A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Cable Hat Crochet-a-long (w/pattern link)  (Read 13875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

foreversandals
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009 08:55:03 AM »

I might join in on this!
I need a hat that fits well with my short(er) hair and a lot of my old hats don't work. So here's hoping!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs:
- Crochet: Baby Blanket
- Scrapbooking: Ongoing scrapbook
- Body: Creating a baby!!

http://www.wists.com/foreversandals
http://beautythroughthelens.wordpress.com [my photoblog]
smrfchic
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009 09:05:30 PM »

This hat has been slow going for me... I've been trying to catch up on laundry and haven't had much time to sit down and really work on this pattern.  I've just started the 6th row, and am hoping to work on it more this weekend!

Sorry for the bad pic - camera ran out of batteries so I had to use my cell phone.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
Rheatheylia

...I think I could make one of those...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009 10:30:33 PM »

Just a quick heads up:
Updated the pattern so there are now two sizes:
Smaller (which is new) fits heads 18-22"
and Larger (the original) fits heads 21-26"
I know some people have said that my hats turn out large, I have a large head and very thick hair so I tend to design them that way. Hopefully with more size options they'll fit normal-head-sized people better, lol. I need to keep in mind not everyone is shaped like a lollipop when I write patterns  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns
Crochet Patterns, hats and amigurumi
moodindigo
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2009 12:18:49 PM »

Just a quick heads up:
Updated the pattern so there are now two sizes:
Smaller (which is new) fits heads 18-22"
and Larger (the original) fits heads 21-26"
I know some people have said that my hats turn out large, I have a large head and very thick hair so I tend to design them that way. Hopefully with more size options they'll fit normal-head-sized people better, lol. I need to keep in mind not everyone is shaped like a lollipop when I write patterns  Cheesy

Thanks I can make another one for my peanut head cousin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop repeat offenders. Don't re-elect them!
Esjay82
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2009 02:04:09 PM »

I meant to say Thanku to Rheatheylia for the pattern!!! i've actually just about finish another hat from your patterns.. the divine one.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrfchic
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009 10:03:34 AM »

Ohmigosh!!!!  I am getting really frustrated with this.
I couldn't figure out what row i was supposedly on, so i ripped the whole thing out.  The stitches I had didn't match up to what was in the pattern, so I couldn't figure out what to do. When i ripped it out, i found out i had evidently started with 16 stitches the last time - i don't know how the heck that happened?? I'm still not sure.
now i can't even get past the third row. i have the 24fdpc's, and i keep coming up with only 36 stitches in the next row, not 40. I have tried it 3 times. I had to turn off the TV even so i could try concentrating more on it, and I just don't get what the problem is.  ::::deep breathing::::
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
Esjay82
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009 01:29:13 PM »

oh dear smrfchic!  Sad i wonder what u've done?! i had no problem with this pattern this time when i tried it.. bt like i said before.. the 1st couple of times i tried it which was well over a year ago i just couldnt grasp it! i'm sure if u keep at it.. or put it down for a bit then com back to it, it'll begin to work better. good luck!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rheatheylia

...I think I could make one of those...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009 01:48:39 PM »

Ohmigosh!!!!  I am getting really frustrated with this.
I couldn't figure out what row i was supposedly on, so i ripped the whole thing out.  The stitches I had didn't match up to what was in the pattern, so I couldn't figure out what to do. When i ripped it out, i found out i had evidently started with 16 stitches the last time - i don't know how the heck that happened?? I'm still not sure.
now i can't even get past the third row. i have the 24fdpc's, and i keep coming up with only 36 stitches in the next row, not 40. I have tried it 3 times. I had to turn off the TV even so i could try concentrating more on it, and I just don't get what the problem is.  ::::deep breathing::::

I recently updated the pattern so the standard size is medium instead of large, so if you started on the hat before the update there should be 16 stitches to begin with. If you restarted with 14 stitches to begin with you should have 28 fpdcs at the end of the second row, if you only have 24 then the third row will only give you 36 stitches, so the problem lies somewhere in rows 1-2, hope this makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.rheatheylia.com/index.php?page=patterns
Crochet Patterns, hats and amigurumi
VelvetHeart67
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009 02:05:31 PM »

Newbie Alert!!
Hi everybody - I was wondering if someone would hold my hand on this project...
Here is silly question #1: when starting round 2, do we ch 2 before starting the 2 fpdcs in every dc?  Or do we just do a quick slip and begin the fpdcs?  Round 2 seems like a foundation round...so I'm wondering if it needs the ch 2.  I'm guessing no, because the stitch count doesn't reflect the addition of two chains?  OR.......
Silly queston #2: Or does the ch 2 count as a dc?
Silly question #3:  Are we slipping to the top of ch 2 at the end of/beginning of every round?
I'm a bit baffled, as you can see....let's just say I made it to the end of round 4, and then realized I had one too many dcs!!
(~~woman spinning in circles tearing her hair out~~) - yes, you can laugh at me.  Grin
I have restarted this hat 3 times...I'm determined to get it right for heaven's sake!  After seeing the pics of the SMART CROCHETers that figured this pattern out, I can't help but feel like an idiot!!!  By the way, your hats are beautiful!!
Any help would be appreciated...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smrfchic
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009 02:14:40 PM »

::::slapping head::::

Oh. My. LORD.
I figured out what I did wrong.  My kids took the first page of the pattern off of the end table where I had left it, and I was looking at the BABY sized pattern, which has a different # of stitches.
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGh hhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

All that lost work, for nothing!
Now I need to find the first page again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Shoot Portrait Photos
How to Look Fabulous in a Photograph
How to Get Good Nature Photos
ISO Adjustment
How to Tale Digital Photographs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...