A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a convertible bag like the miche?  (Read 12642 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wtpdesigns
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010 11:50:17 AM »

i actually bought a real miche bag and it works well, but not worth the cost at all! i am still trying to make one, but the money situation is hindering me a bit... but i can say (after taking apart the real shells) they use 4 metallic magnets (not the usual ones we know) per side then 4 that attach in the same place per side of each shell... and their shells are cardboard so the backs of notepads would work (same type of cardboard as in the real thing) i can answer any other questions about the real ones if needed... and i WILL post pix if i ever get to finish my bag... i at least know what i hate about the miche bag itself... it's very small and made of cardboard and plastic crap so it's very squishable and not very sturdy... also it can't be washed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've got drinks piling up on my desk and a stack of pills I haven't even opened yet!"
"We're not gonna hide who we are, ok? I mean, we date, we're straight, get used to it."
http://www.myspace.com/wtpdesigns
LittleQuack
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012 12:56:20 PM »

Diy shells for the Classic and Petite Miche bags should be fairly simple. With proper measurements all that is needed is 4 magnets, a piece of cardboard cut to size, some pretty fabric, and the ability to sew straight edges. I've also seen people buy 1 Miche shell and then make slip covers for it, this would make them easier to make(no need to find magnets or cardboard) and easier to wash I'd assume. Shells for the Demi(which is my favorite) and the Prima would be a little more complex, but the styles Miche offers are limited so I might try to come up with a pattern for them as well. I love the size and shape of my Demi and if I was able to design and make my own shells then this bag would truly be limitless.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christianmarie
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012 08:53:57 PM »

I would definitely use cardboard to stiffen the shells. Something thin that you can sew through like poster board or pieces of a cereal box. Obviously, you won't be able to throw the shells in the washing machine, but I have many bags and wallets that I've interfaced with cardboard and they spot clean just fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LittleQuack
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012 07:26:57 PM »

I drafted a pattern and made my first shell for the Demi base bag.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=406105.0

Check it out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Film Grant
White Balance Chronicles
The Secret to Smart Screenwriting
Derek Haas on What Makes Hollywood Nervous
The Importance of Creative Collaboration
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...