A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Cable Hat Crochet-a-long (w/pattern link)  (Read 13890 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ZellaBella
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2009 11:16:08 AM »

in homespun's tudor

and lying flat

it's hard to make out but you can see the cables in the sun light over all i love the color for this but i wish the yarn wasnt so lumpy
oh and this has to be the warmest hat i've made so far Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2009 11:17:21 AM »

moodindigo pretty shade of blue what yarn is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VelvetHeart67
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2009 01:54:37 PM »

Whoa...some beautiful hats! I really love the baby versions!
I have a silly question, again.... Shocked
Before starting the "brim" rows...is everyone still slipping and chaining two before starting the bpdc, fpdc combo?
I want to finish this sucker so I can send it off tomorrow...any help would be awesome!!

- Sandy

**UPDATE** - I went ahead and slipped, chained two...but them started right away with the bpdc, fpdc combo...I think this might work!  If I'm doing it wrong, feel free to comment, please!!  I'll post a pic when I'm done.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009 02:02:44 PM by VelvetHeart67 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
moodindigo
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2009 02:37:02 PM »

Thanks I really like this color too. It was the only reason I tried out Vanna's choice. The yarn felt a little scratchy at first but soften up nicely in the dryer. The color is called Sapphire and  I would have made a scarf to go with it but I cant find the dye lot again.  Cry

Whoa...some beautiful hats! I really love the baby versions!
I have a silly question, again.... Shocked
Before starting the "brim" rows...is everyone still slipping and chaining two before starting the bpdc, fpdc combo?
I want to finish this sucker so I can send it off tomorrow...any help would be awesome!!

- Sandy

**UPDATE** - I went ahead and slipped, chained two...but them started right away with the bpdc, fpdc combo...I think this might work!  If I'm doing it wrong, feel free to comment, please!!  I'll post a pic when I'm done.

I did my brims the same way with the chain 2 and it came out fine.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009 02:39:45 PM by moodindigo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop repeat offenders. Don't re-elect them!
ZellaBella
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2009 02:38:50 PM »

Thanks I really like this color too. It was the only reason I tried out Vanna's choice. The yarn felt a little scratchy at first but soften up nicely in the dryer. The color is called Sapphire and  I would have made a scarf to go with it but I cant find the dye lot again.  Cry
oh i am doing the baby blocks blanket cal  in vanna's choice colors! neat thanks for answering Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moodindigo
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2009 02:43:20 PM »

oh i am doing the baby blocks blanket cal  in vanna's choice colors! neat thanks for answering Smiley

Are you finding the other colors to be soft? I know sometimes the dye can make the yarn feel different. I love the Vanna's choice colors so I am willing to give it another go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZellaBella
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2009 04:03:19 PM »

Are you finding the other colors to be soft? I know sometimes the dye can make the yarn feel different. I love the Vanna's choice colors so I am willing to give it another go.
yes i am but it could be cause this is baby yarn? much nicer then red heart which is what i usally use since i buy cheap
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moodindigo
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2009 05:25:34 PM »

yes i am but it could be cause this is baby yarn? much nicer then red heart which is what i usally use since i buy cheap

Thats cool maybe I will give it a try. I swear I make a new hat for DD every week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VelvetHeart67
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2009 01:29:58 AM »

Finally...it's done!

This was a baptism by fire - as I am a beginner...
This was made with 3 hooks....J (main hat), H (3 rds of brim),G (last two rds of brim).
Thank you everyone for your help!!

- Sandy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZellaBella
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2009 04:23:56 AM »

VelvetHeart67 oh nice why three hooks or rather the last two rows with g? too big? or just wanted it to fit snugger?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Simon Majumdar
Silencing Sam Book Trailer
Isabel Gillies Reveals Her Favorite Movies
Danielle Staub Talks About The Naked Truth
Meet Author Cathy Alter
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...