A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,472
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: awesome sculpted dog cake!!!! img heavy :)  (Read 8873 times)
Tags for this thread: cake , cake_decorating , fondant , dachshund  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pandaz
« on: January 08, 2009 03:29:37 PM »

alright, second time using fondant. i made a guitar cake for my dad, and wanted to try something a bit more 3D this time. My boyfriends mom's 50th birthday is coming up, and she has two ADORABLE mini daschunds that she loves. they always cuddle under a blanket together, so we decided to make a sculpted cake of the two.

and ta-da!

it came out better than i expected! except that the proportions are a bit off, but shh

a couple of progress shots:

and for reference, here are pictures of the dogs we modeled them after!

Gretchen

spaetzle

and the two together, we took the covers of of them too quickly and woke them! but look how they cuddle... awwwww

this cake came out so much better than i thought it was going to, and after 5 hours of decorating, thank goodness! its going to be a center piece at a restaurant for the birthday for a party of about 20! then theyre eating it back at home, but unfortunately, i cant make it to the party, ill be out of town Sad so hopefully i can get my boyfriend to take some good reaction pictures i can post!

comments welcome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009 03:38:35 PM »

This is soooo cool, and very lifelike.  Great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeonix
Crochet, Cross-stitch, Scrapbooking

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009 03:56:06 PM »

Ohhhhhh this makes me soooo happy on the inside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mego
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009 03:59:09 PM »

I LOVE THAT!! Oh goodness, I wish I had your mad cake skills!  Did you take any decorating classes or just from your own knowledge?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing, cooking, traveling, and everything blog:
http://www.whatmegmakes.com

My stores:
http://megwest.etsy.com
http://mwest.mymarkstore.com
spookshowbaby77
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009 04:21:41 PM »

WOW! That cake looks fabulous! I bet your bf's Mom is going to love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OpheliasLily
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009 04:29:25 PM »

Oh my! I have so much to tell you! First,  gut gemacht - fantastisch!. What amazing work! I have a brown mini of my own & he would make a lovely cake model too. Secondly, the names are great! My grandmother's first dachsie (of about 10) was named Gretchen & she named my aunt after her - and so Spatzle doesn't feel left out, tell him/her that that spatzle mit kase is my favorite meal. Again - good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pandaz
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009 04:30:46 PM »

I LOVE THAT!! Oh goodness, I wish I had your mad cake skills!  Did you take any decorating classes or just from your own knowledge?

nope, just fell in love with Ace of Cakes and Amazing Wedding Cakes, and thought "humph, that looks fun!" and gave it a shot! Smiley you just gotta jump right in and believe that you can do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pandaz
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009 04:33:47 PM »

Oh my! I have so much to tell you! First,  gut gemacht - fantastisch!. What amazing work! I have a brown mini of my own & he would make a lovely cake model too. Secondly, the names are great! My grandmother's first dachsie (of about 10) was named Gretchen & she named my aunt after her - and so Spatzle doesn't feel left out, tell him/her that that spatzle mit kase is my favorite meal. Again - good job!

haha thanks! i know i've always loved the names they picked. they've had a couple others before that have passed away, but the only name i can remember right now of those is  Liepshin (spelling?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BendyBones

Your mother ate my dog!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009 04:46:17 PM »

Really great cake! Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://bendybones.etsy.com - crochet

http://bendybonespapercuts.etsy.com - paper

http://bendybones.blogspot.com/ - me

Does anyone want to do a personal swap? I'm looking for a horror-ish new bag/purse. Message me if interested!
OpheliasLily
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009 04:59:13 PM »

haha thanks! i know i've always loved the names they picked. they've had a couple others before that have passed away, but the only name i can remember right now of those is  Liepshin (spelling?)

Your kidding - Liebschen? Oh this is getting a little spooky ! I named the puppy we just rescued "Liebschen!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jennifer Garner Goes Sexy to Celebrate Her First Fashion Campaign
Designer Looks For Less: Summer Shoe Trends For 2013
Best Dressed Celebrities at the 2013 ESPY Awards
Dressing Modestly in 2013
A New Way to Measure Bras
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...