A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: January 2009 Birthday Swap LISTS ONLY--CLOSED  (Read 17612 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009 07:29:08 AM »

Hello, I am hardyswanton01, known to everyone else in the world as Laura.  I'm from Madison, WI and I'll be turning 26 on January 22nd.  This year I have the day of my birthday and the day after off!  Yay paid vacation!

I work full time, am pre-law and live at home Sad  I am a Craftster to the max--swapping, crocheting, knitting, sewing, atcs, quilts--I've even been known to make very simple jewelry.  I also read, write, horseback ride and belly dance.

I am allergic to jasmine, magnolia, lavendar, tea tree, eucalyptus, pine, juniper, fun fur yarn and anything chenille.  My ears are also stretched to 8 ga and 2 ga, so no earrings unless you can make plugs

My wishes:

Crafted Items
Corset (this is a tall order, I'm a big girl)
Goth/vintage style dress
Anything cabled, like a wool hat or mittens
knitted socks
a reconstructed hoodie
felted slippers
jewelry---see wists for inspiration; resin pendants are also very cool!
belly dance wear--i have a pink and orange hip scarf with gold jangling coins, but anything else belly dance inspired would be cool
ipod cozy--I have the new nano

Crafty Supplies
Crochet/knit pattern books
novelty cottons
atc supplies, especially funky trims, buttons, add ons, and vintage books, magazines
learn to cable kit
soap making supplies

Other items
Starbucks paraphenalia  cheers to crazy4bags!
teas, coffee--PM for flavors
belly dance music
books/magazines: french, erotica, photography, tattoo, horses, DANCE!!!
surprise me!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009 12:00:24 PM by hardyswanton01 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

timpani~jax
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009 09:55:49 AM »

Hi! My name is Jane and my birthday is the 10th of January, I'll be 24. I live in Devon in the UK. I love to embroider and make jewellery also, papercrafts and art. I really admire knitting and crochet work as I'm not too great at either. My fav. colours are blue, green and purple. I love art deco, the twenties esp. flappers, pop and op art.

No allergies

Crafted items:

Slouch bag, large with a shoulder strap
Embroidered flapper, I seem to have a collection forming
Silk-screened t-shirt
Jewellery, I love necklaces, bracelets, brooches but no earrings as I don't have pierced ears.
ATC or other artwork, see my wist for inspiration Thank you Lady Hope!
Knitted or crocheted scarf Thanks sunspotted!
Armwarmers
Wristlet
Clutch bag with an art deco feel.
Notecards with a cat or horse theme
Jar of Whimsies Thank you Lady Hope!

Supplies:

Bright coloured buttons
Beads
Ribbon

Extras:

Postcard from your area
Magazines, US - Bust, Nylon
                AUS- Frankie

« Last Edit: January 13, 2009 01:23:05 PM by timpani~jax » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tcha345
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009 05:44:49 PM »

Hello! I'm tcha345, aka "Iffer" to my friends.  I'll be 24 on the 23rd of January.  Man I feel old! lol I love all sorts of things including but not limited to renaissance-esque  things, gambling, hockey, plants/nature and art.  My favorite artist is Van Gogh.  I have no allergies and I have a pet ferret named Waldo. Smiley I plan to knit him a red and white sweater when I get a chance! I mostly crochet and slowly getting into knitting but I'd love to try my hand at resin or anything else.

I like dinosaurs a whole lot too.

Crafted items I would like:

medium quilted purse
thanks crazy4bags!
something with my nickname on it
something "Starry, Starry Night" related
ferret bed similar to one seen here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=265602.0
collage shoes similar to these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=150098.0 - thanks ladyhope!
'melted bead art' of any sort
curtains or pillows for my new apartment
needle roll - thanks eightdandelions!
handspun or handpainted yarn
stitch markers
wist inspired items
anything else surprise me! Smiley

Craft supplies:

knitting needles
crochet/knitting books or patterns
kits for a different craft

Extras:
coffee or coffee related items thanks crazy4bags!

