A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Holiday Handmade Crusade :: (INACTIVE - Search for the 2010 thread)  (Read 69798 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #510 on: March 23, 2009 10:43:44 AM »

I might still have it saved somewhere... If you send me a PM to remind me I bet I can find it one one of my days off (which are in my dreams but sometimes happen.) Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malgudi

a puppy is but a dog, + high spirits - commonsense

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 24, 2009 03:05:17 AM »

oneredboot, your socks are awesome. I really like the colors you are using Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Taramor
« Reply #512 on: March 24, 2009 08:14:33 AM »

Oneredboot, I think socks are a wonderfull gift, and yours looks lovely. Of course, some will not wear homemade socks, but I think most people will enjoy a pair of warm, cosy socks to use in the cold season.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ineedart
« Reply #513 on: March 24, 2009 10:21:59 AM »

Your socks rock! I would wear them, and I think, like someone else said, most people will wear them. I know the feeling of wondering if a handmade gift is going to be appreciated. Its frustrating but I have also decided that, dang it!... I'm not going to spend more than I can afford for gifts, and I am going to make what I can to save money. I try to make things I think the recipient will like and then hope for the best. But your socks are really cool and I think people will like them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #514 on: March 24, 2009 10:52:20 AM »

i havent had any time for christmas crafting this month, because ive had so much birthday crafting to do as well as making some things for the charity i work for (for a silent auction)

but i bought a handcrafted christmas present this month from etsy, i just didnt make it myself...does that count?!  Wink   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
craftscout
« Reply #515 on: March 25, 2009 10:54:19 AM »

Add me to the list of of those who have been suffering from crafter's block.  Although, I did have a good reason - my lovely sewing machine got mortally wounded by me (I shot a needle piece up into the motor), and spent far too long in that state and being repaired.  I didn't realize quite how much of a sewing tear I had been on, until I couldn't sew anymore (my handsewing is slow and BAAAAAAD!).

Well, my baby is back, I have a new one, and I just got reenergized at ART Camp!  One of the things I did there was play around with resin (something I didn't want to do at home around my kids) - and I made what will be a lovely pendant for my MIL, once I find my DH's dremel and run a cord through it:

sorry for the awful pic.  I can't even blame it on my cell phone! Smiley  Hope everyone else's block breaks soon, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Set your life on fire.
Seek those who fan your flames."
-Rumi
stoliedina
« Reply #516 on: March 26, 2009 04:56:02 PM »

I usually write a little note or give them personally so that I can explain.  Last year it was a generic note to everyone about doing my best to keep Christmas from being a consumer driven holiday and that this year I spent more time than money on the gift and put alot of love into scouring thrift stores and craft shops for the perfect, usefull, environmentally friendly (reuse/recycle) gift.

That's a great idea lafemmefatale!

oneredboot - I absolutely love your socks as presents. It's my theory that people haven't experienced the joys of sockwearing until they wear a handmade pair. My mom made me eight pairs of socks for my birthday two years ago, and they are all that I wear!

Still nothin' crafty going on for me. I'm thinking of working on a few more pairs of my ornament mittens in the next few days, that'll be something at least. (See, even I'm blowing off my own theme, haha!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
oneredboot
« Reply #517 on: March 27, 2009 08:34:25 AM »

oneredboot - I absolutely love your socks as presents. It's my theory that people haven't experienced the joys of sockwearing until they wear a handmade pair. My mom made me eight pairs of socks for my birthday two years ago, and they are all that I wear!

GREAT point--i think that might be true of handmade gifts in generall--maybe sometimes people don't realize how cool they are until they've got'em.  Smiley  that's very heartening--thank you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stoliedina
« Reply #518 on: March 27, 2009 01:21:08 PM »

one mini mitten done...pulling out of the crafty schlumps is so much more manageable with a little bitty project.

oh and guess what peeps?

272 days until Christmas Shocked

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
Ashling
« Reply #519 on: March 27, 2009 01:24:23 PM »

I love this thread, and I think starting this early is a great idea.  Unfortunatly, I'm still unmotivated.  I'm just burnt out on making gifts for the family, I didn't even make them anything last year.  Maybe I should try crafting decorations, or things I'll use.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Brain (From Pinky and the Brain)
How to Createcustom Window Stickers and Repositionable Window Graphics
How to Create a Reflected Text Effect in Photoshop
Image Reflection in Photoshop - Tutorial
Simple Text Effect in Photoshop - Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...