A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gingerbread bonanza...warning: lots of pics!  (Read 1814 times)
Tags for this thread: pirate , video_game , vegetarian_holiday_food , gingerbread , cookie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2009 06:57:29 PM »

This year, we made a million cookies for different gatherings...my favorite was our (huge) batch of gingerbread people!  I veganized and doubled a pretty generic recipe for the cookies (added more ginger and cinnamon, but cut down on the cloves) and made icing out of powdered sugar and Meyer lemon juice, colored with liquid food coloring (though any juice would probably work).  We used little zip-top bags to pipe the icing.  We also melted some chocolate and used little sprinkles and cake decorating things leftover from the holidays.  I decorated these with my fantastic fiance, as well as three other family members.  Some of the cookies ended up more demented than others, but they were all devoured!

I love my gingerbread people:

We brought a bunch of "normal" ones to a holiday party.  That's pretty much where the normalcy ended.

I did these.  When else can my cookies wear hotpants?

This is one man that my fiance decorated; he named him after a rapper (sarcastically), but I forgot which one...so here's our gunshot gingerbread:

Another of my fiance's.  He also did a bunch of non-demented ones  Tongue

His little sister showed her artistic genius and made this Mario!!

My fiance and I made this pirate.  I messed up his eye patch but decided it wasn't worth it to wipe off all of the icing.

This is my punk rocker.  I wish we had made more of these little guys (there were only three).

These have 6-packs (which was inspired by an awesome post by our fellow craftster, thehazelwood!!  Cheesy).  They looked kind of naked with only little nipples, so we gave them speedos too.

Here's a bathing beauty to go with the speedo guys.

This is an abstract star-person:

We made a sumo wrestler and a guy with his arm in a sling:

And finally, this is the tie-dye gingerbread man that I decorated to use up some of our leftover icing!  It was SO shiny because of all of the icing.  Unfortunately, I could not get a sharper picture because by the time I realized this one was blurry, we had eaten it.  It was delicious!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 07, 2009 12:12:19 PM by bunsenhoneydew13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teresa_T
Without Cats I'm Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009 07:45:07 PM »

LOL. I love gingerbread anyway and these are very creative. Good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeonix
Crochet, Cross-stitch, Scrapbooking

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009 07:17:15 AM »

I think you should have taken the "non-normal" ones to the party! Every party needs gingerbread hotpants and speedos lol. I really love the one completely covered in frosting though, it looks delicious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009 08:57:00 AM »

I think you should have taken the "non-normal" ones to the party!

The ones in bathing suits went to a colleague of mine.  I had joked about making summery gingerbread men and she didn't understand what I meant, so I showed her.  Most of the other non-normal ones were given to the host and hostess of another party  Grin  We went with the "normal" ones just because there were going to be little kids at the actual party; our friends enjoyed them because they know that we're weirdos like that  Smiley 

And yeah, we ate some in the process.  One of our decorators actually dropped out of our assembly line because he kept eating the ones he had just decorated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thehazelwood
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009 11:11:17 AM »

I posted the 6-pack gingerbread men! Glad you liked them enough to make them yourself and i LOVE the addition of the speedo. I'm totally doing that next time haha.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009 12:09:41 PM »

I posted the 6-pack gingerbread men! Glad you liked them enough to make them yourself and i LOVE the addition of the speedo. I'm totally doing that next time haha.  Grin

Hooray!  Thanks for letting me know; I've fixed the entry to include you  Cheesy  The speedos were kind of just another excuse to get more icing on that cookie, and plus they were fun to pipe. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
myfairytalescomingtrue
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009 03:21:06 PM »

oh you all had way too much fun!  they look great...and delicious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Store - Fantastic Fabrics at Discount Prices
http://www.JeLowe.etsy.com

My Blog
http://jelowe.blogspot.com/
olive_juice
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2009 08:18:17 PM »

Oooh! I wants one! I saw the foot of the rainbow one in another picture and was *hoping* you'd show the whole thing. He's bayoooteful! I wonder if there's any difference between ginger snaps and ginger bread... Seems like there is, but darned if i could figure it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009 08:32:01 AM »

Oooh! I wants one! I saw the foot of the rainbow one in another picture and was *hoping* you'd show the whole thing. He's bayoooteful! I wonder if there's any difference between ginger snaps and ginger bread... Seems like there is, but darned if i could figure it out.

Thanks!  You should definitely make some...the nice thing about some gingerbread recipes is that there's already no need for eggs or butter (the one I used had oil, only, and you could probably replace that with fruit puree if you wanted to), so they're easy to veganize.  As far as gingersnaps and gingerbread go, I'm not much help...

The rainbow one was super.  I wish we had made more of those!!  I have to wait until next year, though, because I ended up eating quite a few of those guys  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Matt Ruby on How to Control Comedy Voice Entertaining Audiences
Matt Ruby on How a Comedian Finds Inspiration Interviewing Peers
How Success Shapes Standup Comedy Career Growth
How a Comedian Creates Meaningful Career Goals
Matt Ruby on How to Make Personal Connections in a Crowded Room
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...