I really like surprises! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009 11:40:18 AM by tcha345 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009 07:38:22 AM »

Hi, I'm Kristi, and my birthday is today, January 10, and I'm (cough-cough) years-old.
I live in sunny Florida and work for a baseball team. My most favorite things are reading (history, biographies, science stuff and classic lit); cooking (Italian, Indian, Thai and vegetarian); photography; my cats (4!) and crocheting. You could say I'm an obsessive crocheter; I have at least 2, sometimes 3, projects going at all times. I love to crochet on the beach with a cup of coffee or tea at my side. Sooo relaxing! I do a lot of hand-sewing, too, and embroidery. I also crochet and knit scarves and hats for the homeless and crochet baby hats for preemies at out local hospital.

Anyway, on to my wish list:

Supplies:

Some yummy, unusual yarn, any color except yellow, red or brown. Sport weight would be awesome. I'm not picky, really.
Buttons! Any shape, size, color. I have a crazy vintage button collection that I'm always adding to.
Crochet thread, any color
Embroidery floss, any color
Vintage-y embroidery transfers, like here http://mytransfers.blogspot.com/
Any crochet books or magazines you are through with, especially Interweave Crochet

Crafted Items I would Love!:
Anything with
the Beatles
cats
flamingoes
1950s or 1940s theme
London
vintage tropical hula (South Pacific) or beach theme. I'm big on hibiscus.
Classic British literature

I love small pillows
coasters
little framed art like old postcards
small storage boxes (I really need a jewelry box)
candles
handbags
necklaces/brooches/rings/bracelets ( I don't do well with earrings, tho)
girly tank tops (large).

I could also use something cute to hang on my front door!
A jar of whimsies is good too! I adore mini teensy things!
A collar for my small Tortie, Mimi, would be nice, too. (She's a girly-girl)

My favorite colors are sea green, blue, purple, black, grey. My kitchen is done in a red and orange retro 1950s style. My bathroom is all flamingoes and beach themed.

Confused? Here's my Wist: http://www.wists.com/Thriftgoddess

I also love Victorian writers, like Dickens, Wilde, Thackeray, etc. I'm a Pyrex maniac. I dig architecture, libraries, big cities, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, film noir, Impressionistic and Pointillistic art (think Monet and Seurat), Miami Beach (art deco, yay!), and Japanese dining utensils (chopsticks or a bento box would be all kinds of awesome!). My other favorite bands besides the Beatles are XTC, the Smiths, Depeche Mode, Queen, David Bowie, the Rolling Stones.

Extras:
tea thanx timpanijax!
lip balm (not wintergreen)
soap
vegan candy

That's about all I can think of. Happy Birthday fellow Januarians!  Cheesy

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009 05:16:53 AM by lucy van pelt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Hope
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2009 07:16:21 AM »

Hi!
My name is Stefani. I am going to be 22 on the 23rd. I work in a teen drop-in center counseling teens and animating activites. I love love love the music from the 60s and 70, with the beatles and Janice Joplin being some of my faves. I love the messages in old music and would love to have stuff inspired by old music for my new apartment. (I am moving in with my boyfriend after 2 years of being together!)
I love videogames on the xbox360 or wii. (halo 3, gears of war, beautiful katamari, animal crossing) I also love old snes games like super mario or sonic.
I love hockey, with the montreal canadiens being my all-time fave nhl team.
I love do all sorts of crafts, but my favourite is recycling "trash" into artwork.

