A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,144
Currently Running With Scissors:
396 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January 2009 Birthday Swap LISTS ONLY--CLOSED  (Read 17596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2009 02:04:21 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION, THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. SOME RULES HAVE BEEN CHANGED. YES, THIS IS LONG, BUT YOU NEED TO KNOW ALL THE RULES TO JOIN. THERE WILL BE A TEST. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

Swap name: January 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: MareMare

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range:  January 4 January 31
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range: January 4 January 31   
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 13 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday craftsters list that is posted, rather than only picking the last one.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in January, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval.

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is 5. Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style. If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285562.0

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim, they may claim again after their first claim is received. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so. Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval. Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail birthday card. You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both me (MareMare) AND the chosen Craftster. At that time, please request the address for where to send it. It is your responsibility to get the address. After you make the claim you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication. It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#. It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures). If I do not receive PMs from you when you send and receive, you will be left Poor Communication in your feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

12. If you are sending late you must pm me by your send-out date. If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont pm me, you will receive poor communication feedback. It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

Please make sure to put January Bday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please pm me when you send and receive, and please reply to my pms to you in a timely manner.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap-  January 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and Address formatted for mailing:

When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Who and what do you want to send to? (if you know already)
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
Test: What happens if you do not pm me by your send-out date?
Test: Where do we keep all chit-chat?

If it is not your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- January 2009 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name and Mailing address, formatted for mailing:
Chosen craftster and item:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: January Discussion and Gallery Thread
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009 09:23:57 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009 02:04:51 PM »

Participants:

Feedback Given
Negative

Birthday Swappers
1. javastain (Jan 11) (has 3 presents coming)
2. BTStars (Jan 7) (has 3 presents coming)
3. phnxreign99 (Jan 16) (has 2 presents coming)
4. Fraugee728 (Jan 19) (has 1 presents coming)
5. eightdandelions (Jan 17) (has 1 presents coming)
6. sunspotted (Jan 11) (has 2 presents coming)
7. gleep (Jan 27) (has 3 presents coming)
8. Retro_Rose (Jan 25) (has 2 presents coming)
9. tcha345 (Jan 23) (has 3 presents coming)
10. hardyswanton01 (Jan 22) (has 1 presents coming)
11. timpani~jax (Jan 10) (has 2 presents coming)
12. cocorific (Jan 2) (has 0 presents coming) never able to post list, feedback removed
13. Lady Hope (Jan 23) (has 1 presents coming)
14. lucy van pelt (Jan 10) (has 1 presents coming)
15. crazy4bags (Jan 16) (has 1 presents coming)
16. stellato_escuro (Jan 1) (has 2 presents coming)
17. yelutci (Jan 28) (has 1 presents coming)
18. Hollistercobabe (Jan 28) (has 2 presents coming)

19. jancola (Jan 28) (has 1 presents coming)

Non-Birthday Swappers
1. MareMare
2. witchybelle4u2

SENT
RECEIVED
Sending late with communication
Getting Angel

Claims

Send by Jan 20
BTStars to Fraugee728--photo art and seam ripper
Fraugee728 to BTStars--babylegs and hand warmers

Send by Jan 21
witchybell4u2 to phnxreign99--element bags, something with the Welsh dragon and some witchy goodness
sunspotted to gleep--cat blanket or bed
gleep to phnxreign99--altered journal and stitch markers
timpani~jax to BTStars--needlebook and jewelry

Send by Jan 22
Retro_Rose to javastain--wall art and project bag
Retro_Rose to javastain--project bag
javastain to sunspotted--grocery totes
phnxreign99 to eightdandelions--crochet legwarmers
phnxreign99 to gleep--biohazard symbol something
hardyswanton01 to sunspotted--tote bag
hardyswanton01 to gleep--kitty goodness
BTStars to Retro_Rose--decorated craft boxes and stationary
eightdandelions to Retro_Rose--crochet hook roll
eightdandelions to tcha345--crochet hook roll

Send by Jan 23
Lady Hope to timpani~jax--jar of whimsies and artwork(last pm 2/11)
sunspotted to timpani~jax--crocheted scarf and flapper surprise

