A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Holiday Handmade Crusade :: (INACTIVE - Search for the 2010 thread)  (Read 68434 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #610 on: May 28, 2009 07:40:09 AM »

My crafting was slowed down for a couple of months while I had morning sickness, but I'm back in the swing of things now! And crafting like a madwoman to get things done before I find out if the baby's a boy or a girl ('cause THEN I'll be crafting baby things, I just know it!)  My personal theme for the month of May has been to get done things that I started, but haven't finished. So far so good! Gotta get some pictures as soon as the sun comes out (it's supposed to be out today!)

The sun finally did come out, so here are the pictures!

Walker bag for my grandmother-in-law.

Two tiny knitted ornaments from a "One Skein Wonder" book I got at the library

Apron for my humminbird-loving grandma -- probably for use when crafting, rather than cooking

Close-up of the hummer...  Freezer paper stencil outlined with fabric Sharpie! (The image was pilfered from the web).

I made the apron from old jeans my dad gave me and made the yellow bias tape from a scrap of calico. I should have made it a bit wider for the denim, but it worked out okay in the end.

Happy holiday crafting, everyone! :-)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009 07:38:15 PM by christephi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
GumInMyHair
« Reply #611 on: May 29, 2009 07:08:26 PM »

christephi, I like that your walker bag is bright and happy. Not geriatric looking at all   Grin Your grandma must be "cool".

I also LOVE that apron....the shape, the recycled denim, and the scrap of calico. Nice stencil too. It's all good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lrschic
« Reply #612 on: May 30, 2009 11:55:14 AM »

Cool stuff Christephi.  Cheesy

So, I didn't finish any presents, but I thought I'd share pics of one in progress. I am going to try really hard to make a big quilt for my Mom's Christmas present. I chose to use purples and yellows because they're pretty together.  Grin
So here are some blocks that I've finished. Just 3.

The pictures aren't great, but you get the idea. This will only be my second quilt, and the first one was only baby sized. Wish me luck!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
qazicat
Qazicat

Just not enough hours in the day to do craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: May 30, 2009 03:09:53 PM »

Christephi,

I really love the apron.  Did you use a pattern or did you design it yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Qazicat Designhttp://www.netspeed.com.au/qazicat/

My Wists - http://www.wists.com/qazicat

I am willing to do personal swaps for ATCs
GumInMyHair
« Reply #614 on: May 31, 2009 04:35:07 AM »

Lrschic, your quilt is going to be so pretty. Those will be great colors to receive during the cold, dark December days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christephi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: May 31, 2009 03:42:11 PM »

Christephi,

I really love the apron.  Did you use a pattern or did you design it yourself.

I used this free pattern for the apron: http://www.susanbranch.com/shopping/shop5-07/pattern.cfm (Just scroll down a little and look for "Scalloped Apron"...it's a pdf download).

My grandma and grandpa have a berry farm, so Grandma'll probably end up wearing it in the Shop or when she paints gourds/pumpkins or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cosmo_mouse

Dexter - My best creation

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 31, 2009 03:54:08 PM »

Thanks for the pattern link Christephi, the apron is awesome I may have to have a go myself.

I'm just about sneaking in under the wire with these Smiley I've made them for my mum and hubby's mum. Not sure who's getting which colour but I link them both. The Rapunzel scarfs are lots of fun and I enjoyed getting so many different types of wool and other things (I've use decorative parcle tie on the blue one it was sliver thread with little white pom poms).

I thin kI'll be making a few more for the other ladies on my list Smiley

A bit closer up
THIS ROCKS   Logged
oneredboot
« Reply #617 on: May 31, 2009 04:02:31 PM »

This month's socks!

For my dad--I love the tweediness of these:

Alpaca silk sock for my mom, one more to go:

And I think I may have forgotten to post these socks, for my aunt with rather large feet--I finished them last month (or the month before?):
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loulabear
« Reply #618 on: May 31, 2009 07:05:38 PM »

So no huge projects for me, but I did manage to make a few gifts and then something that I'd been planning on making last month but didn't get a chance to.

First, I made some gift deco bows out of recycled magazines -- something I was planning for last month, but just didn't happen.  These aren't really gifts per-say but they will make the season more special...I have grandiose plans to make as much of my gift wrapping out of reused materials as I can, so these are a start.  Here they are!

I also have been on a huge rubber stamp buying kick lately, a newer obsession for me.  So I decided to try making just some simple notecard/stationary sets.  The first one is for my Girlfriend's little brother (he drives a Prius and is obsessed with it...)

Not a great picture, I know -- but those are silver prius stamps!  And the envelopes have a prius on the back and underneath it it says "tree hugger".  They really look much better in real life.

I also made another card set that is just a general extra gift for just someone, who knows who:

Trees!  Environments!  Yay!

Okay, that is all -- I also am just barely making it in, but I made it!  So excited for June!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
christephi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #619 on: May 31, 2009 08:13:24 PM »

Ooo...love the bows loulabear! I remember bookmarking the tutorial for those sometime last year, but I'd forgotten about it....  Thanks for the reminder! I bet I can get some of those made before Christmas! (Might have to beg for some used magazines though...we don't subscribe to any).

Love the socks too, oneredboot! I have a pair in progress...actually knit the first sock last year and never got started on the other one. I was hoping to get done before the end of the month, but we had too much going on this weekend. Anyway, my point is that I'm impressed with your sock knitting skills and quite envious of your sock recipients! I want someone to knit me a pair of awesome handmade socks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Learn the Basics Of Bricklaying
How to Build a Bridge
The Food Pyramid Design
How to Write Like an Architect Series Preview
Her Health Minute with Artist Darin Grandmason
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...