A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My latest hoodies- Super Mario Galaxy, Rubber Soul (Beatles) and Johnny Lunchbox  (Read 1530 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fluffypants
« on: January 11, 2009 09:28:32 PM »

I was a busy Christmas crafter, and managed to make hoodies for my boyfriend and two of my close friends for Christmas!

First up, the Super Mario Galaxy hoodie which was more of a pain in the butt than it should have been. Everything was going wrong (which resulted in the huge neckline) but he loved it in the end. *giggle* Made from a $5 K-Mart tee, gray cotton, and lined with a nice warm starry blanket from the thrift store, and some black fleece thrown in when I ran out of starry blanket.
 The shirt is a little too short (I was gonna lengthen it for him once I saw it on him, but he didn't seem to want to give it back to me for long enough to fix it up, hehe). It's also big on him, but for some reason he always wears huge shirts.

Next up, the Beatles hoodie I made a good friend of mine for Christmas. I made it out of a $7 t-shirt from Wal Mart and some green fabric (hood, sleeves, and strips up the side of the torso) and is lined with super soft brown fleece! Unfortunately, this is the only pic I got before I gave it away- hopefully she gets a couple good shots! Smiley

And last but not least... one of my close friends has a band called Johnny Lunchbox. I designed their logo a few months back, and really wanted to do something with it for him for Christmas. And thus, the Johnny Lunchbox hoodie was born!

Cutting the stencil for the back was the hardest part... here's the piece after I "screened" the image onto it...

The hoodie all together (again, only pic I have... I see a pattern here)...

And the back!

There's nothing quite like giving homemade gifts for Christmas- three very well recieved gifts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohyouprettythings
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009 06:56:02 AM »

Wait, does Johnny Lunchbox mean something?  There's a little antique store near where I live called Johnny Lunchbox.  Maybe I'm missing something.

Anyway, the logo looks great and the stenciling turned out really nicely as well.  Props!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's smart not to eat anything you find in a mirror.

www.overandover.ets y.com
fluffypants
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009 08:17:47 AM »

Haha, no way! That's too cool. Jeff (the guy I made the shirt for) says that apparently "Johnny Lunchbox" is a term used around here to describe guys that work at the mill, who carry their metal lunchboxes and wear their hardhats everywhere. I really have no idea if that's fact or fiction, since I'd never heard it until he mentioned it, haha. I'd assume it just means something like a hard working person... I think it's a bit of a vintage saying, to be honest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stuckmachinic
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009 10:28:07 AM »

I'm so going to steal that Mario hoodie! Cheesy Awesome job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

well you're magic he said but don't let it all go to your head
KMOM13
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009 06:59:58 AM »

Love the logo you created for the band.   

All of the hoodies look great but the Beatles one is totally off the hook.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluffypants
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009 08:26:58 AM »

Thanks all!

The Beatles one was definitely my favourite. I was tempted to keep it! *blush*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your Lips Appear Bigger
This Couple Got Facelifts Together
His & Her Facelifts
Top 8 Ways to Protect Your Skin from Winter Weather
How to Keep Your Eye Shadow from Creasing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!
Meatless Monday: Marinated Pasta Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...