Send by Jan 24
Lady Hope to tcha345--collaged shoes  (last pm 2/11)
tcha345 to BTStars--granny square hat

Send by Jan 30
crazy4bags to hardyswanton01--atc supplies and extras Returned and resending 2/12
crazy4bags to tcha345--medium quilted bag and extras

Send by Jan 31
tcha345 to Lady Hope--wisty surprise

Send by Feb 2
timpani~jax to lucy van pelt--wisty surprise

Send by Feb 3
stellato_escuro to crazy4bags--art and extras
Fraugee728 to stellato_escuro--pillowcases

Send by Feb 4
yelutci to stellato_escuro--vine and flowers scarf

Send by Feb 5
Hollistercobabe to javastain--resin jewelry

Send by Feb 6
Hollistercobabe to yelutci--cute tape measure
yeltuci to Hollistercobabe--play food and rapunzel scarf
phnxreign99 to hardyswanton01--ipod cozy and wist-ish present

Send by Feb 7
javastain to Hollistercobabe--crochet goodies

Send by Feb 9
phnxreign99 to Lady Hope--pincushion/threadcatcher and surprise returned and re-sent 2/27

Send by Feb 10
yelutci to jancola--scarf

Send by Feb 13
jancola to lucy van pelt--Victorian novel inspired item

Send by Feb 17
lucy van pelt to tcha345--knitting needles
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009 04:27:11 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
BTStars
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009 10:39:28 PM »

Jeez I am up late!  Ok, so my name is Michelle and I live in a small town in California called Oceano.  We live super close to the Ocean and we can actually hear it when we lay in bed at night.  I am soon to be 23 Cheesy (I love birthdays!)  I have a beautiful 8 month old daughter and two chihuahuas, but they stay away from my craft area Wink  I am currently planning a wedding for me and my fiance.  Granted, there isn't too much to do because we are getting married in September or October of 2010.  I do find lots of things to craft for it though (can you say origami paper cranes.....a lot of them too!)  I am currently *trying* to learn how to crochet and knit.  I am also attending the Academy of Art and studying Photography.

Allergies/sensitivities!  lavender, pollen, cat hair (it's only bad if you kitty cat like rolls around on the craft and sleeps with it for a couple days Tongue.  Ok, this is VERY IMPORTANT!!  My fiance is lactose intolerant, so if you send chocolate (which by all means, please do), only send enough for one person!  If he finds a little chocolate (even though he claims not to like it) he will eat it and he will be stinky for a couple days!!

Ok, on with the wishlist Wink

Crafts:
cupcake pincushion
resin spoon pendants!
domino pendants
scrabble tile pendants
Any jewelry actuallyI dont have too much so the more the merrier! Thanks Tampani~jax!
knitting needle roll (in an awesome color combo like zebra and teal or something like that!)
crochet hook roll (in an awesome color combono grandma-y prints please!)
handwarmers like this! (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=285068.0 ) in a bright color! thanks Fraugee738!
embroidery armrest organizer like this! (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=168739.0 )
a needle book thanks Tampani~jax!
bookmarks
Babylegs for my baby Tongue Thanks Fraugee728!
Anything with skulls and/or cupcakes for my LO
cloth grocery bags w/produce bags
Any handmade bath related items (bath salts, lotion, lip balm, etc)
Anything from/inspired by my wists! Thanks tcha345!!!
Surprise!

Supplies:
Jewelry making stuff (Im just getting into it and would love like a beginners kit!  All I have are three pliers and some stretchy string!)
Dominoes!
Scrabble tiles!
Origami Paper (needed for wedding-any size or shape)
Buttons! 