Now onto my list:

Crafts I would LOVE to receive!
-   Anything inspired by old music that I can use to decorate my new apartment. I love the Beatles(my all time fave), Janis Joplin, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie just to name a few.
-   A beatles dress! Any kind of bealtes inspired dress would be awesome!
-   Hooded scarf
-   Long Arm warmers with thumb hole, I prefer black, brown, or gray
-   Surprise me! I have a huge wist so anything from it or inspired by it would be super! www.wists.com/ladyhope
-   A wrist rest for putting in front of my laptop. I like this one as an example: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=17363893 My laptop is 15 inches wide. I wouldnt need the one for the mouse.
-   Anything  inspired by bleach (anime), halo 3, or the montreal canadiens(nhl team). Wall hangings would be great.
-   homemade soap I love vanilla or citrus scents the most.
-   pin cushion - Thanks phnxreign99!
-   thread catcher- Thanks phnxreign99!
-   fabric hair curlers
-   any decorated containers of any sortpretty jars, boxes, cans, bottles, anything!

Craft supplies:
-   Odds and ends: I mean like ribbon, embellishments, googly eyes anything random Smiley
-   Freezer paper
-   Craft books/magazines
-   Magazine clippings
-   Fabric-of any kind!
-      corks or bottle caps(from beer bottles)

Extras:
-   Stickers!(i'm like a child...i have a huge collection)
-   Chocolate! (yummmmmy)
-   Postcards!

Thank you sooo much in advance!!
Happy b-day to you all!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009 03:04:07 PM by Lady Hope » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster Friends,
Three years ago, I was much younger and dumber and I flaked on a few swaps. I am back and I promise to make it up to everyone I hurt. I had been flaked on a couple of times, and I know how cra**y it feels. I am really sorry.
Stefani
crazy4bags
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2009 08:38:42 AM »

Hello fellow craftsters.  My name is Dawn and I'm in Kingston Ontario Canada.  My birthday is Jan 16th (tomorrow).  I am a barista as Starbucks and yes I know they are evil and are taking over the world but they offer great benefits ;P, and free coffee, so now I am hooked and can't leave. 

It's hard to find things I don't like! I am very eclectic.  I like amy butler fabrics, and similar fabrics with the same use of colour and large prints.  I have tattoos and love anything with tattoo inspired prints or artwork.  I like cherries, butterflies, ladybugs, girly skulls and anything pink.  I'm a really girly girl.  As far as crafting goes, I sew, crochet and have recently found a love of polymer clay.I would love to learn soap making as well.  Happy birthday to all of the January babies!

WISHES:

Crafted:

fingerless gloves, well a little longer ... more like sleeves. (I have to craft in a COLD basement)
apron- like a 50's housewife style
resin pendant in a bright colour (Pink's my fav)
small ish pieces of art for my home.  any style in chocolates, reds,& blues
knit socks or slippers any colour
mittens and matching hat in white and/or burgandy ( I'm in Canada, temp today with windchil -35C)
stenciled or screen print t's funny or "geeky" or twilight related
homemade soaps
homemade lip balm
pill box/weekly one, I can only find yucky plastic ones Sad

Supplies:

polymer clay techniques book
soap making starter kit and books
storage boxes any combo to fit in 13x13x13 opening
fabric ( I make a lot of custom handbags so even smaller pieces are great)
purse supplies: d rings, handles, magnetic snaps etc ...
freezer paper ( can't seem to find any anywhere)

Other
medicated lip balm ( again I live in canada, winter is really hard on my lips)
make up (I'm a bit of a fiend) I love rimmell and QUO.  and if your feeling generous MAC and Clinique
diabetic friendly recipes.

Thanks in advance to everyone!!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009 12:27:46 PM »

My name is Katherine, I am 25.  I live about 20 miles out of Billings, Montana with my husband and dog. I have a blog that talks about me, but I need to update it. Despite what it says, my hair is now short and I don't need a sewing bag or mixed paper journal. Maybe I should update that today....

And I do love to answer questions, so don't be afraid to ask. Anyway, here is my wishlist.

Crafts:
- Cotton dinner napkins. I do prefer floral, animals or just patterns. But no plaid please!  However, I don't need to have them matching, so feel free to use whatever fun fabrics you have. I do love variety.

- Oilcloth lunch bag. Something big enough the fit leftovers, fruit, yogurt, utensils and a small kleen kanteen (which I am going to buy soon hopefully).

