A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 304,754
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 48 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: VDAY Cookie Swap (SIGNUPS CLOSED; SENDOUTS EXTENDED FEB 9)  (Read 8042 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2009 09:02:57 PM »

pm'd you... Smiley

Right back at ya. Smiley

So are we limited to just cookies, or can we make other stuff too? Like brownies maybe? I don't think cake would ship well, but you know...

Yes, but talk it over with your partner to get the details straight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Platypus Project

A - is for Asylum. B - is for Bulldog. M - is for

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009 05:28:01 AM »

Mochaxlight and Missmuffcake, you guys are funny, yes I'd love to be paired with missmuffcake again and am not adverse to having two partners if, for some reason, you end up with an odd number at the end of sign up...unlikely...but I guess possible. Smiley 
I found my love of baking vegan hardcore with the last swap, I do have vegan friends, but I don't see them often.
Recently, we had a friend stay with us for a week or so, and she is vegan so she gave me some titles for some amazing cook books that have baked goodies in them. 
Seriously, home baked vegan goods are SO much better than purchased pre-made vegan goods some of those can be icky!  I find when you control what you put in it, the goods are delicious!! 

As a side note, Missmuffcake, I'm now cooking two vegan meals a week and we just made our first batch of seitan...I still have some practicing to do, but it came out ok...I know what I need to do differently next time!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps???!?!?  Why yes...I LOVE personal swaps!!!!

"Don't judge me monkey..."

My blog.  Come along for the ride-  http://theplatypusproject.wordpress.com/
lil_starry1
Pickle Painter.

Just add glitter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2009 08:02:48 AM »

I'd love to join but am in England and I fear shipping to the US would take forever (it always seems to).. If anyone else from the UK joins I would love to be partnered with them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinky Yarn
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2009 10:45:35 AM »

We're doing dishes and cleaning the kitchen today, if that's done by Monday then I'll join. It's a little incentive for myself. I've got my questionnaire filled out and ready to go.  Smiley

And to whoever mentioned that baking isn't really their area of talent, maybe this swap isn't for you? I'd be a little upset if I worked hard making cookies from scratch and received something that took a whole 2 minutes of thought at the grocery store. Ya know? You should use this as an excuse to refine your baking skills. Get some books from the library and make some test batches before hand.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
kitty1256
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2009 11:34:36 AM »

And to whoever mentioned that baking isn't really their area of talent, maybe this swap isn't for you? I'd be a little upset if I worked hard making cookies from scratch and received something that took a whole 2 minutes of thought at the grocery store. Ya know?

Hey YoungMom, don't worry about it.  I wouldn't mind being paired with someone who doesn't have exceptional baking skills.  The way I see it, as long as you communicate with your partner, there shouldn't be a problem/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Platypus Project

A - is for Asylum. B - is for Bulldog. M - is for

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2009 11:38:52 AM »

And to whoever mentioned that baking isn't really their area of talent, maybe this swap isn't for you? I'd be a little upset if I worked hard making cookies from scratch and received something that took a whole 2 minutes of thought at the grocery store. Ya know?

Hey YoungMom, don't worry about it.  I wouldn't mind being paired with someone who doesn't have exceptional baking skills.  The way I see it, as long as you communicate with your partner, there shouldn't be a problem/

Youngmom, I'd love for you to join this swap!!  You can come over to my house and we can bake together!!  Seriously...SO much fun. (I think she was joking about the store bought cookies..she was over my house today talking about it, ...I'd be happy to help her) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swaps???!?!?  Why yes...I LOVE personal swaps!!!!

"Don't judge me monkey..."

My blog.  Come along for the ride-  http://theplatypusproject.wordpress.com/
crafty-minou

Meow Meow Meow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2009 01:28:21 PM »

OHHH! I'd really like to do another cookie swap! I'll see how many other Canadians sign up first Smiley Maybe Oyhana would like to be my partner again  Wink
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009 01:34:50 PM by crafty-minou » THIS ROCKS   Logged

OnePinkHippo
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2009 01:40:45 PM »

YoungMom - feel free to sign up! Not everyone is a chef, and you can join regardless of your level of expertise. (Most swaps, including mine, don't require a degree in cookie making.) You do have to bake the cookies, but a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe can be just as good as anything else.  Cheesy

OHHH! I'd really like to do another cookie swap! I'll see how many other Canadians sign up first Smiley Maybe Oyhana would like to be my partner again  Wink
Oyhana and hp_nerd signed up, so if you three would be willing to do another three way, I'd set it up.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009 01:45:30 PM by mochaxlight » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinte

Bow Down Before The One You Serve

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2009 01:55:38 PM »

This swap's tempting for my first. It'd be an excellant excuse to start baking again (and to get myself another copy of my favourite cookie recipe book, having dropped the last one in a sink full of water  Undecided).

Is there anyone else from the UK signed up? I'd hate to get paired with someone in America and have my cookies arrive ten years later in the form of dust xD...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty-minou

Meow Meow Meow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2009 03:42:32 PM »

Well I will wait and see I don't want to impose on them another 3-way swap if they would rather a regular one this time  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Bean Bag
How to Create a Paper Airplane
How to Create Dangerous Looking Paper Airplanes
How to Make a Classic Dart
How to Create a Buttonhole
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...