A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
720 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wow! I have a lot of ______ SWAP  (Read 10614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: January 05, 2009 03:04:12 PM »

Wow I have a lot of _______ SWAP!
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Lady Llanalla
Sign-up date range: Today until January 23rd
Date to send item by: January 31st

Do you have a ton of some craft item just lying around?

Maybe everyone of your friends gave you a box of buttons for Christmas and sure you like buttons but...

Maybe you bought the giganto pack of pipecleaners two years ago and haven't used them...

Maybe you were going to make everyone candles for Christmas and then ran out of time and besides you didn't buy the wicks and now all you have is a big block of wax that you have no place to store...

Maybe you misplaced your fat quarters for this quilt you were going to make for this guy, so you bought more and then he turned out to be a jerk and what are you going to do with all of those quarters that you don't even want to look at!

Whatever the case... if you have a bunch of some crafting supply that you just want to see the back of, or want to go to a good home this is the swap for you.

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO (that's part of the point)

Age requirement? Over 13

Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES, already done

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:

No crafting involved!

You must send a package(s), (of no specified size) containing ONE prespecified type of craft supply (i.e. fabric, or yarn or stickers or ephemera) with an approximate value of 10 USD (7 pounds UK, 12 dollars Canadian... you get the idea) by January 31st.

You must post at least twice in the swap thread.

You must contact your partner(s) at least twice during the Swap.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Wow I have a lot of _________
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? YES/NO
Confirm that are at least 13 years old YES/NO
I agree to keep in touch with the organizers and my partner: YES/NO
I agree let the organizers and my partner know if I may be sending late: YES/NO
I agree to PM the organizers and my partner when I send and when I receive: YES/NO
I agree to get a delivery confirmation number or for non-US swappers to save the receipt and take a picture of it: YES/NO
I agree to post pictures of what I recieved in the swap gallery YES/NO
I will consider posting pictures of what I have made with these supplies in the gallery YES/NO
What you wish to swap:
How many partners are you interested in swapping with:
What do you most wish to receive:
What you do NOT want to receive:
Remember there are no guarantees and please err on the side of your partner getting more goodies when deciding the value of you outgoing package.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Participants Include:
Lady Llanalla - organizer
Mirthfairy - co-organizer
elociNNicole
amore
selkie
VinceNoir
tattoedcrafter
stellato_escuro
MandyLikesPie
JazzyBee
dancingqueen73
TheSapphireMoon
MelCap
edenkitty
manji
DesignVigilante
the jenya
pinupmommy
mrsdutt
Kalanit
Henny Penny
SarahJ2001
Psyche
jloveg
cuppiecakes83
meganlorraine
freestyle
CJKJ
Laural
Hollistercobabe
crafty_beader

Happy Crafting y'all
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009 10:09:49 AM by Lady Llanalla - Reason: Adding Swapper » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009 03:20:36 PM »

I'm in! I have some yarn that I'd love to trade for some fabric. My yarn collection is too big, and my fabric collection is too small!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009 03:51:36 PM »

Sounds interesting but I have questions about this comment - Remember there are no guarantees and please err on the side of your partner getting more goodies when deciding the value of you outgoing package.

Does that mean we might sign up and say we don't want yarn and yet we might get yarn?  And then regarding the second part, does that mean we are supposed to send extras along with the specified items or does it mean to be sure we send enough and not too little?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009 03:53:38 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009 04:55:51 PM »

Sounds interesting but I have questions about this comment - Remember there are no guarantees and please err on the side of your partner getting more goodies when deciding the value of you outgoing package.

Does that mean we might sign up and say we don't want yarn and yet we might get yarn?  And then regarding the second part, does that mean we are supposed to send extras along with the specified items or does it mean to be sure we send enough and not too little?

Well...what i think it means is like in the questionnaire you can say i would love fat quarters but would hate yarn, but because this is basically a destashing swap you cant be 100% sure that your partner will have fat quarters.
And the second part, yeah i think it means to send more as opposed to less. Like if you're sending...5 skeins of red heart that retail approximately $2, send an extra skein or two.

I'm contemplating this one. It sounds a lot like a swap I was thinking of starting though, so I dont know. I'll keep an eye on this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009 07:54:31 PM »

DesignVigilante is correct on both fronts. I want to match people as closely as possible with what they want, but you may end up receiving something you had not considered. I.E. I want fabric, don't want yarn or buttons, and then receive soaping supplies or femo...

Please remember there is no crafting involved in the swap, unless, and only if, you set it up with your partner, but remember there are only 8 days between close of sign ups and ship out, so not much time for crafting.

As for the value of your crafting supplies, remember to value things as used, after all they probably aren't in the pristine condition one finds things in the store. I know mine aren't. Most things have been squashed a bit, or are missing packaging, or I bought them as a job lot on ebay...

PS any one interested in Zippers... soaping herbs... ephemera, stickers or glitter? (though, come to think of it how much ephemera would one have to ship to value it at 10 bucks? Most of mine is cut out of things that would have been thrown out otherwise...) Oh well, maybe it won't be an issue. Haha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009 07:57:11 PM »

hmmm.... soaping supplies, hey?  hmmmmmm.....   Wink

So, are we sharing by posting here what we've got up for grabs to make matching us up easier? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
kaymadben
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009 09:55:51 PM »

I have gobs of this mosaic yarn http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=4042 bottom left 2 (bottle green and marble). Probably like 20-30 skeins. I'll try to post a better pic of actual yarn soon. Anyone interested in that? It's just way too hard for me to crochet with and I don't know how to knit so was gonna use it in rapunzel scarves but prob won't ever get around to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
kaymadben
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2009 09:58:53 PM »

Oh and I have a huge box of mens neck ties I probably won't ever use. And I could really use coke tabs if anyone has any. I am making a coke tab belt for my sister for her birthday (Jan. 24th) and can't drink the stupid cokes fast enough to collect what I need. Some brilliant blue nylon cording would be great too!  Grin  http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=820
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Can make dresses for your princess!

Wists: http://www.wists.com/skb
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009 06:11:51 AM »

hmmm... this sounds like a nice relaxing but fun swap.  I think I'm in.  I'll probably wait to fill out the questionnaire until tonight or tomorrow though so that I can identify exactly what all I have to offer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2009 06:36:23 AM »

I have mostly yarn to offer. I have two new skeins of nice cotton-linen yarn from KnitPicks that I just ordered too much of, and some pretty-colored new skeins of Wool-Ease (that I also got too much of Cheesy). I also have some half-balls of great cotton yarn that I got from my LYS and are leftovers from making this skirt: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=162459.msg1644220#msg1644220 Or, if my recipient would actually prefer getting cheaper yarn (like for making amis), I have plenty of that too. Um, basically, I hope my recipient likes yarn.  Smiley

« Last Edit: January 06, 2009 07:23:23 AM by MandyLikesPie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Finish an Apple and Vidalia Onion Upside Down Cake
Learn how to Bake an Apple and Vidalia Onion Upside Down Cake
Learn how to Cook with Vidalia Onion
Learn how to Grill Spicy Cajun Chicken
Learn how to Grill Smashed Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...