

Also, I would like to reiterate that I am but a humble associate producer, a mere 24 years old (though an old soul... hehe), and completely without ANY power or influence to affect the style or content of the program that I work on. It's the bottom of the totem pole for me, ladies and gents. Please be kind... I do my best to pass along viewer reaction as much as possible.

Regards,
Garrison Taylor
Associate Producer
That's Clever!
(formerly Crafters Coast to Coast)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2005 03:29:14 PM »

I, too, love this show. -=looks at the clock=- Damn it! I just missed it!

Ahem, sorry. I agree about the camera work. My opnion is that they're trying to appeal to a younger audience than that who watch Carol Duval, for example. How to make a show "younger?" Well, use some avant-garde camer angles, cheesey animation bits, and make the contestants as "hip" (aka CHEESEY) as possible. Ah, well, you can't have everything, I suppose. No TV show is perfect. (Except for House, M.D. and LOST)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveyou330
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2005 09:28:49 PM »

Thanks, craftman. It's great to hear that season 3 will be different.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

From the book Godless:

Just Al: I know that God is real. I feel his presence in my heart
Me: What does it feel like?
Just Al: It's hard to describe Jason. It feels good.
Me: Oh. I thought maybe it was like heartburn or something.
maps
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2005 09:45:31 PM »

I agree - it is nice to hear some feedback from Craftman about the changes in Season 3.  But...  That's Clever!?  Yikes!  Bad titles aside, I still plan on "tivo'ing" the show every day.  My husband even watches it with me sometimes, because he likes to see the process behind different arts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been laid up with bronchitis for two weeks. I am catching up now. Please let me know if I have forgotten something! Sad  -4/5/11
LuluB
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2005 07:29:16 AM »

if the new season doesn't have a freaking mosaics segment almost every week it will be a vast improvement.
i'm sick of hearing about how grout works.

erika
THIS ROCKS   Logged

candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2005 01:17:09 PM »

if the new season doesn't have a freaking mosaics segment almost every week it will be a vast improvement.

erika

They do have mosaic segments a lot, huh? Well, I, for one, LOVE mosaics... and I wish I could be brave enough to attempt them, but I kind of agree. I'm not saying to abolish all mosaics from the show forever or anything...but maybe have at least ONE episode without them! lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2005 04:43:47 PM »

Slight change of subject...When they did a call for season 2 a lot of people were sad they weren't coming to their town.  What craft of yours would you do on TV if you could?  (And just to help out Craftman, where's the closest big city to you in case they need input on cities with crafters?)  I was just wondering.  Personally, I would love to do one of my license plate purses (I have no idea which one of them) but Cinci (OH) is not on the list.  They must believe we still have riots and they're worse than LA's. Smiley  Anyway, what would you do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
monkeymaker

my eyes!! my eyes!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2005 11:00:40 AM »

thanks for filling us in 'craftman'. much obliged...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm leaning on my shovel in this graveyard of dreams ~ devil makes three
craftman
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2005 01:19:31 PM »

erika

Ha! That issue has also been addressed. Unless the process is vastly different from the mosaic projects featured in seasons 1 and 2, we have been instructed to no longer accept mosaic submissions. Just to let everyone know...

Regards,
Garrison Taylor
Associate Producer
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy DIY Party Favor-Lollipop Koozies
How to Make Inexpensive Flower Arrangements
Basic Cable Knitting
Positioning Tips For Your HUSQVARNA VIKING
How to Create Unique Fabrics
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...