A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,629
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: thrift stores near DC metro area  (Read 20931 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

greeneye

"Dream big and dare to fail."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004 06:48:24 AM »

i go to Meeps Fashionette every once in a blue moon...it's in DC on U street...dang! i just checked out the website! looks like they consign for local designers! (awesome!)

http://www.meepsonu.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flossie
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2004 01:01:45 PM »

i go to Meeps Fashionette every once in a blue moon...it's in DC on U street...dang! i just checked out the website! looks like they consign for local designers! (awesome!)

http://www.meepsonu.com/
Ahh! That store looks awesome! I must try to go there this weekend! (when I get a break from studying.  Undecided )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftpunk
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004 01:50:25 PM »

Meeps is way overpriced.  I'm not such a fan.  Same with Nana's, which is right down the street. 

Good if you like vintage clothes and don't mind paying a premium for them. 

If you want good thrift though, you have to go to the suburbs. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.rebound-designs.com 
Handcrafted Bling
flossie
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004 05:56:44 PM »

I don't really like vintage clothes, but i do like their accessories. (cards, earrings) I think i may try making one of those tie cuffs they have on there...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftpunk
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2004 05:30:46 AM »

Tie cuffs?  You mean, a necktie that is worn as a bracelet?

My old (EVIL) roommate used to work there, and I make and sell wrist ties online as well as at a local market.  I gave her one as a present, and I'd be willing to bet she took it in and showed them, and instead of giving me the commissioned work, they probably just had an employee hack off a bunch of nasty old ties. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.rebound-designs.com 
Handcrafted Bling
greeneye

"Dream big and dare to fail."

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2004 08:37:05 AM »

actually, i usually end up at meeps when i need a little inspiration/funkiness...don't get too much of that in the burbs unless it's a consignment store. New to You is okay (consignment store in Falls Church) http://www.newtoyou.net/index.asp
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daringdiva
DARING DIVA OF STYLE

THE DIVA OF STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2004 11:22:32 AM »

does any one know of any good thrift stores near marymount university, which is out in arlington va off of north glebe road..i know of one..but i am looking for more..that one has things ever now and then..i was looking to go tomorrow..so if anyone knows of any great thrift stores, salvation armys, all that good stuff..give me a holla!

thanks! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIVA!
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2004 06:30:37 PM »

a bunch near arlington are mentioned on this thread.. the one near the laverna tavern which is in westover (near swanson middle school) and New to you is really close.. t heres also a good will near 7 corners (in the section with target)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
discotheque
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005 12:48:20 PM »

My favorite thrift store in the area is Value Village in Langley Park -- it's HUGE, very cheap, and always has something good (clothes, home decoration stuff, boxes, bedding, books, games...).  It's not easy to get to by Metro, but it's easy with a car -- it's just on 193 between Riggs Road and the university.  There's also a medium-sized Salvation Army near there, on New Hampshire Ave. just south of the 193/NH Ave. intersection. 

My favorite secondhand store is Glad Rags in Takoma Park (Carroll Ave. and Ethan Allen Ave.), but it isn't particularly cheap.  However, they have great stuff, and they sell crafty jewelry -- Jody might be amenable to taking work on consignment.

yesss i agree with all of this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
glccafar
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005 04:38:19 PM »

Wagging Tails in Rockville (benefits Mountgomery County animal shelter).  Excellent stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Clean Old Paintings Without Damaging Them
How to Blend Colors Together Using Oil Paints
How to Paint a Portrait with Oils Using a Photo
How to Prepare a Canvas for Oil Painting
How to Mix Oil Paint Colors
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...