A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Columbus area--best source of fabric?  (Read 3843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lucid501
« on: March 14, 2005 05:14:28 AM »

I just wanted to find out if anyone knows of cool stores which sell fabric. I live near Easton, and since Hobby Lobby near us closed down, as did Hancock Fabrics, all I know of is Joann (well, and Wal-Mart is rumored to have fabric, but I try not to step foot in there) Are there any smaller places around which sell fabric, especially cute/different fabric? I am a little bored with the selection at Joann....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Topolino
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005 12:11:22 PM »

The Hobby Lobby on Sawmill does. 

There's also Calico Corners on the corner of 161 and Sawmill (I've never been in there). 

Fabric Farms on Riverside.

There may be some Hancock Fabrics left in town (the one near me is now a Fresh Market).  Check the Yellow Pages under "fabric."Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005 06:02:45 PM »

I am in Reynoldsburg.... and there is still a Hancock & Hobby Lobby...it's only 15 from Easton.  Well, the way I drive, giggle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
garyn
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005 07:57:24 PM »

I work at the joanns in easton and although you don't want to step inside wal-mart, they do have some good dollar fabric sometimes. but you gotta get there on the days they get it in, it goes pretty fast. (i think friday is the day they get it.) so i would check that out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleweasel
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005 08:05:10 PM »

Sadly some of the best fabric is still only available to us via the internet....
I do often find super cute fabric at quilt stores though-calico corners sounds interesting, ill have to check it out---- and i've also heard of a place called the Glass Thimble   http://www.glassthimble.com/    ... although i've never been there myself, as I'm on the OSU campus and have no car Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy www.littleweasel.etsy.com
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005 03:34:56 AM »

Sadly some of the best fabric is still only available to us via the internet....
I do often find super cute fabric at quilt stores though-calico corners sounds interesting, ill have to check it out---- and i've also heard of a place called the Glass Thimble   http://www.glassthimble.com/    ... although i've never been there myself, as I'm on the OSU campus and have no car Cry

Thanks for the link!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HolliJ
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005 03:06:01 PM »

There's Quilttrends on Boardwalk St near the Continent in Columbus and one called Quintessence Fabrics at Spring Creek Center.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennyw
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005 04:34:30 PM »

Oooh, I was wondering about the Glass Thimble -- it's right by my house, but I've never made it inside. I'm glad to see it has lots 'o' stuff -- my boyfriend's mom is trying to make a confirmation dress for his niece and was having a difficult time finding the right fabric in Dayton. I'll point her to the Glass Thimble.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
letsread

i'm the jealous type

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005 05:48:47 PM »

glass thimble is amazing, but only if you're looking for calico cotton/quilting fabric.  they don't really have any "fashion" fabric.  my mom made me a quilt for my high school graduation and we spent HOURS going through all the rooms picking out the fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"you're ms. thinks-she's-pretty"
-one of my 3rd graders
jennyw
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005 09:46:09 AM »

Aha ... good to know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Recycled Art and Beadworks
The Art of Recycled Materials
How To Play A Augmented 7
Learn How To Trade Emini Future June 15
Creative Greeting Card Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...