A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 81
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP 11: the Winter Formal Gallery!  (Read 48596 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oneredboot
« Reply #530 on: March 03, 2009 10:30:34 AM »

I arrived home from out of town last night to two lovely packages, one from Alli_Lucy and the other from jungrrl.  Wow!  You both were so generous and picked up on different aspects of exactly my taste!!

OK, here's the lovely package from Alli_Lucy, which arrived wrapped in tissue paper from a vintage Simplicity pattern--brilliant!

Here's the whole package, unwrapped, including:  flower belt, laptop bag, embroidered kitchen towels, knitted washcloths, and handmade soap!

Details:  the lovely tie belt--this is my favorite shade of green!

The washcloths (amazing--I don't believe that she's a new knitter!!) and delicious-smelling soap (is this a locally-made soap, Alli??):   

Laptop bag, made of a reconned sweater (!!!), with my laptop inside:

And the lovely kitchen towels--I LOVE embroidered kitchen towels, and these are so intricate yet minimal--I love them!

Thank you so very much, Alli_Lucy!  This is a fabulous package and I'm so very pleased with it!

Now on to another gorgeous package--from jungrrl, I received:  a quilted floor mat, a fanta-bulous lunch bag, a oneredboot knitted washcloth, and a handkerchief!!

Look at this beautiful rug!  It's patchwork (and of course patchwork=love), with corduroy binding!!  jungrrl was worried about the binding, but I think it looks great--I LOVE that it's a little unexpected and very modern!!   This is already in front of the sink in the kitchen.  Smiley

The adorable red boot--words fail me, so I'll just say YAY!!

I carry a handkerchief with me at all times, and this one is a perfect addition to my collection!!  jungrrl said that she thought the red stitching around the edge looked like an EKG, so she added an embroidered heart--I love it!

And are you ready for this?  A button-up lunchbag that turns into a placemat!!  Here's the steps: 

ta da!!  I love this and can't wait to use it for lunch tomorrow!! 

jungrrl, another GREAT swap!  You are such a thoughtful and fun crafter.  Thank you!!!

Alli_Lucy and jungrrl, thank you so very much for such thoughtful gifts!!  You both must have spent some serious time with my wists!  And even though I'm a knitter, I never knit for myself, so I am particularly grateful to you both for sending me such lovely knitted goodness!!    THANK YOU!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: March 03, 2009 10:38:53 AM »

That lunch bag is awesome! I also love that laptop bag... it makes me sort of want a laptop  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #532 on: March 03, 2009 10:59:42 AM »

Wowza! I love the laptop bag, the embroidered blender on the kitchen towel, the patchwork rug (awesome color choices!) and the bag/placemat (what a cool idea!). Nice work, ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #533 on: March 03, 2009 12:31:40 PM »

I received my amazing packages from AsphaltQueen and Craft The World today.  They really are beyond words.  I have to wait until the rest of the family gets home to take pics...should be up sometime tonight or tomorrow!  Thanks you guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: March 03, 2009 12:52:50 PM »

So, as expected, knickertwist blew me away with the fairy godmother swap package she sent me. Seriously, I can't believe the "big" item. It's more like the "giant" item, or the "humongous" item.

First, though, some fun little goodies:

A little scene of "into the woods" in a tin, a takeout box of fun bits and bobs, a moleskin book with a crowned photo of me on the inside  Grin, and one of knickertwist's famous wands. You'd have to see this up close to really appreciate it; the handle is decoupaged with all sort of music and magic words. It's a crafty wand! I can't wait to use this (for good, not evil!)

And for the ginormous item, an old photo album beautifully converted into The Guild of Fairy Godmother's Album. Here's the title page:

This book is chock full of beautiful pages of stunning artwork, plus a true sense of knickertwist's amazing imagination! Here's Myrtle Harridan's page:

A page showcasing some of the slumber godmothers:

Probably my favorite page, Winnefred Wingding. She's not only the holder of the Kindred Spirit Award, she's an honorary Twinkle Twinkle member!

Another awesome page with a charming godmother:

Clipped to several of the pages are found items and envelopes of inspiration from the inspiration fairies. *sigh* It's a delightful album, and I feel so lucky to own it. It's old green cover looks so nice in my living room, so I believe it's going to live on my coffee table where I can glance through it and friends (and godmothers) can enjoy it when they come by for a visit.

Oh, and if that was all not enough, look at what knickers picked up from the thrift store for me:

Paint by number clown masterpieces!  Cheesy

Thanks so much, knickertwist, for the amazingly thoughtful swap package. I really, really love it!

P.S. For those of you longing for more, knickertwist scanned all the pages of the album and posted them on her website. You know you want to see!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
Cya
« Reply #535 on: March 03, 2009 01:08:13 PM »

Wow, I love the converted photo album! It must have been a lot of work.

Here's my package from Jloveg:

Scarf and blanket, both very soft and warm:

My daughter was so happy with the blanket!

A nice bag, very sturdy and well made. It's lined with contrasting fabric and has pockets inside:

Cute wooden necklace kits:

Thank you Jloveg, I'm very happy with my package!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #536 on: March 03, 2009 01:25:33 PM »

Wow, I can't keep up with commenting!  I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #537 on: March 03, 2009 01:32:01 PM »

There's so much awesome stuff in this swap. I can't possibly comment on it all. Such creativity! Grin

Man, I'm super nervous about my package to 1boy1girl1kitty2 now. I hope it's enough and that she likes it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
CheetahChiq78
« Reply #538 on: March 03, 2009 01:58:58 PM »

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm a bit desperate. I've been looking and looking for the instructions online to make a flower JUST LIKE the beautiful green one that Alli_Lucy made for Oneredboot. Can you PLEASE either post, PM me or point me in the correct direction instructions for that flower? THANK YOU!

And back to our regularly scheduled gallery...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength.
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #539 on: March 03, 2009 02:02:56 PM »

She has posted some lovely pictures of it over on the needlework boards that do it more justice than these (it's so dark here, because of the rain  Angry ) so please check them out to see all the amazing detail

I actually really like how your pictures show the texture of the stitching, especially the pant stripes. Also, I notice the fabric bunched a little during shipping - I left some raw edges in the back so you can just pull on them and then push the back down a bit next to where you're pulling to straighten out that bunching. Glad you like everything! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 81 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Grilled Barbecue Chicken Skewers
How to Make Rum Muffins
Sweet Potato Pie
Roasted Pepper and Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce
Arctic Char Filet with Citrus Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...