- Letterbox. I need a place to put and sort my mail. It doesn't have to be huge and complicated, 2 compartments would be enough. As long as it is sturdy, and has a small footprint. My personal faves are the old toast caddies with the cute handles.

- Pillowcases. I have really thick pillows, and lots of them. I don't care about pattern, but I do care about color. As long as they are blue, brown, green or anywhere between white and cream. Same as the napkins, patterns are great, but no plaid. Thank you Fraugee728!

- Jewelry holder. I am currently cramming my daily selection of jewelry into a small soap box on my vanity. There are a few different storage solutions I would love. A traditional divided wooden jewel box, a hanging shadowbox with hooks and a ledge, or the ever popular tree branch. These ideas and a few more are on my wists. Really anything that would hold a lot of necklaces and a bit of everything else would be very, very, very appreciated.

- Almost anything off my wists. I do have some purses wisted, but I don't want any right now. I am making my own purses, those are just there for ideas. Thank you Thank you yelutci!

- Disclaimer: I am not pregnant right now. However, we have talked about it and are trying. I am big on planning and budgeting, and the cost of a kid is enough to give me an ulcer. Yes, I know I will make it work. However, to make me feel better, I am gathering up little stuff now. So, here are a few babyish things I would love to get. Gender neutral and easy to wash, obviously.
   - Booties.
   - Bibs.
   - Hooded towels.
   - Boppy covers.

Supplies:
- Zippers of every kind and size. I am working on purses and pouches.
- Flannel, minky or terrycloth of any color or size.
- Fabric paints. I am more interested ni teh ones for stamping on cloths then the bottle ones, but I will take either.
- Heavy duty magnets. I have some poker chips that want to be reincarnated.
- Shrinky dinks.
- Any Amy Butler sewing book, but especially her baby one. I have never read them, but I always hear great things and wanted to give them a whirl.

Extras:- I will always take tea, chai and cocoa of any kind.
- Normally I love candy, but thanks the the holidays, I am overstocked, so no sweets please!
- I do love dried fruit.
- I cook a lot, so if you have any cool spices you want to share, I love to experiment.
- I am not big on knick knacks in general. I have finally hit the point in my life where I love pretty, practical things. There are a few impractical things on my wists, but count those as exceptions to the rule.
- I collect stamps and postcards. Even old postcards that have writing all over them. In fact, that's almost better.
- I also collect ATCs.

Thank you in advacne and happy birthday everyone!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009 09:23:04 AM by stellato_escuro » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
yelutci

Gus, don't be a giant snapping turtle.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009 08:20:11 AM »

Hello & Happy Birthday. My name is Kimberly, I'm in California, my Birthday is January 28th and I'll be 39. I'm a full time homeschooling mom to 3 cool kids. I enjoy knitting, crochet, paper crafting and I dabble in lots of other crafts, some more successfully than others. I love the ocean, reading and watching Sci-fi, and nature walks. I love cool colors aqua, green, purple, etc..

I have no allergies.
Here are my wists for inspiration:http://www.wists.com/molimo

My Wish Lists
Crafted items:
 Homemade soap, I love lavender & rosemary but anything would be nice
 Scrabble tile bracelet, pendant or earrings
 Hand-dyed or Hand-spun yarn
 A smallish covered or crafted journal-to fit in my project bag
 A set of notecards & envelopes
 Resin knitting needles-any size
 Fabric tote bag for projects or shopping
 Poppet or other doll/creature
 An ocean creature stuffie (sewn,knit,crocheted)
 needle or hook roll
 pincushion
 Anything from or similar to my wists
 Fabric, knit or crocheted headbands

Supplies:
 I just learned how to knit socks so I'd love some sock yarn or patterns.
 cotton yarn of any color
 buttons especially old/vintage ones
 A cute little tape measure
Thank you Vee!
Extras:
 Tea, any are great but I especially like chai, gum- not cinnamon
Thank you & Happy Birthday!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009 08:26:30 AM by yelutci » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've heard it both ways.

