A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,129
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Giving swap discussion threads their own board?  (Read 751 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gavagai
« on: July 24, 2009 11:37:20 PM »

Maybe this should go on the craftster suggestions board (there is one, isn't there?), but I thought more people who would be interested would find it here. Maybe it's just me, but I find it very strange that whenever I take a look at the suggestions for new swaps board I always find several threads that are discussion threads for different swaps on the top (STS, OWS, OWYHS...). I understand that they are placed there because they shouldn't take up room on the craft swaps board, but do they really belong among the new swap suggestions? If I wanted to find a less busy swap discussion thread, I would have to look through a lot of new swap suggestion headlines. O.k. it wouldn't be a BIG problem, but still it seems a bit of an odd place to put those discussion threads, doesn't it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009 09:32:09 AM »

there just aren't enough of them to warrant their own board (imo) that's why the ongoing swaps board was merged with the swap sign ups board, because there wasn't enough of them to have their own board. just my opinion and what i've observed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
gavagai
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009 11:29:12 AM »

there just aren't enough of them to warrant their own board (imo) that's why the ongoing swaps board was merged with the swap sign ups board, because there wasn't enough of them to have their own board. just my opinion and what i've observed

Yes, I can understand that. Still it kind of bothers me. I guess it's my OCD or something.  Grin But, come to think about it, wouldn't they be better suited in the "Talk About The Swap Process" board, because they are more of swap talk than new swap ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
donniesgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009 05:40:16 PM »

There aren't that many of those that it's hard to find true new swaps, so I don't see it as a problem.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009 10:35:04 AM »

I think that the ones you're speaking of are the really large swaps with a lot of conversation about the items and the like.  I don't think that there is a better place to put them. 

If they were in the "Talk about the Swap Process" area (here), there would end up being a bunch of them as they start a new one every month.  Where would we archive the old ones?  Then this board would be cluttered up too. Cheesy

Sometimes it's hard to find places to put specific things as there aren't similar things to put them with. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make origami claws
How to Fold Origami Wizards Hat
How to Fold an Origami Balloon
How to Fold an Origami Box
How to Fold an Origami Crane Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...