A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I have cloth baby diapers and wool diaper covers...now I just need the baby!  (Read 2949 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

reves

My dreams balance out the rest of the day.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2009 02:37:40 PM »

hope it works for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
helenleeks
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009 06:44:51 PM »

this is a great pattern.  i volunteered to make cloth dipes for a friend and had been searching for a pattern i liked.  question......it references adding elastic at the sides but doesn't mention how long to cut the elastic.  what did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wisegirl
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009 06:38:34 AM »

Along the sides of the diapers I started with 1/4" elastic but then switched to 3/8" about 8" long(size small). I found the 1/4" just wasn't strong enough through all the layers of some of my heavier fabric so you might find you need to cut the width of the pattern just a bit wider, depending on what fabric you are using. For example a couple of my diapers are made from heavy sweatshirts where I needed the wider elasticso it was strong enough to pull all the fabric together.  I also put 3/8" about 5 1/2" long along the back (size small). I hope this helps, let me know how it turns out! I still have size large to make so if you have any tips you learn along the way, please let me know!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just listen to the wind, mother nature's violin."  Chris LeDoux

check out my etsy shop; www.prairiemother.e tsy.com
Henny Penny
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009 10:31:10 AM »

Thanks for the links!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
punkrockchick
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009 07:32:01 AM »

Those look great!!! I LOVE cloth diapers....so easy to make & so much better for the little ones & the environment!!! My only suggestion is to put laundry tabs inside the dipes so the velcro stays fresh & doesn't pill the fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HappiLeigh
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009 01:57:46 PM »

I recommend you round the edges of the velcro you have sticking out because it can be scratchy. Also, I noticed you didn't add laundry tabs. They're great because when using those, the hook part of the velcro doesn't grab onto other clothes when in the laundry.

I was going to say the same thing.  In my experience actual velcro doesn't actually hold up great in the wash even with tabs.  I've found that mail-order aplix is worth the shipping cost after you've washed a few times.  (Of course, I found this out after making a whole stash with velcro for my firstborn!)

With regard to the sizing, my daughter was in mediums from about 6 months until she potty-trained at almost 2.  We never used larges at all.

I love love love the Halloween dipes, and all the wool covers look so great!  Good job!  I'm jealous of your cute stash.  I'm 12 weeks pregnant and just ordered a bunch of PUL to get started.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staceycanada
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009 11:48:38 PM »

They look awesome. I am also a cloth diaper user and sewer.

If you want some more freebie patterns email me at: staceycoates230@hotmail.com

Anyone else who is interested please feel free also just put cloth diaper sewing in the subject box.

Also check this site out. It is all about sewing cloth diapers: http://diaperdivas.proboards.com/index.cgi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009 07:32:06 PM »

those are really great!
I'm so jalous!

My midwife actually gave me her old ones. But they were too old and didn't last long enough Sad
I wish I had pretty ones like yours! I LOVE the plaid ones
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Asuna
How to Draw an Anime DJ Girl
How to Draw Zim
How to Draw Zapp Braniggan
How to Draw Wilma
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...