A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Zombie girl!  (Read 1285 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Vampira_666
« on: January 06, 2013 06:55:11 PM »

I am very late posting this but wanted to share anyhow... We participate in a Zombie walk every year for charity- my daughter has done the walk every year since she was about 7 months old! (she's almost 5 now)  I've posted a few of our previous zombie costumes here also. This is from 2012's zombie walk! Now that she is older she wanted to go all out and have a really good costume. So mommy obliged her!  We were on the news also- they interviewed us and it was on the news and online!!!!!

Her prosthetic is all custom made since it is practically impossible to find one small enough for lil' ones- the teeth were made from air dry clay & then painted & coated in clear nail polish & the piece itself was made from latex, paint and cotton balls. then it was attached with more latex & tissue- then make-up & blood were added.  Her costume itself is put together with pieces she already owned & a thrift store house coat- I just tore them up & added blood & dirt. The oxygen mask was one left behind in my home by the paramedics one night when I was taken to hospital, I just added blood to it and filled the bag with a coagulated mixture I made from paint, food colouring, water and gelatin and the oxygen tank was made from a 2 liter bottle, some metal tape, paint and left over material from an apron I made for my husband's costume. We also borrowed my mother's wheelchair to add to the effect as she was suppose to be a patient from the hospital. Of course we had horrible weather & it rained almost the entire walk- thankfully her prosthetic held up really well & honestly it probably added to the make-up effects!!  I unfortunately don't have any progress shots but here are some of the finished product!!

to change your image viewing settings please click here

edited to add pictures of the beginning of the walk before her make-up had been affected by the rain

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013 07:49:42 PM by MareMare - Reason: to add mature image tag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~ Vampira_666 ~*
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013 07:05:28 PM »

This is terrifying!!! I suppose that's what you guys were going for so... success Smiley!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
ivoryh1632
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013 08:03:25 PM »

wow. that's amazing. you should go into business making prosthetics cuz that looks better than the stuff you see in halloween stores, if i wasn't allergic to latex i'd totally commission you to make me some amazingness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vampira_666
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013 08:15:45 PM »

wow. that's amazing. you should go into business making prosthetics cuz that looks better than the stuff you see in halloween stores, if i wasn't allergic to latex i'd totally commission you to make me some amazingness.

Thanks very much! I do enjoy making them quite a bit!!  BTW there is alternatives to latex... I do recipe using gelatin & a few other ingredients-  I had to find some sort of alternative as I have a friend that asked me to make her a prosthetic , & she is highly allergic to latex!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~ Vampira_666 ~*
ivoryh1632
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013 09:17:57 PM »

omg i'd love to have that recipe if you don't mind sharing. i've found some latex alternative stuff online but its crazy expensive
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013 11:08:30 PM »

Wow she is truly scary!!! You did a great job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013 02:11:12 AM »

holy cow she looks amazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenitsu
Oh my, where do I start? Here? Okay!

(⌒▽⌒)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013 12:08:10 AM »

Omg this is cooooooool!!!!! She looks like she had fun, would have loved to have been there to see it in person! Might have to do something like this with my brothers (I'm 1 of 5 kids myself haha) a whole trove of us runnin around in ghoulish makeup would probably freak out the whole town! I just love this!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hito no ji wa hitori ja tatenai...=)

Pintrest!

You dont need to be weird to belong here...there's a tutorial for that somewhere!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 2/8
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 7/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 8/28
How to Crochet a Simple Baby Sweater Part 9/28
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...