A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make-a-Friend Round 3 Gallery  (Read 16008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linnybelle
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2009 06:05:53 PM »

I love the jellyfish!  It's all sparkly and deadly at the same time.  Smiley  The composition books are a really great idea too.  I have one from a friend that I have to send back to her, so thanks for reminding me.  Also, I really like the penguin mug.

I'm still waiting for my package to gift me with it's waiting joy.  Sadly my post office must hate me, because it hasn't gotten here yet.  Hopefully it will come and I can share it with you.  I'm also hoping that Tanquiel has access to a camera because I completely forgot to take pictures.   Shocked  It was a crazy day when I sent it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
jw
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2009 06:11:32 PM »

yay I got my package yesterday! Cheesy

all the stuff!
chopsticks which im excited to have my own!
rick rack
a pretty blue notebook
a photoalbum with pics of her /friends and adorable daughter
some meyers soap
local news paper

her favorite candy, im excited to try it! chocolate covered sunflower seeds!

local soap with a sweet lil owl on the front.

ugh that was the best pic I took.
a computer button that says oh shit and a buddah to keep with me!

thanks Dana! Its almost time for package two
AAHH!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2009 11:07:20 AM »

I received from my partner, Zuliblu, last weekend, but have not had enough time to post pics until today!

I was super excited to receive my package and here it is:

A sketch book filled with photos of my partner, her family, and local places.

Her favorites; A book on CD, Cherry Blossom scents, fabric, and felting wool. I love everything so much and can't wait to listen to the book!

Local crafted soap! I love soap  Cheesy

And local things from Sacramento and San Francisco
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Linnybelle
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2009 05:08:32 PM »

I finally can post pictures.  I didn't take very many and then my computer turned into a very expensive paperweight, so I apologize for the delay.  I hope to get some more detailed photos up later, but I figured these would work for right now until I can get my computer working again.  I spent most of the evening attempting not to kick or curse the computer.

My partner Tanquiel sent the most amazing package.  It even smelled pretty. 

Here's a picture of the group:

And a picture of the non food items:

She sent Austrialian play money (one of my favorite items in the box), an Austrialian flag cross stitch pattern, Queensland playing cards, a pretty swirly pencil,  a tea strainer, and her beautiful scrapbook.  It was too dark to get pictures of the pictures, but she sent ones of her wedding (including the dress she made), her vacation, and their puppy dog.  I'll get some more pictures tomorrow hopefully.  The pictures were all very pretty.  I love the play money and am trying to figure out how I can display it so that everyone can see it.   Smiley  I've already colored with the pencil and the cross stitch is on my "projects to try" list.

Here are the food items:

These included chocolate, two kinds, a dark and a wine chocolate.  I've tried the wine one and it is very good and I think I'll indulge in the dark chocolate in a little bit. She also sent pink salt from an inland lake in Austrailia.  There were also five kinds of tea.  A little tea sampler, peppermint, chai, creme brule, and french earl grey.  I'm excited to try them. She also sent suggestions for how to drink them, which is nice because I'm definitely a novice tea drinker. My kitty loved the envelope the package came in. Some of the mint had spilled and she was in kitty heaven for a little bit.  Wink  The tin has white meat spices in it and the package says it can be used for poultry, pork, or crocodile! I ran around the house showing everyone.  We're probably going to try it on pork or chicken.  Some how I think crocodile will be hard to find in a Upper Michigan winter.  Smiley  The little green envelope has lemon myrtle leaves in it and included a recipe for lemon custard.  She picked the leaves from a tree down her street.

This was a fabulous swap and I'm looking forward to getting more into it.  Thanks to all the moderators and Tanquiel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2009 05:17:13 PM »

Wine chocolate!! Heaven in one mouthful:)

Great packages - I love the cherry blossom fabric  too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheebz

I make clothes for imaginary people

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2009 03:50:04 PM »

Here's the package that thesweetestangel sent me (In lovely blue paper I might add)!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/henabebe/IMG_4770.jpg
Clockwise from top: Personal scrapbook of her favorite things (I can't stop touching the velvet ribbon), Extra dark chocolate bar, her favorite teas and candy (I ate the fruit leather before I could get a pic), Birthday card and pretty blue and silver choker (I received my package on my birthday, yay!), Lovely pewter peacock bookmark (how did she know I needed one?), Maps of sights around Houston and post cards of favorite art works (Next time I visit my TX relatives I'm making a special detour ot see these museums), Door key necklace (inspired by a Neil Gaiman book), Local handmade soap (smells so good!), Houston zoo shotglass, Museum of Fine Arts Houston mug (my new favorite mug), A handmade Door from Neverwhere bookmark (which I have been wearing as a necklace, lol).

