A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,735
Currently Running With Scissors:
678 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: pic frame *does this go here?*  (Read 3665 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sookie74
« on: January 05, 2009 09:03:30 PM »

Not sure if this is the right forum..but I'm not sure where this belonged.

About two years ago, I came across a post (either here or on craftgrrl) that had a cool idea for a pic frame. I told my boyfriend about it and he said he'd make me one since he's a contractor and already has the tools.

***UPDATE*** I FOUND THE ORIGINAL POST. I decide to google and remembered this looking familiar. It's from some other blog that must collect from a bunch of other blogs? I dunno. But here's the link (http://www.curbly.com/alttext/posts/74-Easy-Photo-Wall-on-a-Shoe-s-string-s-wire-Budget) to the post that gave me this idea. It was a photo wall...I just decided to make a frame. I had originally bought clips with hooks but decided they would do too much damage to the photos (cuz they had sharp teeth).

He's busy...and forgetful. And two years later, he finally made me this frame! Today, we put the finishing touches on it and I finally got to hang it on my wall! I'm so excited cuz I've been patiently waiting for it and it's finally here. I know you've seen these before, but here's my boyfriend and my version of the frame. I got the cute little clothespins at Michaels crafts. My boyfriend used dye and stain on the wood. He used maple from Orcas Island for the main part of the frame and did an inlay of douglas fir. After he dyed/stained, he worked it over a few times with tongue oil. It's got a rough finish look, but is smooth to the touch and not glossy at all!

Enjoy the pics! There's a ton!!! Smiley

The wood looks better than in these pics Sad

How it looks compared to my wall size.

The wires are attached to an eyelet screw

LOVE these clothespins!

I didn't leave enough space at the top for the clothespin...but I didn't want the pics to hang over the frame at the bottom. And I wanted to be able to have both portrait and landscape shots

Also...something I finished a couple years ago but never posted....a french memo board wall!!  I did try putting pics in there as planned..but it looked way too cluttered. I like it plain. baby blue with brown ribbon/thumbtacks

x-posted to craftgrrl
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009 09:41:45 PM by sookie74 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CupcakeChelsea

Personal Swap Friendly! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009 09:12:10 PM »

Those are both wonderful! I especially love the memo board. Groovy Smiley Is the blue part just wall? Or is cushiony?? If that makes sense lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Today I woke up feeling lovely, happiness overflowin' knowin' somebody loves me."

Hi I'm Chelsea, I'd love to meet you!
sookie74
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009 09:21:26 PM »

it makes sense Smiley The blue is just the wall, no padding or anything. I wanted it to be simple to "fix" when I sell the house Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009 11:26:11 PM »

I love both of these projects - and the mini-clothes pins are too cute! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CupcakeChelsea

Personal Swap Friendly! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009 12:10:05 AM »

it makes sense Smiley The blue is just the wall, no padding or anything. I wanted it to be simple to "fix" when I sell the house Smiley

Oh thats great. What a simple little touch Smiley looks great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Today I woke up feeling lovely, happiness overflowin' knowin' somebody loves me."

Hi I'm Chelsea, I'd love to meet you!
sookie74
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009 12:11:03 AM »

thank yoU! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

raeonix
Crochet, Cross-stitch, Scrapbooking

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009 07:19:06 AM »

I've been trying to figure out what to put on the huge blank wall in my living room, and I think you just gave me the perfect idea! Thanks so much! This is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fauxfreak
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009 08:18:51 AM »

is that Joel Mchale from The Soup???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mrskimmyl
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009 09:43:57 AM »

Oh wow, I freaking love this picture frame! I have a big empty wall (the Christmas wreaths are  going to have to come down at some point...) & a frame like this will fill it perfectly! Thank you for the inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Em_britton
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009 10:38:00 AM »

i love this idea and i have this large frame lying around so i'll have to try it out. very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ONE LOVE
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Panning With High Speed Flash
Photographing Carnival Rides at Night
Off Book: Light Painting
Off Book: Technology Used for Seeing Beyond the Human Eye
How to Take Wedding Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...