A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Laptop Sleeve  (Read 945 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JessJezzz
« on: January 11, 2009 04:21:59 PM »

I like to take my laptop with me to classes, but if I'm going somewhere else and want to take it, or if I have to carry more than usual, I like to take something besides my briefcase-like laptop bag, usually a tote. However, I'm always worried the laptop will get damaged since there isn't as much cushioning - the solution, of course, being a laptop sleeve. I was going to buy one, but I instead decided to use some of the lovely canvas I got from Ikea and a few of my fat quarters to make my own. It also gave me a chance to try out the new serger I got for Christmas!

Here it is turned inside out so you can see the lining. I just used a couple of fat quarters I had in my stash.

Right-side out, with the flap undone. I was going to have a loop to go around this big cute button, but instead I decided to just make it decorative and use a snap instead - one side of the snap is sew onto the flap, the other glued onto the back of the button. You can also see my new photo box - 2 pieces of foam board and 4 book lights from Dollar Tree, and you have yourself a clean background and much improved lighting for photography!

I finished the flap with the serger stitching visible, I rather like how it looks - I was also careful to line up the heart pattern to make it look extra nice. In case you're wondering, I used iron-on fleece as well as quilt batting - both left over from previous projects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Polly Peanut

gone crazy - back soon!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009 01:35:05 PM »

This is really cute! Love your fabric choices. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Is Your The Least Favorite Urban Legend
Who Is Your Favorite Cartoon Animal
Who Would You Be If You Had to Cosplay
Who Is Your Favorite Dracula
Dramatic Reads: Chris Roberson
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...