Ace package!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/henabebe/IMG_4775.jpg
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013 01:24:26 PM by rackycoo - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged
i_am_138
Sew Vicious

Sew Vicious

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2009 07:19:32 PM »

Hello all!

I am like the Queen of Doom right now, I think everything that could go wrong has gone wrong, but I am finally here to post a photo or two of all the fun stuff my partner sent to me.

Her name is Sarah and she is a rad chick who lives in a community in Denver.

The Swag....

She sent two of these delivious honey tube sticks that are the most amazing things I have ever tasted and the cliff bar kids chews are super delicious and I had to buy a box off of Amazon.

stuff...
1. 2 Larabar's one Apple Pie and another in Banana Cookie
2. 2 Clif Kids Chews, they are like fruit roll ups but better
3. MIx 1, haven';t tried it yet
4. 2 honey sticks, soooooo good!
5. 2 Colorado Post Cards
6. Colorado patch
7. Selection of soaps, they smell really good and make my hands smell good too
8. Pixie Tea, it is really good!
9. She also sent me a lovely red Shawl that is super usefull and was on me while I took the photo, I wear it everywhere now!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

HarleyQuinn
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2009 11:41:21 AM »

recieved about 20 minutes ago!!! I was so excited I went out in the snow (yes, it snowed YET AGAIN here) to the mailbox without grabbing a coat... 

I'll post pictures as soon as I decide to stop being lazy... which probably wont be until The Baxter is over!!!

Hope everyone is having a good time  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michowl
Michowl Designs

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2009 01:08:54 PM »

awesome!! I'll be posting pictures tomorrow for my package.  I just got my camera in the mail today, apparently my brother had left it in California, and did not tell me Tongue  But I have it now  Grin so i'll take the pics and post them no later than tomorrow Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HarleyQuinn
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2009 09:55:06 PM »

Alright so I FINALLY found the cord to connect my camera to the computer to upload my pictures... apparently when I find one thing I lose another... (just found my camera charger, now I'm missing the adapter for my memory card and it took me a few hours to find the cord...) anyways... Here are my pictures  Cheesy

My partner is Michowl from El Paso, Texas and I learned A LOT about her and what she likes

This is everything as it came in the box, some of the stuff was wrapped in red polka spot bags, red is my favorite color and I LOVE spots (I know it's supposed to be Polka Dots but I've said spots since I was little)

This is everything unwrapped and together!!! I got lots of cool stuff  Cool
(please excuse my messy bed which I used as the background, my rat Remi was playing on the bed while I took pictures and she leaves fuzz and stuff everywhere)

This is the awesome album that was FILLED with pictures of Michowl, her family, her kitty Squid, examples of her arts and crafts, and some pretty funny photoshopped pictures as well... The album had so much in it, I think I learned more about her then i imagined I would this quickly lol

This was all the local stuff:
*A self tour guide of Downtown El Paso- I REALLY want to go see one of the theaters it mentions, it's beautiful
*An El Paso button
*An El Paso post card- it's got the alligator fountain on it that used to have live alligators in it before they made a statue of them
*And a BUNCH of Ralpheene buttons and 2 cds- Michowl is in 2 bands, this being one of them. I've already listened to the blue cd (which is FANTASTIC) and downloaded both to my Ipod!!! OH and there's a sticker as well!!!

This is 2 of her 3 favorite things:
*A cute notebook- she loves the birds on it and the color
*The Baxter- a rather funny movie that I'd never heard of until today and had to watch right after I opened it!!!

Finally, We have her last favorite thing:

A button eyed monster made by her and designed by both her and her BF Ray!!! HE'S SOOOO CUTE, I Love Him!!!

The little box in the group shot had some ChocoKitty stickers and some (I think) Scrapbook embellishments that looked like buttons... I didn't get a good enough shot of them and had to leave for work so I gave up...

Thanks for everything Michowl, I love it all and I'm excited to get started on box 2 now that I've gotten to know you better!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kirk Johnson: What Are You Reading?
Sujata Massey: What Are You Reading?
Artist Anne Truitt on Her Work
A Conversation with Christina Lauren
Jamie Ford: Sadness of Seattle Sparked Writing Career
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...