Extras:
Chocolate (mmmmm.Im a complete chocoholic)
postcard from your home town
bottle caps (needed for my Save the Dates for my wedding)
Pez!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009 09:24:08 AM by BTStars » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fraugee728

I have crafting ADHD. Seriously.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009 10:47:49 AM »

Hello, all!  I'm Jess, I live in southern WI, and I turned 26 on the 19th.  I have two apparel design degrees and happen to be temping for a software giant at the moment (so very unrelated to one another).  Favorite colors:  purple and deep blue/green (teal).  Also really like cool grays.  I am a multifaceted crafter (as many of us are) and always seem to be trying new techniques or entirely new crafts.  My newest craft addiction is soapmaking - one batch down, many to go! (and is actually how I found this swap, since MareMare is the moderator of all things soapy)  My other loves are as follows (in no particular order):  knitting, crocheting, sequining/embroidery, beading, copper foil stained glass, sewing, quilting, cross stitching, and yarn dyeing.

Allergies/Sensitivities:  Sensitive to smoke.

Crafts
-Handspun yarn (approx worsted or lighter) - I've never knitted with handspun and think it would be super awesome!  I prefer cool colors and natural fiber colors, but would love anything!
-Handpainted/Hand dyed yarn
-Yummy smelling homemade soaps - preferrably something really moisturizing in a *warm* scent, like *pumpkin*, vanilla, cinnamon or amber.  I also like lavender Smiley
-soap cutting box  (like this:  http://www.brambleberry.com/molds1.html - see "5 lb. loaf cutter attachment" )  A little involved, but with the right tools it shouldn't take too much time!  It's basically a box with three sides and an end, with a cut 1" (preferred) from the end for the cutter to go into Smiley  Don't need a cutter, just the box! Smiley  I know I'm kind of reaching far with this one, but I would love Love LOVE to receive one!
-Black and white artsy photograph (8x10 approx) of nature - lakes, forests, gnarly trees or bridges.  Something...cool that only nature could've produced Smiley
Thanks BTStars!
-Bird's nest pendant, similar to this:  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10207450  using silver or sterling silver wire with either rose (pictured), purple, light blue or white "eggs" (with all 3 eggs being the same color)
-2 or 3 reusable grocery bags with flat bottoms in a fun print Smiley
-unique pincushion - either shaped like an animal or food in a colorful print (print and animal don't need to coordinate! Smiley)
-Something inspired by the Gilmore Girls.  Maybe a T shirt with one of the sayings from the episode where Kirk decides to print the town news on them?  (i.e. "Babette Ate Oatmeal")  Just one idea, it's up to you!
-*surprise* me!  I don't have a wist, but you can take a look at my other posts and etsy store an idea of my aesthetic and things I may like.

Supplies
-Amy Butler Fabric or other cool printed fabric in a similar style (heavy weight preferred, but I'd love whatever!  Continuous 1/2 yd at least - 1 yd or more would be awesome!)
-Bamboo jersy knit fabric - at least 2 yards
-CP soap FOs (warm scents, like above...or just anything you really like or others seem to really like)
-2 hanks of KnitPicks Gloss Sock Yarn in Burgundy
-A seam ripper (I always seem to break or lose them...)Thank you BTStars!
-Yarn dyeing "get started" kit.  I've worked with kool aid but would like to try something a little more hardcore!  I have pots and stirring implements...just looking for dyes and other additives needed as well as maybe some instruction or a recommendation for a good book on yarn dyeing?
-"Learn to Spin" kit.  Drop spindle and some roving?  Not actually sure exactly what you need or exactly what you do...just know it looks really cool!
-Yarn - either bamboo, bamboo blend, silk or alpaca Smiley.  Please, no tape/ribbon or novelty/boucle yarn.  Makes me want to poke my needles in my eyes.  Preferred colors can be found by handspun yarn Smiley
-size 8 bamboo DPN
-scrapbooking paper in letter sized sheets - light colors that I can print on are preferred! Smiley

Extras
-Skittles or Starburst (I like the berry flavors best, but they're all good!)
-Burt's Bees Lip Balm (original mint or pomegranate flavor)
-Anne Taintor stuff - www.annetaintor.com
-Dark blond or light brown bobby pins (yet another thing I seem to lose all of the time)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALL!

