A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
737 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 81
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 11: the Winter Formal Gallery!  (Read 50045 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #730 on: March 20, 2009 08:13:44 AM »

I have one special koala sent to me from Cyndiq!

Kiah clamps onto things, and right now she is on my monitor holding my dongles and flash drives! Thank you Cyndiq!

SugarySweet I gave the poppet to dear sister-in-law, and she loves it! She hugged it and held it all night. She compared it to my poppet, and decided that <hers> is the better one, of course. (Gomerriffic I still like MINE better. . . ) So you did a wonderful job. She especially loves the braids you put into her hair!

THANK YOU FOR THE PERFECT POPPET!!!
              IT IS TRULY LOVED!
          YAY!!! SUGARYSWEET!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #731 on: March 20, 2009 08:36:37 AM »

I received my package from the amazing Mrs Jenicat today.
Each and every item in the package is truly loved.
Words cannot describe how incredible everything is, so I will try to show you in photos.  I will not apologize for the insane number of pics I have here  Grin

Adorable pinback buttons with trees, forest creatures and naughty words - my favorite things!

A desperately needed and adorable sewing machine cozy, shown here already in use 10 minutes after arrival!

A wonderful felt leaf brooch that will go on my hat when its chilly and my bag when its warm.

Girl with bird on her head stamp!!  I have a stamp just like this (but smaller - this one rocks!) on my wist.  Last year during the dotee swap, carrieme made me a dotee with a bird on her head and Jeni loved it and then saw the stamp on my wist it was modeled after.  She remembered!!

I took the other pieces outside to show them off better in the morning sun.

Super long finger knit lariat with felted balls and felt leaves.  So soft and pretty!

Two pairs of sterling silver earrings - one with labradorite, moonstone and garnet, the other with iolite (all of my favorite stones!!!).  The silver pendant reads "she swims against the tide". My eyes misted when I saw this.

A stunning bronze freshwater pearl and dark turquoise on copper & leather necklace.  This is SO my style.

A chunky cluster bracelet like the one she made Phizzy in the first tree swap!! I had wisted it as soon as I saw it.  I could stare at the beautiful beads for hours.  SHE MAKES HER OWN HEADPINS!!

I am making you all see THREE pics of the last item, and I still cant capture its beauty.  a ropey cluster bracelet of faceted labradorite rondelles.  I had this bracelet on my wist to show my love of labradorite, I never expected anyone to actually make such a phenomenal piece for me.  I wish I could capture the beautiful blue-green flash of the stones. There are a few wee iolite rondelles near the end clasps.

This pic shows a bit of the lovely flash.  It also looks like a weird petri dish on first glance.  Grin

Jeni, thank you so much for being such a beautiful partner, generous and talented artist, and most of all my friend.
hugs and love xxx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
oddley
« Reply #732 on: March 20, 2009 08:50:56 AM »

that fabric is awsome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #733 on: March 20, 2009 11:48:39 AM »

WOW WOW!! Jenicat you are so uber talented. Your stuff still blows me away. I love that labrodite bangle.. it is to DIE for!!! I could sit here and comment on everything, but since I'm not even in this swap I'll just say.. that is one OUTSTANDING package!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
AsphaltQueen
« Reply #734 on: March 20, 2009 12:58:56 PM »

Jenicat, those are some amazingly gorgeous bracelets. You did a wonderful job. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: March 20, 2009 01:35:14 PM »

Aw, thanks.  Smiley  I'm so glad dm liked everything.  I was going to get a lot more done (even bought supplies for several other projects) but my motivation was all but lost after a certain point... I did end up completing many of the projects after that, but I couldn't do everything I wanted to do.

BUT!  I am happy that my partner is happy, and I will finish the other stuff at a later date (maybe next round? Tongue).

The sewing machine cover looks completely shapeless because... well, it is.  Wink  I wanted to make sure it would fit whatever type of machine dm has, so I didn't want to make it too small.  I mean, it's meant to cover the machine, not sex it up.  Cheesy  I just had to remind myself of that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #736 on: March 20, 2009 01:36:18 PM »

Amazing jewelry Jenicat!!  I really love the copper and leather necklace.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: March 20, 2009 02:22:16 PM »

Wow, Jenicat!  I don't normally care much for jewelry, but I LOVE all that stuff you made for DM!  That necklace is the bees knees!  The bracelets are fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #738 on: March 20, 2009 03:15:23 PM »

Wow! Awesome jewellery Jenicat! I still adore all the jewellery you made for me. You make such beautiful things! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenicat
Where is my mind?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: March 20, 2009 03:29:22 PM »

Aw, thank you all!  I have tons and tons of beads, so it was really nice to get to use them for someone other than myself.  Smiley  I think I've gotten so used to having them all that I just let them sit and gather dust, which is a shame because I have lots of really cool stones and pearls and other neat stuff.  I'm glad they are being appreciated.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 81 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn to Draw a Penguin in 30 Seconds
Artist Uses Palms as a Canvas
Artist Paints Celebrity Faces on Peanuts
Art and The Occult
Artist Uses Smoke to Create Stunning Paintings
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...