A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Molly The Dolly  (Read 506 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

treasures_Of_Albion
« on: January 10, 2009 02:22:54 PM »

I have Finaly made a doll after lookign at all the beautifull ones here !
I decided to make a Dolly for my baby cousin, for Christmas ( Yes, its taken this long to get round to posting !!) and I didnt want to make a 'cute girlie' dolly, as its not my style, and I dont think its my Aunts either !

Anyway, I decided to make 'Molly the Dolly' (My Papa named her). She lives in a flowerpot and lives in the bottom of the garden! Where she looks after all the bugs and flowers, and has other general adventures with her friends.
I so,so,so enjoyed making Molly, and im going to try to do lots more !!

I made her dress from scratch, its patchwork, and took me ages !! Those squares are TINY!!! but it was worth it i think!
She also has a frilly blouse and bloomers Smiley oh ! and a little hat, that was WAY to small once she greww all that hair  Wink
My fave bit is her hair, which is made from yarn and a wooly jumper (sweater) that I un-threaded in places. It also has beads and pretty things in too !

Sorry about the picture quality, Molly is hiding from the bitter,bitter cold, and my camera likes to be quite rubbish sometimes !!
Ohk, I think ive talked for quite enough, Sorry !!! ( just verry excited!!))  Roll Eyes Ahem, so here is Molly The Dolly:

Say hello Molly ! Oh! There are some felt dreads in there too!

Taking refuge in the Faerie House!( can you see here stripey socks !!)

With the hat :S Checking out the toadstools!

The Haaaaair !!!!

And the Dress!!

I gave her to my cousin in  flower pot with a wooly cover on it --- forgot to take pics Angry  an a little book with photos tellin glucy ( my cousin ) what she likes to do etc (which got sucked in 5 mins... Cry

If you managed to read ALL of this post and survived, THANK-YOU!!  And If you looked at the pics, Thanks !!
Please give me you Comments and critism, as i know theres some faults and really want to know how i can improve!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.--C.S. Lewis
grenouille78
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009 02:40:21 PM »

The first thing that caught my eye was the hair -- love it! And especially reading that you unraveled a sweater to make it. Good work! Second, I am quite impressed at her little patchwork dress! I know I don't have the patience to stick with something like that, so I can really appreciate it! I like the cute story about her playing with bugs and flowers and whatnot. Yeah, babies chew on the things, so too bad for the book, but I think Molly (with her cute little smile) is going to get lots of love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

treasures_Of_Albion
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009 02:53:55 PM »

Thank-you ! When i started the dress i thought it was a brill idea but i was tearing my haor out towards the end !!
Yes, i knew i should of laminated the book ! oh well i think her mummy managed to save most of it !  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.--C.S. Lewis
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Moist Banana Bread
How to Make Sauerkraut
How to Make a Breakfast Casserole
How to Make Seared Ahi Tuna
How to Make Chicken Wings
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...