A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Singapore  (Read 8636 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tidesong
« on: January 08, 2009 07:51:01 PM »

Hey we finally have an asian city guide!

So some lists for Singapore:
Some obvious places to get our crafty supplies, but thought I'd just list them anyway:

1) Spotlight, Plaza Singapura, Ontop of Dhoby Ghaut MRT
2) Art friend, Takashimaya, Next to Orchard MRT
3) Arab Street, Walk from Bugis MRT
4) Chinatown, Chinatown MRT
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinkguin
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009 05:09:21 AM »

Hi there! I'd like to add in a few more locations that I visit.

- SKP stores: there are 39 all over the island check their website for details www.skp.com.sg

- Bead stores: 1. ViVE Creation Beads and Craft Garden, 133 New Bridge Road #03-14 Chinatown
                    2. Tye Kheng (PTE) LTD, No.49 South Bridge Road
                    3. Shino beads, 101 Upper Cross Street, #02-56A People's Park Centre
                       (Opp Subordinates court)
                *It's worth having a look at toy stores for beads as well*

- Scrapbooking: Made With Love, Plaza Singapura

Hope that helps! Will add more to the list soon!

D.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hand it over to you on a plate

http://www.wists.com/Pinkguin
junsuina

Waking Up Famous

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009 06:23:33 AM »

Here's one for beads, I love thisc place,

Its at Holland V, [url:http://beadsatwork.com]Beads @
Work[/url].Its at 25D Lorong Liliput above Subway.

There's a ribbon and yarn shop at the shopping centre there also but I can't remember the exact name of the building, its above cold storage on the 2nd floor. If you've been there, I guess you know what I'm talking about.

Its really small and easy to miss.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starrygurlrox
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009 08:44:44 PM »

Daiso is one of my favourite unorthodox places for getting craft supplies. Every branch carries a slightly different range and the goods are often changing so you never know what you might find. I've visited the ones at VivoCity (HarbourFront MRT), Plaza Singapura (Dhoby Ghaut MRT) and IMM (near Jurong East MRT). Small wooden flowers for cards, striped felt and fabric ribbon are some of the things I've gotten from there. A little imagination does wonders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sastcheli
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009 08:18:10 AM »

Hi! There's this cross-stitch shop in Far East Plaza called 'The Knotty Shop'. It's on the 4th floor: #04-43. It's a pretty small corner shop very near one of the escalators.

It sells mainly cross-stitch fabric, kits, thread (DMC and some Anchor), beads and other stuff that I can't remember. And it's cheaper than spotlight Cheesy They have classes for cross stitch and hardanger too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catontheroof
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009 04:59:19 AM »

Hi, I'm visiting Singapore next month... Any thoughts about where to find knitting yarns and supplies? Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sairosaurus
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009 02:59:37 AM »

Hey guys,
My mum recently visited Singapore, and took a visit to Arab St for me, and bought a bunch of silk dupioni in a range of different colours from Mahaco Impex.
I was wondering if you guys know of any specialty bridal fabric shops around that have a website and might ship to Australia?

Thanks!

Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissCraftyFingers
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010 02:29:26 AM »

Fabrics/Sewing
If you're looking for cheap fabrics for your crafting needs, the old Woodlands Town Centre (next to the causeway) has about 3 shops that sells fabric. One of them (next to the POSB ATMs) sells quite a variety and are really cheap! prices can range from $1.50 to $3.80 per yard for cotton, corduroys, denim, lace, etc. Really good bargain. They don't carry Japanese prints though.

The Japanese fabrics can be found at Block 32, Park Crescent, Level 2 (behind People's Park & OG). They are usually available at $6 per metre. Cheaper than the stuff at Spotlight. Cheesy There's also a store there called Brighton Accessories (I think) that sells really cheap stuff for crafting & sewing accessories, like threads, ribbons, laces, D rings for bags & pouches, pins, and stuff for your sewing machines like needles, bobbins, etc. There are a few other shops on the same floor that sells sewing stuff.

Yarns
- Golden Dragon Store at People's Park Centre is the place to go. It has a wide variety of good yarn.
- There's a tiny shop at Holland Village, the same building as Cold Storage on Level 2. I don't know the name but it's at pretty much towards the end away from the escalator. It carries some brands of good yarn. Pricier than Golden Dragon I think, but it does carry some brands which Golden Dragon doesn't.
- For cheap acrylic, there's always Spotlight. And sometimes when Spotlight has sales, it's pretty worthwhile to buy yarn from there.
- Daiso also has a variety of yarns and also knitting needles & crochet hooks, in plastic & bamboo. All priced at $2. If you like a certain yarn at Daiso, you probably have to buy quite abit because they come in small skeins.

Beads
- Bead Cage at Centrepoint at Orchard Road has a nice range.
- Mix and Match at People's Park Centre has very good range as well and they are cheaper than Bead Cage.
Both shops organise beading classes too.

Basically, Golden Dragon Store at Chinatown is awesome for just about everything. You can get most of your crafting needs there. Though for some items, it's not the cheapest place, the variety is really good. They have yarn, sewing, beading, quilting, basket weaving, japanese fabrics, cross stitch, embroidery, pattern books, ribbons and laces etc etc. It imports quite a bit foreign quality craft brands, like Clover. This shop has been around for a long time, since 1949! Explore this shop and you will feel like a kid in a candy store. Tongue
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010 09:47:56 PM by MissCraftyFingers » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sherry Lansing: Strong, Honest and Nice
Sherry Lansing: The Fight to Make a Movie
Sherry Lansing: A Third Chapter
Sherry Lansing: When a Movie Fails
Sherry Lansing: Pioneer Studio Executive & Philanthropist
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...