A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,777
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Singlet Shopping Bag/LP Coffee Cuff  (Read 1715 times)
Tags for this thread: coffee_cozy  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 11, 2009 12:18:37 PM »

Just adding to the pile of the singlet-style shopping bags made from the now famous tutorial here on craftster. I've made a few of these but this is my favourite one to date as it's the first one not just made from random fabrics, I picked these out especially for a friend's Christmas present. The bag is lined with the same fabric that the outside pocket is made from.

I also made the coffee cuff using two layers of a kind of sweatshirt-y fabric from my stash as insulation and a printed cotton on the outside, with elastic thread to make it adjustable and some buttons from my enormous button hoarde. I really like how it turned out, I just made a pattern from a Starbucks cardboard version and it was such a quick and easy gift. I'm going to make one for myself next. Here are both items, folded and unfolded.. any C/C much appreciated! Smiley

"My ideal candidate? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable... fictional... and overqualified." - Dwight K Schrute (The Office US)

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009 12:54:06 PM »

I absolutely love the coffee cup huggie! gotta make one for myself and friends! Your bag is very nice as well. I'm a singlet shopping bag making addict myself!

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009 04:10:21 PM »

These are great.  I love your fabric choices.

Please become a fan of cindygert on my Face Book page.

I love yarn ever so much.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009 04:46:52 PM »

So cute!
Could you link the tutorial?
I haven't come across that one before and I would love to try it out.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009 04:49:54 PM »

Thanks everyone! Smiley

The tutorial is located here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0 , it's really great, I was able to follow it when I was new to sewing and still use it every time I make one of these bags with no complaints. I love making these bags for other people, and generally I hear that cashiers compliment them as well, which is nice!!

"My ideal candidate? Jack Bauer. But he is unavailable... fictional... and overqualified." - Dwight K Schrute (The Office US)

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009 05:02:06 PM »

Nice job.  I've been wanting to try coffee cuffs, I even bought a bunch of cool fat quarters to use.  It's on my "list".  Yours turned out great.  I gave out a bunch of the shopping bags for Christmas and everyone loved them.  I didn't put the pocket on them though, I just made a quick drawstring pouch to stuff them in.  I gave three to my stepmom and she called back raving about them and "ordered" three more.  Love your fabrics!

Aut vincere aut mori

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009 05:31:54 PM »

I got a coffee cozy in my first swap and use it almost daily! Your bag and cuff are way to cute!

Psychology Instructor & Personal Trainer

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Be Happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009 10:37:05 PM »

LOL - my friends and family are also proud owners of the singlet shopping bags!  Great job - its kinda fun picking out the fabric!  Love the coffee sleeve - the elastic loops are a great idea - will give it a try on my next spree! Cheesy

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shaun King on Getting More Out of Life
Bestselling Author Lisa Genova Discusses Her Main Character Alice
Patricia Cornwell on Writing About Darkness and Loss
Our Fiction Picks for 2014
Our Nonfiction Picks for 2014
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...