*I would be super happy to be claimed as many times as you guys want to Wink - I'm looking forward to crafting/reciprocating!*
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009 10:00:44 AM by Fraugee728 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step one:  Collect Underpants
Step two:  ? ? ?
Step three:  Profit!

http://sometimessewist.wordpress.com
eightdandelions
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009 01:11:16 PM »

My name is Samantha, and I live in Washington state.  I have one daughter, Tegan, who is 16 months old, and is the absolute pearl of my life.  I don't like extravagance, at least not the kind that looks conventional and expensive.  (I am not, however, above a $300 collection of fabric inside my coffee table...)  I am a liberal, an attached parent, an environmentalist, a lover of nonfiction and documentaries, and of course, a DIYer.  I watch the Daily Show every day, and The Office every week.  I love NPR, and absolutely love This American Life. 

I like bold colors, literary references (I was a creative nonfiction major), indie music (not the bs they tout as indie now, but actual indie music-- folksy, underproduced, quirky, intelligent music), hippie nostalgia (a la ma mere), owls, pigs, hearts, and pretty much anything that makes you look twice.  Dislikes: Lenny Kravitz, Ford Taurus, and dogma.  And ignorance.  And bacon.

Would much prefer crafts, supplies as extras only please!!!  big wishes in BOLD!

Crafts

Silk screened t shirts with things I would find funny or ironic.  Like, a play on there/their/they're.  (I'm studying to be a member of the grammar police, aka a copyeditor.)  Or a shirt that says DIYODS.  Or something else quirky, or something in French.  Again, I like bold colors and my favorites are teal and purple.

All natural bath products or soaps.  Please use only essential oils for scenting.  The three ladies in my home (my daughter, myself, and my mom) are all very sensitive.  We love lavender and gardenia.

A cute fabric covered day planner, like the one on my wists.  With enough space to write a bajillion things per day.

A custom stamp of a duckfoot, which is my shop logo.  Actually, three duck feet in a walking type maneuver would be lovely.

Handmade blush, with all natural ingredients.  I am like, really paranoid about what touches me.  Also, I'm white as white can be, so in this respect I'd prefer subtle rather than bold.  Smiley

Knitted/ crocheted leg warmers.  Doesn't matter which fiber, but I'm sensitive to rough wool.  Prefer naturals. Thanks Tammy!

A kit to get me started dyeing wool!  Maybe a skein or two of undyed wool and enough acid dyes for them, see my wists for colorways I especially like.  I have plenty of plastic gloves.  Wink

A custom merino colorway to match Heather Ross's Goldfish fabric.  I would love you.  Especially on Gaia or BFL.

A cute fabric covered or otherwise decorated gardening journal, preferably spiral, with lined pages.

Any of the projects on my wists! I may have intended at some point to make all of those things, but for the most part, they're fallin by the wayside.  wists.com/eightdandelions

Supplies:

Any of the books from my wists, well loved is fine!

A 1/8 inch hem foot that will fit a Brother machine.  Snap on.

Wool felt squares in vibrant colors to make felt food from. 

Amy Butler bag patterns.  Cut or uncut.  Especially the nappy bag, but really any.

Alexander Henry's fabric, "Love American Style".  It used to be at my local Joanns but it's sold out... and it aint comin back.

Any of Heather Ross's prints from Lightning Bugs and Other Mysteries.  I would love you forever.

Photo emulsion stuff so I can try my hand at silk screening.

Will add more in a bit!  Thanks for whoever crafts for me!!  I love handmade gifts!   Grin  And Happy Birthday everyone!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009 11:05:53 PM by eightdandelions » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gleep
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009 08:54:17 AM »

Hi! My name is Kris and I live in Massachusetts. This is the first time I've done the birthday swap, so I'm excited! I have a husband, Greg, and two cats, Aerys and Morganti. I work in a bank (yick) and co-own a wedding decorating business on the side with one of my best friends. I'm a huge sci-fi geek and love Star Wars (particularly the dark side), Star Trek, Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Battlestar Galactica, Harry Potter (Slytherin) and many many more. I read incessantly. Steampunk is also really cool. I'm a gamer, playing dungeons and dragons, Star Wars. I love movies. I'm also a huge hockey fan, my favorite teams are the New Jersey Devils (NHL) and the Springfield Falcons (AHL). Craftwise, I knit, sew, crochet, decoupage, scrapbook, polymer clay, paint wooden boxes, glass-painting, and whatever else strikes my fancy. Favorite colors: Anything bright and bold, pink, red, blue, yellow, orange. No browns or greens or earthy-toned colors. Favorite music is metal and some goth.

