A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheted Square Pineapple Doily  (Read 3050 times)
Tags for this thread: doily  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

xyphir
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014 01:44:38 PM »

Oh, wow Madcrafter, congratulations on the win! Your pineapple doily is gorgeous. I am in love with pineapples at the moment, been making a few things with them Smiley
Love the square pattern. Was it a written pattern or a visual one? I can't read patterns, yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madcrafter
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014 03:04:11 PM »

Oh, wow Madcrafter, congratulations on the win! Your pineapple doily is gorgeous. I am in love with pineapples at the moment, been making a few things with them :)
Love the square pattern. Was it a written pattern or a visual one? I can't read patterns, yet.

Thank you!  The pattern was from a very old Magic Crochet.  So it had some written instructions but also a complete symbol pattern.  Pineapples are a favorite for me.  People think they are so hard but the all follow a basic pattern that makes them really easy to stitch.  Because this pattern was square the pineapples were different in the corners.  So it was more difficult then the average round pineapple doily but not by much.  The hardest part was getting the tension right in the corners.  I found it a challenge which I like when I'm crocheting.  I really suggest Magic Crochet for learning to read patterns unfortunately it is out of print.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
storerboughtcreations
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014 10:19:48 PM »

BEAUTIFUL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madcrafter
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014 07:47:11 AM »

Thank you!  I just started a new doily this week but it is working up faster because I'm using up a ball of size 10 thread.  After 3 days it is a foot in diameter.  I hope to finish this as a gift.  Tuesday my boyfriend picked up 5,000 yards of size 30 thread so I can start a tablecloth!  I have decades of Magic Crochets and I have sent days trying to pick out a design.  Looks like I may just choose a motif and wing the design.  The tablecloth should take about 6 months so it will be ready for the next County Fair.

Madcrafter
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Enjoy crafting today!

Lois the raving crafter

Stop by my blog and say hi!
http://ravingsofamadcrafter.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Light Painting and Starlight Photography
The Retouching
Processing the Raw File
Post Production of a Landscape Photograph
Post Production of a Low Light Photography
Latest Blog Articles
I propose a toast!
Tute Tuesday: Plastic Mesh Rug
Love Your Mother

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...