A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,471
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BurdaStyle patterns no longer free  (Read 1665 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

radical
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009 02:06:22 PM »

You can feel free to message me for a list of the patterns I have saved.  I'm happy to share!   Cool
<br>

<P>I only ever used the sloper pattern, but I saved some of them for my daughter to use when she's ready.  The sloper does not have sleeves, but I cheated and used a close-fitting sleeve from another pattern with only minor alterations. 
<br>

<P> I really did enjoy the inspiration of seeing what others have done with those patterns, so I hope people don't stop using them because of the charge. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stelloun
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009 03:35:31 PM »

I agree totally with the two last comments !
What I loved with Burdastyle is that whenever you are , any ways you have to produce you just needed a sewing machine and a computer!
Everybody had equal chances to create and we were all showing our creations and sharing! Creations from same patterns , which was very rich ! I loved to see creations from everywhere in the world , it was so great, you didnt need to "afford" it to create!
It's really something that will be lost! When I read about it I felt like 200 per cent in a consumer society, where money is the only key to survive and I was disgusted!
Anyone of you, my craftfriends can ask me of course for those i saved, I kept like 13 patterns I think! Tongue
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 03:36:44 PM by stelloun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

marieC
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2009 07:24:01 AM »

Yeah, I noticed it last week too when I went nosing around for a dress pattern.  It's definitely annoying and feels kind of like Indian-giving.  "Oh, all those patterns we gave you as presents, we found out they're worth something and are taking them back now."

Anyway, an age ago I wanted to actually pay for one of their shirt patterns that never was free.  When I was getting into the checkout area and was going to put my cc information in I noticed there wasn't a little lock symbol on my computer window frame and got weirded out by how secure the site was.  I didn't buy from them in the end (my dad's always been very into financial internet security) and I wondered if anyone else had noticed that or knew about it.

Otherwise, I'm sticking to my 99cent sales at Hancock (and 3.99 vogue patterns).  Stock up when they go on sale!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A state of confusion is unpleasant, but a state of certainty is ridiculous.  - Voltaire.
Thesingingllamas
Queen of the Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2009 11:25:45 AM »

Personally, as someone that has made patterns, it is hard work with lots of fittings which can get very expensive. I didn't know how they could sustain themselves giving things away for free. I think they should have free for a limited time when they first release a pattern it will be free, but then after say a month it will become pay so that people that are loyal to the website will get free patterns, but casual visitors will have to pay a small fee. I mainly look at patterns for inspiration and while I have visited the website, I have never made anything from it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TexasThistle
Innocent until PROVEN guilty

This is complete BS.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009 08:13:02 AM »

I see a lot of patterns I like on there. I am going to print and save them in my pattern storage. A lot of the free ones do well for the kind of wardrobe I want but I may buy some of the really awesome ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am open to personal swaps (feedback is untrue)
Alexus1325
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009 05:01:05 PM »

Makes me glad I saved every pattern I liked as soon as I discovered that site last year. I have MANY of their formerly free patterns *wink wink* *nudge nudge* *hint hint*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clayfaery
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009 08:14:21 PM »

does anyone have any of the plus size patterns saved ? I never saved any for lack of a printer and now we have one . Poo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009 10:25:18 PM »

I think Nadine Plus was their first full-figure redraft, and I'm pretty sure that was after they started charging Sad If it was before the change, I'm sorry to say I didn't save it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imnotasuperhero

you know i'm not a super hero...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009 01:24:16 PM »

I know this topic is from a while ago, but is anyone still wiling to share the patterns they saved? Specifically Bella, Nichola and Hikaru.
I'm really sad about BurdaStyle changed their policy.  I discovered them about a year ago and finnally got around to downloading the patterns this summer only to find out they started charging.grr.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for clear safety eyes (15mm or 18mm)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Classic Chicago-Style Hot Dog for Summer
Appetite For Digestion: Anthony Eats America Ep. 4 - Deleted Scene
I Am Spam: Anthony Eats America Ep. 4 - Deleted Scene
Anthony Opens Up: Anthony Eats America Ep. 4 - Deleted Scene
Cherry Pie With Lattice Top Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...