Allergies: Angora.
Food: I'm vegetarian (but not vegan)
Jewelry Alert: I don't have pierced ears. I also don't wear a lot of jewelry.

Crafts:
* cat-blanket or bed for the cats Thanks Sunspotted! And hardyswanton01!
* cat toys Thank you again, Sunspotted!
* little blank notebooks (I use them in place of dayplanners/PDAs)
* small bags like pencil cases
* something to encourage me to go to the gym more (and help me track my gym time)
* gloves or mittens (I'm the one who shovels snow)
* couch pillows
* curtains! (I can send you sizes and colors) We just moved and we don't have any!
* bookends (my bookshelves are overflowing)
* I'd absolutely die for a Harry Potter Slytherin sweater.
* Slytherin knee-hi socks (I don't knit socks)
* Biohazard symbols on pretty much anything, like a t-shirt (XL) or a bag or little book or something. Thanks phnxreign99!
* decorated composition notebooks (I use them for notes during gaming) themed for Star Wars or D&D (or in pretty colors)
* Cell phone cozy
* Camera cozy
* stitch markers
* wall clock (themed something sci-fi)
* decorated votives
* handspun yarn
* something to keep my crochet hooks organized (or at least all in one place)
* A surprise! Something you think I'd enjoy. I love what people come up with.

Supplies:
* scrapbooking supplies: decals, grommets, tags, photo-corners, wire
* glue dots
* xyron sticker refills (repositional and permanent)
* beginner's glass etching kit (I want to learn!)
* tea lights (if scented, vanilla, mint, cinnamon)
* votives (vanilla, mint, cinnamon)
* crochet hooks (I'm forever losing them)
* yarn (who doesn't love yarn?)
* pins
* chalk wheel for sewing
* polymer clay or supplies, particularly a roller and a cutting tool

Extras:
I collect star wars action figures (particularly the Galactic Hero chibi-style ones) and anything dark side.
energy efficient night-lights
Tea (decaf only)

Stalking:
I don't have a wist, sorry. But you can visit my blog at http://lordavon.livejournal.com/ If you are terribly ambitious (or bored), you can visit the web site for the Star Wars game I'm in at http://www.theprophecyfulfilled.org/ (My character is Ceyl)

Thank you so much for thinking of me! And happy birthday to my follow January birthday folks!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009 06:46:16 PM by gleep » THIS ROCKS   Logged
phnxreign99

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009 09:13:17 AM »

Happy Birthday, January babies!  My name is Tammy and I live in Mesa, Arizona.  I will be turning 44 on the 16th ... at least I think so (I'm starting to lose track!)  I have four children, "mostly" grown (11, 13, 17 and 22) and my daughter is gifting me with my first granddaughter in April. (I'm so EXCITED about all the baby things I can make!)  I have always been crafty, starting with crochet and sewing way back in 8th grade, but finding Craftster has really opened up new worlds.  I'm doing a little of this and a little of that and totally enjoying myself. 

I'm very eclectic in my likes ... I find it hard to think of things I DON'T like.   I prefer more subdued colors like dark greens and browns, but I really like all colors.  I'm not flashy at all - if I were 16 I would totally be goth - but I'm "over the age limit" for that sorta stuff.  I love anything home made - I appreciate the effort someone takes to make something for me.  I love trinkets and what I call my "treasures" - random things I've accumulated over the years that just sit on a shelf for me to look at ... I'm looking forward to being the gramma with a house full of crazy junk!

I am a nurse by profession -but don't take that too seriously, it's not my current passion.  I would prefer to study and teach religion (I dream of a degree in Comparative Religions so maybe when all those crazy kids leave the nest ... )

I have no allergies (unless you were planning on sending something made of penicillin!)

