A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,402
Currently Running With Scissors:
829 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project Stitchalong 2009  (Read 33867 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« Reply #100 on: May 25, 2009 09:07:04 PM »

Lol, nice project. I can't ever seem to find the xmas stitching projects 'til it's too late to really get them done by xmas. Course... that could be 'cause I have project ADD.

Gotta buy them right after Christmas on clearance, and have all year to get them done! Or at least that's what I assume...I've never done a holiday-themed pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
panul
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2009 11:03:29 AM »

I am so glad you are doing that stocking, littlebiskit! It's going to be really cute.
I thought I would share my next big project. Some years ago I made a picture of roses on black aida for my daughter. I used a Marc Saastad pattern (from The Silver Lining) which called for 12 reds and 7 greens. It was challenging, but not beyond me. At that time I also looked through his other designs and fell in love with Lavendar Lilacs: http://www.goestores.com/catalog.aspx?storename=thesilverlining2&DeptID=209025&ItemID=9307881&detail=1
A couple of years ago I decided to buy the pattern, but since I was working on my Christmas picture then, I didn't even look at the pattern.
So I decided to do it next and opened up the envelope and nearly passed out. The pattern is ten pages long! It calls for 28 different purples, so many that you have to use both DMC and Anchor colors! And it's supposed to be done on 25 or 28 count Lugana...over one thread!
But I love this picture, so I jumped in, and here is my progress after about 7 hours work. It's only about one-and-a-half inches by one inch.

I'm doing it on 25 count Blush Lugana, since I thought the tinge of pink would set off the lilacs.
And I am so glad that some years ago I got enough Joann's gift cards for Christmas to be able to get myself an 18 watt Ott light with magnifier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2009 12:11:17 PM »

Oh my! 25 count would make my eyes bleed! The one I'm working on is 18 and I can't but work on it for a couple hours before I have to put it down for fear of my eyeballs falling out of my head, lol. And that's with my glasses! It's going to be beautiful though, the pattern doesn't look like xstitch, the colors are so well blended.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiskit

no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2009 01:01:09 PM »

LOL, I'm going to assume that's the pattern you'll be working on when we do our cross-stitch day.  (Are you jealous, all?  panul and I are setting aside a whole day to cross-stitch together.  We should all be so lucky, LOL)  I'm excited to see it in person!  

Unfortunately I've only gotten about a square inch of my Christmas cross-stitch done because I've been working on getting ready for my daughter's 2nd birthday get-together, which is tomorrow.  But after that, back to crafting!  

(Though I'm baking rainbow cupcakes literally as I type this.  So I guess that's crafting after a fashion, right?)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009 01:01:29 PM by littlebiskit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am walking 12 hours straight for my local Relay For Life event.  [a href="http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11MW?px=16690269&pg=personal&fr_id=30095"]Please support me![/a href] I'm only 40% to my goal! =0(
Mienna
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2009 01:21:39 PM »

Aww, happy b'day to the little one! And I am jealous, I wish I had someone to xstitch with! :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loora
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2009 02:03:00 AM »

Hi everyone !

I wished I had a more completed picture to post... but it's taking longer to stitch than I thought (and I said this was going to be s very, very long project !!).

My project is the following: I want to stitch an alphabet for a baby. That means 25 letters (2 letters together) in 15x15 cm squares. I design each square as I go along; I'd like to use a different stitching technique for each square. I used an old linen I took at my grand-mother's: it's in perfect condition, and very soft (yes, I'm also broke).

I started with the "S" letter. I'm French, so S is for Savon (soap). I used scraps of bath towels I had left from another project, and used a personnal version of the applique technique to stitch them in a bubble-like form. It's taken forever... now, I'm almost finished, and started stitching some more bubbles in cordonnet technique.

Well, here's the result. Please, tell me what you think, because I've worked so much on this, I can only see the work, and not the aesthetic value of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Loora
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2009 02:04:00 AM »

Oh, I can't post an image until I have ten posts... sorry ! I won't go spamming a post to get to the magic number, so I'll have to wait to have your opinions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spunkymunky
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2009 06:22:34 PM »

Oh, I can't post an image until I have ten posts... sorry ! I won't go spamming a post to get to the magic number, so I'll have to wait to have your opinions.

Loora, I had the same problem.  However, if you sign up for a free account on Flickr or any other picture hosting site you can post your pic there and just put up a link to it.  I am excited to see what you are working on, it sounds amazing.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Loora
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2009 12:21:26 AM »

Thank you SpunkyMunky, but I just reach my quota ! So much great project to comment on here !!

Here'the picture I took:

I want to put it in a child's room, so the color are light and slightly faded. I also want the embroidery to be fun to touch, with a lot of textures. This is going to be a huuuuuuge project... this letter is not finished yet, I have three more bubbles to to, fortunately, I won't be filling them with bath towel. The small yellow bubble with a blue contour is not finished either.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spunkymunky
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2009 03:03:38 PM »

Loora that looks great!  I really like the texture.  I can't wait to see another letter and what you do with it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Matching Buttons with Fabrics
How to Crochet a Bobble Stitch
How to Crochet Popcorn Stitch
Pottery Making: Learn Throwing
Pottery Making: How Does Glaze Firing Work
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...