A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,089
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Holiday Handmade Crusade :: (INACTIVE - Search for the 2010 thread)  (Read 70320 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gumbowumbo
« Reply #640 on: June 22, 2009 02:53:27 PM »

Depending on when my supplies get in, I'm jumping on this train of Christmas goodness!  I think Chirstmas all year long, and my sister and I have just purchased 1 pound of vanilla beans for Chirstmas fun.  We are going a bit differently, and taking an assembly line approach to many people's Christmas gifts.  I will let you know how this works out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theatre education is less about acting and more about crafting.  I design and build sets, costumes, lighting plots, theatrical cosmetics, and I LOVE dying, aging, and distressing anything!
Lysine

Rockin' the Scissors and Paper

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 22, 2009 04:35:39 PM »

I just started crocheting a shawl that will become a gift for one of several people... I just have to decide who to give it to, but for now I can finish crocheting it! I'm pleased with it so far - I'm doing a sort of improvised pattern with lots of big loops, and I'm using kind of chunky, coppery-orange chenille so it's really sooooft. I kind of want to keep it for myself because it's so snuggly, but then I would have practically no holiday gifts ready with just six months to go. xD I'll just have to make one for myself once I'm caught up on gift-making!

... which will probably be sometime in 2012, considering that I have already missed making gifts for 3 important birthdays this year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ... Ravelry | Wist

Currently Working On: amigurumi, ascot tie collection
oneredboot
« Reply #642 on: June 23, 2009 02:38:02 PM »

...my sister and I have just purchased 1 pound of vanilla beans for Chirstmas fun...

what are y'all going to do with vanilla beans??  i'm so curious!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gumbowumbo
« Reply #643 on: June 23, 2009 04:02:54 PM »

We are making vanilla themed baskets (extract, sugar, almonds, coffee, etc.)!  I crafted a little guy today as a Christmas present for my cousin's baby (while we wait for our vanilla), so here he is, my first time putting one of these guys together:

Other Views:

I almost want to keep him!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Theatre education is less about acting and more about crafting.  I design and build sets, costumes, lighting plots, theatrical cosmetics, and I LOVE dying, aging, and distressing anything!
neverseenblue
« Reply #644 on: June 24, 2009 05:43:48 AM »

Aw, your little guy is really cute gumbowumbo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #645 on: June 24, 2009 09:47:07 AM »

What a yummy critter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 24, 2009 10:23:58 AM »

i already asked this but no one answered me...is it too late to join this craft a long or do you need to join at the beginning of the year?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: June 24, 2009 11:23:32 AM »

i already asked this but no one answered me...is it too late to join this craft a long or do you need to join at the beginning of the year?

Oh no it's not too late, you can join in any time! The main thing is to get inspired to craft throughout the year so you're not slammed the last month or so before Christmas! Welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 24, 2009 01:57:13 PM »

thanks! so you just make something for the theme each month and post it in this thread right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #649 on: June 24, 2009 03:19:51 PM »

thanks! so you just make something for the theme each month and post it in this thread right?

Yep. If you don't already have something you *know* you want to make, you can find your inspiration from the monthly theme. But if you already have projects in mind, you can post 'em here and those'll count for the monthly drawing too...and inspire the rest of us! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Volume and Bounce to Hair
Bespoke Labs T3 Tourmaline Featherweight Dryer Review
FHI Heat Technique Ceramic Ion Styling Iron Review
Karmin G3 Salon Pro Hair Straightener Review
How to Create Volume with a Round Brush and Blow Dryer
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...