My Birthday Wish List:
 - An apron - any apron.  I like the cute, housewifey ones.  I've been meaning to make one for years now, but never got around to it.  I'd love to have one for all the holidays ... I just recently realized I could actually cook (as long as it's a project and not just daily dinner!).  I've become the Welsh cookie maker in the family, so something cute with the Welsh dragon would be an added bonus! Thank you, witchybelle4u2 - what could be better?! -  Something Welsh from Wales!!)
- An eyemask - I work at night and sleep in the daytime.  Anything WITHOUT the eyes/lashes sewn on (I think those are a little creepy!)
 - An altered journal  - to keep track of my swapping adventures. Any lined, blank journal would do. - Thanks gleep!!
 - Stitch markers - beaded, clay - any kind .  Although I have been crocheting a long time, I've only recently stepped out of my comfort zone and am trying things other than blankets and scarfs! - Again, thanks gleep!!
- A hook roll for crochet - any kind ... I think I have every size hook at this point.
 - Little drawstring bags in fabrics that would relate to fire, air, water, earth ... I put stones and herbs in them for various occasions.  Solids or prints (your interpretation of the elements would be awesome and inspiring!) Thank you so much, witchybelle4u2!
- Anything Wiccan/Pagan themed - love the stereotypical black hat Witch - Cerridwen is my favorite Goddess and I aspire to be the wise old crone someday!
 - Of course, anything off my wists, except the bookmarks (I'm about to get a few in the Bookmark Swap!)  And any surprise ... I really do like all kinds of things!

Supplies:
 - Fabric - can't have enough, can you?!  I'd love anyone's leftover baby fabrics, so I can make some goodies for my soon-to-be-granddaughter.
 - Anything related to polymer clay.  I haven't started yet (books would be great!) but that will be my next craft to venture into.  I got a pasta machine for Christmas ... but nothing else!
 - Any pattern books for thread crochet you have laying around (except snowflakes - I've got a ton of those) I scored 80 rolls of 10 and 3 weight thread at a yard sale for $10 and I need inspiration.
 - Random beads and jewelry stuff - just starting playing with jewelry and I love it!

Extras:
Love all kinds of candy and dark chocolate.  LOVE coffee and tea - total addict!  Any kind of bath products, herbs, stones .... I love "stuff"!

Hope everyone enjoys their birthday!!!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009 02:40:17 PM by phnxreign99 - Reason: Updated » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
sunspotted
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009 11:34:05 AM »

Happy Birthday Everybody!  What a fun swap idea!  Can't wait to make some claims.

Hi, Im Allison, a hermit from the wilds of Ontario.  I have more deer and bears visit than people, and Im okay with that.  I will be 39 on the 11th.  Thank the gods I was born on a "zero" year, otherwise I'd never know how old I was.   I have two large dogs and three cats that think they are dogs.  My primary craft these days is crochet though Im attempting to work on my sewing, embroidery and knitting skills.   However, I have the attention span of a gnat, 47 different jobs and a 24 hour day is way too short.

I love nature and animals (though I wish the 2 wolves hanging around my house thinking my dogs look particularly delicious would move on), music and books.  I like crafting for babies but would sooner chew off my own arm than have one.  I dont have a favourite colour though I do believe that yellow is best used sparingly and bright teal is a tool of the devil.  I refuse to acknowledge the existence of neons.   Every time I mention blue or green in my list, I am thinking of brighter, clearer colours as opposed to the navy, forest, khaki ones - think sky blue, apple green, leaf green, light turquoise, etc.  Im allergic to most metals and dont wear jewelry.  I don't have a sweet tooth but I'm addicted to coffee, gum and potato chips.  I never use a sentence when I can use an entire paragraph and getting a package in the mail is enough to prompt me to gleeful, dorktastically bad dancing. 

