A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Holiday Handmade Crusade :: (INACTIVE - Search for the 2010 thread)  (Read 68246 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lrschic
« Reply #740 on: August 23, 2009 03:08:31 PM »

Yay! With WIP as this month's theme, I actually have something to post!

Actually, one of the things is finished, and that is this pink hot pad for my Mom. I made this by wrapping fabric strips around laundry line rope and hand stitching it in a circular shape. It's the same method for making baskets that is popular now, but my fingers are so sore, I wouldn't recommend hand sewing!

The hot pad is to protect the dining room table from hot pans at dinnertime.

I also have a work in progress-- Christmas cards! I got the idea from Sara of the Small Object. She did thumbprint portrait cards for last year's Holiday issue of Bust Magazine. Her's were so cute! I made mine of myself, my boyfriend, and his cat, but I'm not exactly thrilled with the outcome. Currently I'm trying to decide if I should continue making them or not.

It's definitely a lot of work to cut and glue all of those little pieces!

I do love the idea that his face is his actual thumbprint and mine is my thumbprint!

Good luck to everyone else on their gifts this month. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009 03:10:33 PM by Lrschic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
karin_

Swedish craftster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #741 on: August 23, 2009 09:47:46 PM »

I LOVE those thumb print cards! Such a great idea, do continue!

And oneredboot, way to go with the recycling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog
My wist
would love to do a personal swap/atc swap! pm me Smiley
malgudi

a puppy is but a dog, + high spirits - commonsense

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 25, 2009 03:54:08 PM »

Lrschic, cute pad! Your thumb print cards are adorable!!
I love them too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imafundork
« Reply #743 on: August 26, 2009 02:11:25 PM »

I love those thumb print cards!  Smiley

And I actually have some things to contribute this month!  Three WIPs and one finished set.  Grin

WIP #1: Rainbow Quilt for my nephew.  I started this before he was born and never finished it.  He was born on April 27, so I figured Christmas is the next best time to give it to him.  I have the back done as well.  I just need to put them together, bind it and do the actual quilting.  It is very wrinkly in this picture and draped over my couch, but it is actually pieced together straight and neatly.  Wink

WIP#2: Mosaic Tiled Flower Pot for my SIL.  I tiled it last week and need to grout it still.  I am going to use white grout on it.

WIP#3: Mosaic Tiled Birdhouse for my sister and BIL.  I tiled the roof at the same time as the flower pot.  I am going to use black grout on this one and stain the rest of the house. I also have a plant stand that I am going to tile and stain to match.

Finished Items:  Two knit washcloths and a knit soap holder for my grandma.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
ostera15
« Reply #744 on: August 28, 2009 12:17:54 AM »

After just spending quality time reading all these posts I have come to the conclusion that I am even more behind on my Christmas crafting then I though I was! So, I'm joining up! Tomorrow I going to go get the supplies I need to finish up my WIP, so I may even get that done this weekend (thanks for the inspiration all)! Waiting on the fabric a friend is sending me for my other major project, so as long as my motivation doesn't disapear I should still be able to get my gifts done in time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
malgudi

a puppy is but a dog, + high spirits - commonsense

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 28, 2009 03:17:18 AM »

imafundork, you projects are adorable! The baby quilt is so cute and colorful Smiley
I like the color you chose for the kinitting presents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #746 on: August 28, 2009 08:00:24 AM »

Ah, finally a theme that I can relate to!  I 'started' crafting in May for Christmas and this is about as far as I have gotten.  One lonely mitten.  Not even finished yet.  Although I am a bit further along since taking this picture.  I am currently working on the thumb and then have the finger flap to work on.

I was hoping to finish a pair of these for several family members and friends.  Like 7 or so pairs...  um.... I think I will be ecstatic if I ever finish this pair.  I am swearing off swaps until I finish up some Christmas stuff. 

Hopefully 2010 will be more productive for me.   Undecided 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Ashling
« Reply #747 on: August 28, 2009 11:22:04 AM »

My entry: A half finished wallet!  If I finish this it will be for my FIL, who works in wine, hence the grapes.  Seriously, I have no excuse for not being done with this.  Apparently I have more important things to do, like hit "refresh" on my e-mail, organize my sock drawer, or check out manga from the library!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ostera15
« Reply #748 on: August 28, 2009 05:30:36 PM »

Here is my work in progress:

It's from two throw pillow sized patterns that  I've had for years. I'm hoping it will be a tote bag for my niece when I'm done, but since the sewing machine and I are getting reacquainted, we'll see how it turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/ostera15/
Save  the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate  !!!!
christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #749 on: August 29, 2009 09:30:19 AM »

I finally have pictures of my WIPs to share...

I really want an advent calendar to use every year, but I haven't been able to find one I like (or even a pattern I like), so I've been working on designing my own pattern.  Here's what I have so far:

It'll probably end up being made of fabric scraps...sort of applique quilting...  It'd be nice out of felt, but I don't want to spend the money for felt.

This is the recipe box I got on clearance that I want to fill up for my brother.  His girlfriend moved out and took all his recipes (including the highly coveted ones my grandma passed down!).

Two of my cousins have all boys -- three each!  Last year I made them crayon rolls and they were a big hit. This year I thought that instead of making a gift for each of them, I'd make something that is appropriate for a range of ages....one for each family.  I'm making medieval canopies based on this tutorial. I have the hula hoops and muslin, but I need to get some felt for the tops. (By-the-yard felt is on sale at JoAnn's this week!)

I want to give my mom four salt dough plaques to hang on the walls of her new house.  I'm making each with a tree depicting the four seasons.  So far I have all four circle bases done and two of the trees: winter and summer.  Spring and fall seem to be much more complex (blossoms, fruit, fallen leaves, etc.) so I haven't gotten around to them yet.  They're each a little smaller than my outspread hand.

And I'm *still* working on the play mat for my nephew (I actually have two cut out, so I'll probably do the second one for my own as-yet-unborn son).  I swear I'll finish it before Christmas!  I think I got a bit discouraged working on it 'cause I ran out of thread several times already (satin stitch takes a lot of thread!)  There's actually quite a bit more done than in this picture...I just haven't gotten around to taking a new picture yet.

I've been sewing my daughter's fall wardrobe so I won't have to worry about it once the baby comes. I'm nearly finished, and then I'll get back to Christmas crafting in earnest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rule the Page for Calligraphy
How to Warm Up for Calligraphy
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - C, O, E
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - I, L, J, R, F, T
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - P, B, K
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...