I'm looking to swap some knit &/or crocheted crafts for handmade CP/HP soap.
Hollistercobabe
I'm one crazy broad!

Who needs to be good when you can date a boy scout

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2009 05:18:30 PM »

HI I'm Hollistercobabe also known as Vee. I'll be 24 on the 28th!!!!! I live in Arlington, TX with my BF Andrew, our roommate Hiram and our 2 dogs. Riley is a male pomchi and Mika is a female long haired chi. I love to crochet, play with resin, do some soap work and some basic sewing. I pretty much live on craftsters. I collect weird earrings and track jackets.

My Wists: http://wists.com/hollistercobabe

Blue items are thing I wouldn't mind more than one person claiming.

Crafted Items:
Calorimetry
Crochet Items for play Kitchen
Knit Items for play Kitchen
Felt Items for play Kitchen

Crochet Food-Thanks Yelutci
Knit Food
Felt Food

Crochet/ Knit Legwarmers
Cool or Funky Shirts in a Woman's Large Check my Wists for ideas
Unusual Earrings
Weird Yarn
Knit Scarf and Hat set
Handspun Yarn
Geeky Laptop Bag for Lenovo T400 with a little extra room for accessories
Unusual design  Large purse
Bella Mittens
Guitar Strap with Amortem! written on it in Night of the living dead font
Rapunzel ScarfThanks Yelutci!
I have a weakness for knee socks

Supplies:
Anything for Amigurumis
Yarn
Tape Measures in weird colors
Amigurumi crochet
books especially Japanese ones here are the ones I have
http://flickr.com/photos/hollistercobabe/sets/72157607218334644/

Extras:
Anything weird.
Anything fun for the puppies or the bf.

puppies love squeaky toys and treats
Bf is a WoW fanatic
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009 09:14:08 AM by Hollistercobabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LET'S MAKE A DEAL
Looking to trade, if i do something you like let me know.

My Greatest Craft-Baby Boy Hollister arrived March 22,2010

Etsy http://sterlingstryker.etsy.com
jancola
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2009 12:28:07 AM »

Hi all, I'm Jessica.  I'm turning 28 on January 28th (whoa).  I live in an apartment in Los Angeles with my husband and two cats.   I work in the film industry and am proudly a huge nerd.  I like comics, science fiction, and all sorts of scripted television, everything from Mad Men to BSG.  I first learned to sew so that I could cosplay at Comic Con.  I also really like to cook, as long as its vegetables... I'm a (not very strict) vegetarian. 

I'm in the process of redecorating my living room/ dining area, so I'd like some cute things for it.  The colors are navy blue, country blue, and apple green.  I live in an apartment, though, so I try to avoid things that have no purpose - I don't have that much space.

Craft's I'd like:
-A warm, attractive throw blanket.  Fleece, knit, crochet, or whatever.
-Set of 4 place mats, for my dinner table.
-A cozy for my Klean Kantene.  It's a metal water bottle and while eco-friendly, it gets very warm/cold when full.
-Painted pots for plants, like terra cotta medium sized pots.
-Scarves... but I live in California, so just the pretty girly kind, not the warm kind.
-A lunch bag, big enough to carry a gladware container.
-A guitar strap with some geeky appeal
-A pin cushion bracelet, also bonus points for geeky appeal
-Anything Buffy inspired
-Funny cross stitches, I especially like pixel-y cross stitches
-A small container that can hold about $20 of quarters, for laundry.

Supplies I'd like:
-Fabric
-Buttons
-Yarn
-Lace
-Ball fringe
-A measuring tape (I accidentally cut mine)
-Freezer paper (never been able to find this either)
-There's really no craft item I don't want.

Extras:
-Amusing kitsch
-Music
-Vegetarian recipes
-Surprise me Smiley

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009 08:27:25 AM by jancola » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Integrate with Other Programs in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Understanding Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Sort and Organize Photos in Adobe Bridge
How to Automate the Workflow in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Special Effects in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...