Also, I am EXCELLENT at making lists.  Smiley

Crafted Stuff (examples of most of these things can be found on my wist)

* I'd really love to learn how to spin and I've seen some awesome kits around Craftster in the past.
* Bath poufs knitted/crocheted.  White preferably please.
* Wind chimes - something silvery or coppery or wood and tinkly (as opposed to loud and clanky).
* Zippered dog bed cover 42x33. Black, white, blue, green or some combination.  Sturdy, washable fabric please, maybe denim?
* Body pillow cases in blues and greens.
* Project/swap Journal.
* I broke my magnifying compact and I still havent replaced it, and I thought someone might want to make me a decorated one??  Yes/no??   Must be magnifying, I am old and blind.
* Decorated container for storing spare change.  I would prefer something large-mouthed with a lid as opposed to the traditional "piggy bank slot". 
* Dog seat cover for my Jeep, any colour that goes with beige.  Large dogs, so sturdy fabric is necessary. 
* Fabric hair curlers.
* Dark grey mittens or gloves.
* Embroidered tea towels in fall colours.
* Tote bags, WIP bags, grocery totes, etc. -- thanks javastain and hardyswanton01

Supplies

* Black and white patterned scrapbook paper, not all the same, full sized sheets to put on my walls.
* Yarn I do not recognize the concept of too much yarn, it is impossible.  I am on a mission to make afghans/lapghans for the local nursing homes, so non-crappy acrylic (especially soft baby acrylic) is always good, though I really dont need more white.  Theres no such thing as too much cotton (especially bright colours).  In spite of my allergy, I have a list of want-to-do patterns longer than my arm that are felted, so Im ready to try wool again.  Id also love to try fancy types that I cant get here soy, bamboo, hemp, wool blends, etc.  Especially bamboo.  I have a project in mind for my mom that requires 4x80g of a bamboo yarn.  A bright or jewel tone colour would be fantastic.  I hate buying online, I always get the colour wrong.  This being said, I do not recognize novelty yarn (including the evil boucle) as actual yarn.  No need to send any of that. 
* Fabric or flat cotton sheets (double size or larger) in any black/white combo.  I need two (they don't have to match, in fact I'd prefer them not to) to make a duvet cover out of.  Used is fine as long as they aren't stained or worn out.  Unless you desperately want to make me the duvet cover.  That would work too.
* A thread/yarn cutter pendant thing with or without a long fabric "chain".  Can't wear metal or leather.
* Bright blue and bright green fabric, solids or patterns.  Its for a patchwork quilt so smallish pieces are fine. 
* Afghan patterns, especially the newer best of booklets that many yarn companies have.  The fancier, the better.
* Soy wax.  I can't seem to find any locally.
* Black paint markers.
* Tunisian crochet "kit", Id love to learn but have no hooks or directions.
* Mod Podge Starter Kit.
* Freezer Paper.

Extras

* Coffees and teas from oh-so-foreign lands (aka anywhere that isnt small town Canada).
* See above but substitute gum.
* I love interesting foods and recipes.  I live in the middle of nowhere,  I have to drive an hour to buy milk, so Id love to receive exotic ingredients.  Please dont send anything perishable, mail takes forever to get here.  Anyone able to send me green tea powder?  For baking?  I am blanking on the fancy name for it. 
* I have a weakness for food magazines.  Any new/old issues of Gourmet or Bon Apetit or Vegetarian Times or Taste of Home or pretty much anything.
* Surprise me!  I like useful things as opposed to purely decorative.  Storage ideas are particularly appreciated. 

* I have a wist.  Its growing every day!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009 07:52:44 AM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009 06:22:33 PM »

HI! I'm Jen and my birthday is Jan 11th! I love almost anything hand made! My current crafts of passion are; spinning, crocheting, knitting, and most of the glitter and glue crafts! Crafts I admire most are; resin, wire work, art, sewing stuff, revamping thrift store stuff, and crocheting and cable knitting and spinning. I would really really really love some clothes. Any craft you can do that I can wear would be sweet! I'm curvy, so I would be happy to PM you some specs! My colors are more jewel tones, so magenta, deep purple, royal blue, emerald green. I also like colors that compliment those. Browns, greys, and blacks are fine, white gets dirty Smiley. I love to recycle, so if you do a recycled craft, I'm all over it!  I love the sun and snow, and ocean/water. Thanks for reading my list!

