A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Turtle Bread!  (Read 10510 times)
Tags for this thread: turtle , bread , recipe_link  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amandaaleigh
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2009 01:59:30 PM »

This is excellent. I should definitely try making something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2009 11:42:16 AM »

i made a turtle bread yesterday with my 12 year old daughter, we had fun doing this together:

During cooking one of the eyeballs fell off and i had to do "surgery" (by poking the bread and shoving it back on!)  to get it to stay on for at least taking a pic. When i made the shell the dough rose in the oven and shifted so it looks lopsided!  Your turtle is much cuter! Oh well, we still loved making him! Any suggestions for keeping the limbs on? i followed the recipe and they were still very close to falling off too?  What am I doing wrong?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SciFunk
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2009 12:16:48 PM »

Any suggestions for keeping the limbs on? i followed the recipe and they were still very close to falling off too?  What am I doing wrong?

Hmm.. I'm not sure. I basically did what the recipe said and used water to attach them. I sort of pulled the limbs onto the shell and squished them down so it was all one piece again. Does that make sense? Also I didn't bother making the tail a separate piece, I just sort of pulled it out from the shell bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

penandpaper
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009 03:14:59 AM »

Eee, adorable! If only all my bread were turtle shaped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonEyze
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2009 08:16:33 PM »

I remember my Mom making bread turtles when I was a little kid!! Thanks for the smile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
John Lennon
artzyfartzy
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2009 12:50:03 PM »

Any suggestions for keeping the limbs on? i followed the recipe and they were still very close to falling off too?  What am I doing wrong?

Hmm.. I'm not sure. I basically did what the recipe said and used water to attach them. I sort of pulled the limbs onto the shell and squished them down so it was all one piece again. Does that make sense? Also I didn't bother making the tail a separate piece, I just sort of pulled it out from the shell bit.

Great idea for the tail. & i think i was in too much of a hurry with the limbs. I sometimes get excited and want to see the outcome of my projects too quick. next time I'll take my time and have fun molding the turtle & see if it turns out better. thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnight Iris
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2009 01:03:02 PM »

I made myself some turtle bread a few days ago. I didnt have any raisins so I used chocolate chips that I found, but...it didn't turn out so well  Shocked

It was super fun to make and I learned a lot. It was my first time making any kind of bread and it didn't last very long Wink Last night I used this same recipe and made bread in the shape of a cat but its head fell off so I didn't take any pictures. Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zombies=<3
Jessica__
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009 04:39:51 PM »

Definitely going to make one of these on my next day off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2009 10:20:38 AM »

Oh, this is well cute. I should make more shaped bread - I'm good at bread, but usually only make loaves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Warm Cinnamon Apples Recipe
Cheesecake Factory Original Cheesecake Recipe
How to Make Raspberry-White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...