A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 3 Gallery  (Read 17115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amnesia
« Reply #90 on: February 12, 2009 11:38:28 PM »

I got an awesome package (#1) from crazy4bags-- although it got hung up in customs for a bit, it was so worth the wait!  We snuck a few of the maple cookies just after I took photos (they are so good!) and I can't wait to try all the rest of the sweet stuff! So.... let's see if I can get it all...

Crazy4bags sent a cute notepad with my initial on it, cute stickers, awesome buttons that I can't wait to use, and a cute pink argyle notebook.  She sent this really cool mini photo scrapbook which looked like it took so much time... I loved seeing all her cool photos and it really had a lot of personality (so cool!)...  there were some Canadian mini-notepads and a thing that I forget the name of (I'll call it a badge holder strap -- I'm going to use it for my work badge and replace the boring one I have now - perfect because I was just telling my husband I wanted something more interesting!)  There was a really cute charm and fairy pen and lots of cool candies and cookies that I've never tried (so much fun!).. and awesome fun postcards and she had a really cool story about the candle, which was from her hometown.

I had so much fun checking everything out -- thanks so much Crazy4bags (and for putting up with my worries over customs & stuff!)  You totally rock!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazy4bags
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2009 10:39:43 AM »

I realized after Amnesia posted ... I haven't posted her package yet either! She is a GREAT swapper.  I am eagerly waiting for #2. 

Some San Francisco stuff.  I love the Alcatraz shot glass, I had to hide it when my brother in law came over. 

the rest of my loot.  Awesome bento stuff that you can't find here anywhere.  a great oragami bookmark kit, lots of cute papers, I especially love the little thank yous.  And some kitty sticky notes.  A great little monkey in some of my fav colours 

and the letter was on really neat mushroom paper.  ohh and everything was all individually wrapped in these great little strawberry envelopes I love them.

thanks again Amnesia!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2009 04:26:01 PM »

I got the sweetest package (#2) from pseudo_pix today! It's AMAZING. Everything is so perfect for me!

Everything together: a hat/scarf that matches my coat exactly with orange (my favourite colour) lining, three skeins of yarn with a gorgeous wooden crochet hook that I've already put to use, three skeins of paper yarn that is AWESOME with macrame (which I love) and a pair of fingerless mittens (which are an obsession of mine).

The mittens. (I'm wearing them now.)

The yarn. (I've already used one tonight! Lol.)

The paper yarn. I never even considered using this but it's SO funky with macrame. I'm going to use it all up very quickly, I can tell!

Oh, and a COW card which is so freaking cool!

I don't have a picture of the hat yet since I need my other half to take it and he's sleeping...I'll have to get one tomorrow.

Thanks, pseudo_pix! The whole package was perfect! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
stafishtaylz
Don't lose your dinosaur.

I have a rock, I have an iron.

« Reply #93 on: February 14, 2009 04:20:52 AM »

Wow! I didn't even know they made paper yarn!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goodtimegirl
« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2009 05:15:21 AM »

Ugh. Technology. For the longest time I thought the batteries in my digital camera needed charged, so I've been trying to find my charger. Found the charger...it's not the batteries. I finally got a new digital camera for the big V.D., so I'll post this afternoon.

Okay...pictures of my package from bookworm7155.

The coolest owl notebook. It's inspired me to write daily since I received.

An ornament, a CD of her favorite music (which I've been enjoying), and postcards of her hometown. There was also candy in the package, but of course I chowed down on that...

It was such a cool package! Her hometown seems like a really neat place.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009 12:03:04 PM by goodtimegirl - Reason: Add pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2009 05:21:27 AM »

I'm so glad you like it! The hat was sort of a last moment thing ^^real easy and fun to make (pondering making one for my self in those colors).

Where's the little wooden thingy? I would love to know what the English word for it is! Grin

Oh I've been waiting for you to get the package so I could send off the next one. Hehe. It's here all done waiting for you. I'll have to send it Monday or Tuesday then. I had a blast going down town yesterday and finding the new favorites^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
witchybelle4u2
I am the terror that flaps in the night...

"I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!"

« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2009 06:59:18 AM »

I'm so glad you like it! The hat was sort of a last moment thing ^^real easy and fun to make (pondering making one for my self in those colors).

Where's the little wooden thingy? I would love to know what the English word for it is! Grin

Oh I've been waiting for you to get the package so I could send off the next one. Hehe. It's here all done waiting for you. I'll have to send it Monday or Tuesday then. I had a blast going down town yesterday and finding the new favorites^^

Wow, I can't believe you have the next one done already! I'm still trying to figure out what to do. Lol.

Do you mean the crochet hook? It's gorgeous and I didn't have one in that size yet. Plus, I found that the decorated end is really handy for stuffing cotton into little places. Lol. Here's a good pic of it:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009 11:09:39 AM by witchybelle4u2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Careful...there are occupational hazards to being a god." (The Transcendent Pig)
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #97 on: February 14, 2009 02:24:10 PM »

Hm maybe I forgot to put something in the package? How annoying. I was sure it was in there.

It looks exactly like this:

And it's used like this:

Argh. Dammit. How annoying!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009 02:26:31 PM by pseudo_pix » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: February 14, 2009 03:19:04 PM »

I had one of those when I was a kid! I call it a knitting dolly or knitting spool. And I'd it for French knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #99 on: February 14, 2009 11:58:04 PM »

My partner, DanniSpring240, and i had an awesome valentine's double date tonight and exchanged our packages. I had so much fun AND I got spoiled! I won't be able to post pictures until monday tho. But I will post as soon as i can!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Battle: Beyoncé Vs Rihanna
Stylish Celebrity Sisters
Kate Middleton: Style Evolution
Teen Choice Red-Carpet Hits and Misses
Lana Del Rey: Steal Her Style
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...