~A crafty surprise in your favorite crafty skill!
~knit 'sleeves': make something up, I haven't really seen what I want, but I would love a completely hands free set of un-gloves, like sweater sleeves up to the elbow...
~skirt: any kind you can make!
~knit shawl/wrap
~hoodie, handpainted, or embroidered, or appliqud or bedazzled...
~some of your handspun! I love handspun! I'd like enough to make a good size shawl
~knit socks
~wall art: I don't care what it is as long as I can put a frame around it. It can be a collage-ie glue-ie thing, water color, photography, whatever!= On it's way but I'll always take more! Cheesy Thanks Retro Rose!
~graphic art/logo work
~swap journal: I'd like one with the pages set up so I can plug in name, address, ideas, items, send out date etc.
~4X4 or 8X8 knitted or crocheted squares for my afghan
~needle/hook roll
~project bag: one that I can put a ball of yarn and a small to medium WIP in and hangs off my wrist and maybe has a hole for the yarn to feed out (but one that I can get the yarn out without cutting it!)= on it's way! Woot!Thanks Retro Rose!
~headbands and hair jewels
~earrings, bracelets, necklaces: beaded, wired, poly, melted, fabric, handpainted, resin, whatever!
~beads: glass, wood, handpainted, resins, poly, sets, handmade charms, whatever!
~leg warmers (prefer dark, black, grey, brown, denim)
~laptop cozie
~waterproof sports bag for Synchronized swimming (for DD)
~barbie clothes (for DD)
~anything spiderman or transformers (for DS)
~anything with lego's (for DS OR me! Smiley )
~casset tape coin purse
~little make-up bag to fit my contacts, a small bottle of solution, and my glasses case
~knit or crochet snowflakes
~DPN's pref wood, but whatever, need them for socks, so size 1 or so I knit slow and loose!! bonus points for hand made!
~I'll add more!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009 12:49:46 AM by javastain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
Retro_Rose

I shoot people for a living. ;o)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009 07:16:57 AM »

Helloooooo Fellow January stork deliveries! Cheesy

My name is Amy, and I am from Ontario Canada. I'm a photographer by trade and by joy. I also love sewing, crochet, scrapbooking, and general creativity with whatever I have. I enjoy sunshine, swings in the park, snugging fuzzy animals, henna, travel, and volunteer work. I'll keep this bio breif, but if you are interested in seeing a swap info survey I filled out, click here to see it in my blog. Grin

Allergies - No allergies, but be advised I am a vegetarian, so no leather, bone, etc. thanks!

I tried to make my list as neat and understandable as possible. The top five with hearts are what I would dutifully dance in delight with if I were to receive! And for things that are hard to describe, I included a thumbnail of it linked to a larger version to see. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my wish list! Smiley

Edit - New to my list:
►-'Far Far Away Fund' Basically a jar, box, or whatever to hold savings for a future trip! With a coin/bill slot of course!
►-Needle book
►-Mini Measuring tape with a cozy
►-Apron that goes around the waist (see wists for length)
►-Something for my cat to use her claws on. Rough twine maybe?

►-A set of four Hashioki's! Cheesy (Chopstick cradle) Made of anything washable.

►-Travel Organizer (for passport, cards, coins, etc)

►-Sewing Machine Cozy
►-Strong library book bag (non-drawstring)
►-Bolero (Black, White, Tan, or light Olive)

►-Crochet hook rollup  -Claimed, Thanks eightdandelions!
►-White or Black Petticoat (Watch the dance scene of the original Parent Trap movie for style inspiration!)
►-Amigurumi's
      -Skunk
      -Red Fox
      -Chipmunk
      -Mouse
      -Elephant
►-Clothing with Beatles theme
►-Long circle skirt
►-Fabric Hair Curlers

►-Stamps
      -Flowers
      -Paisley
      -'Thankyou'
      -'Made with Love by Amy'
►-Stationary  -Claimed, Thanks BTStars!
►-Decorated craft storage boxes  -Claimed, Thanks BTStars!
►-8X8 or smaller painting of my kitty
►-Record Purse
►-Sewing Machine Apron
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009 08:32:42 PM by Retro_Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Salmon and Yellowtail Sashimi
How to Make a Vegetable Sushi Roll
How to Make Vegetable Korma
How to Make Vegetable Fried Rice
How to Make Thai Drunken Noodles
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...