A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: PS3 Mascot Sackboy!! (Now with even more info on his construction!)  (Read 63235 times)
Tags for this thread: sackboy , little_big_planet , ps3 , video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

abssinth
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009 07:16:36 PM »

Shocked  OMG!!!!  I told my husband when this game came out that I wanted this little guy!!!  He nonchalantly said "Then crochet one".  I've been too preoccupied with my other projects to start one as I knew I'd have to start from scratch and make him up as I went.  But - - - THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU!   Kiss  You've made my day!  I'm now confident I can do this as I've seen the project come to life!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
a_falsario
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009 08:48:12 PM »

how exactly did you do the mouth?  I read that you used a c.d., but how did you make it pop open? (if that makes any sense)

It makes perfect sense! In order to have the mouth fit, you obviously need to skip a bunch of stitches in the crochet work to leave room to sew in the mouth piece. You need to make sure you have a place to put it!

Anywho, I broke a CD in half and then laid it on a piece of the black canvas. I made sure that there was at least half an inch of fabric showing around the CD. This fabric was used to sew the mouth piece to the head. The CD pieces were placed so that the broken sides are almost touching, so it almost looked like the CD was whole. I left a little less than 1/16in in between the pieces going all the way across. I then taped both pieces to the canvas so they wouldn't move. After that I laid another piece of fabric (the same size) on top of the CD pieces. I then sewed around the inside of the little circle. Once that was done I outlined the round edges of the CD so that I could easily see where the CD was. That made it much easier when I stitched all around the CD. I removed the tape as I got to it during the sewing.

Once the stitching was done, you could see the outline of the CD and the hole in the middle. I then stitched across the CD through the space I had left between the pieces. Because the CD was sewn in between the fabric while laying flat, there is some resistance when it's folded in half. That's what keeps the mouth open. I then sewed the mouth to the inside of the head. 

**I guess it would be the time to say that I crocheted the head from the bottom of the neck up. I inserted the mouth piece once I crocheted a few rows above the mouth space.

The crocheted head keeps the mouth from opening too far.

That maybe more than you were looking for! Sorry if it was. I wanted to be as thorough as possible. Let me know if I left you with more questions! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy for one-of-a-kind rings!

http://www.sassini.etsy.com
BellaModiste
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009 09:03:02 PM »

So so very awesome! You did a fantastic job on him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vanxriot
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009 10:13:37 PM »

OH MY GOSH! I AM IN LOVE!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please Visit my Etsy shop =) http://vanxriot.etsy.com
lady_cyanide
too weird to live, too rare to die.

hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name <3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009 10:27:07 PM »

i have no clue what this game is about, but i accompanied a friend while he bought it, and exclaimed "omg i can make that thing!" when i saw that little fella. yours looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a pile of shit has a thousand eyes.
annessa
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009 11:21:30 PM »

Nice crochet work, i love crochet dolls but never ever made such a big one. Cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Magals
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009 11:31:08 PM »

Lame! you beat me to it, haha its ok. It looks fantastic, at first i didnt even notice it was crochet, great job, love the zipper. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009 05:12:26 AM »

Freakin' awesome!  Your version is cuter than that knit version Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Winter Market 2014
oddmentsandtweaks
Editor In Cheese

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009 05:27:19 AM »

That is amazing! Makes me wish that I had gone into more detail in my crochet lessons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://oddmentsandtweaks.artfire.com
------
No swaps right now :_(
psychicx
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009 06:52:06 AM »

i am not good at crocheting but you said there is a pattern to knit the sackboy where is the site plz..brenda.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Gold Eyeliner
Birchbox Sneak Peek: December 2013
How to Use a Makeup Sponge to Apply Foundation
How To Make Your Own Face Mask At Home Using Fruit Juices And Sugar
How to Do a Marbleized Manicure
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...