A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My version from a kimono by Trina Turk  (Read 1400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 07, 2009 10:26:41 AM »

hi, dears!
I'm sharing with you my last project. I finished it last weekend. Unlucky, I started around 14 months ago! why unlucky? because: I got a mess with the pattern (I forgot why I cut there and there!), I had cut BAD the fabric, I got 6 kilos fatter from there, then I have to introduce some changes to be able of using it! not all the changes were good...  Undecided
I cannot provide a link of the picture where I found the original (it was a Nordstrom.com) because this happened in 2007, and it's not on line anymore.
Anyway, I still think that sharing it could be worth  Grin

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

May the Ghost Squid be with you.
Offline Offline

Posts: 10984
Joined: 06-Jan-2008

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009 12:38:01 PM »

It's pretty!  Good for you for not giving up!   Smiley

"We can have anything we want, because we can make it." - RovingAnarchist

Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds


« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009 04:33:39 AM »

Thank you!
and I realized that I like many clothes by Trina Turk, so maybe I'll try again, more carefully now,
by now, I started a dress, I copied the model from an old sewing book, I made the pattern and modified it. I cut the fabric. It was almost not enough fabric... I did my best effort, but then I realized the fabric lines didn't look so fine after the way I cut it... Tongue
I used 1.50x1.50 I had,
I would have needed 2m x 1.50 for a very good job.
Let's see. When I finish it, I'll post it too  Cheesy
(in the right branch, not here of course)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Magical Granny Squares
Squeeze and Solitude - AHEC and RCA Collaboration
Pumpkin Carving Ideas and Techniques
How to Use Everyday Items to Protect Book Covers
How to Make an Art Smock
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Felt Basket
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2015, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.