A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kate Winslet's Badgley Mischka dress <3 <3  (Read 7579 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bluemoongirl
« on: March 14, 2005 07:09:19 PM »

After I saw Kate Winslet's oscar dress by Badgley Mischka, I immediately wanted to make something like it for myself. I've searched online for patterns for a dress that resemble her dress, without luck. Do you guys think it makes sense to keep looking, or to just create my own pattern? Here's a pic of the dress:

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rizzleraz
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005 09:49:06 PM »

wow that is a gorgeous dress. you probably wont find a pattern just like that one. but you could probably mix some together. just try to look through books of patterns like they have at walmart and if you find one that looks like the top part, and one that looks like the bottom, just mix. or you could go to a local seamstress running in with the picture saying "I WANT A DRESS LIKE THIS NOOOOOW"  Tongue lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boleyn

Queen Anne Lackhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005 08:36:04 AM »

I'll bet Vogue has an evening dress pattern similar to that. They typically have the best selection. You might have to make a few alterations to get the exact look, but that shouldn't be too difficult if you have sewing experience. Good luck, and post a pic when you're done!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005 05:08:21 PM »

Vogue pattern v2848 is similar to this dress but it will need modifying

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V2848=x&TI=20001&page=1
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005 05:10:04 PM by qazicat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
BearyPerky

Just call me Rizzo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005 10:17:41 PM »

i couldn't see the picture of the dress, but i know i have seen kate in a dress similar to this pattern...
http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.V2801=x&TI=20004&page=1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She looks too pure to be pink!
tracysnow
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005 11:04:06 AM »

You know, I think that she must use the best designers! I searched for 6 months for a pattern similar to her white dress that she wore at the end of "Titanic" to no avail. There is a dress that is incredible! I talked with so many people online to try and design that dress. Look it up sometimes!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
candycanechild
Paper Doll

version 4.1: she's just so clinically cynically.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005 03:13:34 PM »

You know, I think that she must use the best designers! I searched for 6 months for a pattern similar to her white dress that she wore at the end of "Titanic" to no avail. There is a dress that is incredible! I talked with so many people online to try and design that dress. Look it up sometimes!!

Could this be the dress you're talking about? http://www.costumersguide.com/heaven.shtml I love that site... for a lot of movies, they re-create the outfits and show you how you can, too. For this dress, though, they only have some reference pictures so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sniggler
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005 08:39:13 AM »

Bodice: Standard triangle top? Make the straps wide and then gather it to get the wrinkled look, and maybe find a couple inexpensive costume jewelry pins to complete the look. Make the lower part of the bodice extra long so you can gather it up, but as for the triangular shaped inset, I have no idea.
Skirt: I think you could make a straight skirt and then insert large triangles of fabric to make it flow in the front segment.
It'd take a good deal of effort, but I just might work. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
pristinity
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006 05:28:58 PM »

I love Kate Winslet, and most of her outfits. This dress is lovely. I would just get the fabric and go from there, cutting and sewing until I was happy. If you're not a great fool like I am, you might want to try and find some patterns that look as if they could make up part of the dress. Sorry to be so unhelpful...

Oh, and there's this absolutely gorgeous red dress she wore in Harper's Bazaar in I think November or December that I may try to make. Because I adore it and would like to wear it to a formal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006 03:27:33 PM »

helllo-i know that you said you wanted to make this,but i have no idea and could not help you- but i found this website, and it makes dresses similar to celebrities dresses- actaully it's like exacxtly the same

so here's the dress:
http://www.edressme.com/promgown31.html

hth,
leanne
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tips from Lauren Luke: Eyeshadow Color
Meet Judge Greg Mathis
Audrey Niffenegger Talks About Her Fearful Symmetry
Michael Capuzzo Talks About The Murder Room
Cassandra Clare Talks About Clockwork Angel Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...