A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 306,437
Currently Running With Scissors:
599 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Holiday Handmade Crusade :: (INACTIVE - Search for the 2010 thread)  (Read 88140 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lrschic
« Reply #500 on: March 16, 2009 01:44:59 PM »

It took me a while to decide what to make in March, but I decided on a throw pillow. I agree about the slump thing! Sometimes I make myself do crafts. This is going to my boyfriend's mom. I found this cool print in the remnants at Hancock Fabrics. I used a turquoise for the sides and backing. I kind of quilted the front in a random pattern, but it's hard to tell.

Good luck to everyone else trying to finish a March project!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
GumInMyHair
« Reply #501 on: March 17, 2009 09:15:26 AM »

I have the perfect quilt for the March theme of making a memory.

I saved several T-shirts that my daughter wore when she was little (they all had holes or stains, etc. so I couldn't donate them) for the purpose of making her this quilt when she got older. When I saw this months theme, I knew it was time to do it.

It's a rag quilt. I added little things to the squares like a "C" pocket, applique heart and fish, stamped a few with flowers, etc., but mostley painted bedbugs on it.  Smiley

She's a teenager now and likes the memories that these shirts bring back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malgudi

a puppy is but a dog, + high spirits - commonsense

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 17, 2009 02:49:04 PM »

Wow, you guys did such beautiful work Cheesy
Lrschic, the pillow is so adorable. The fabric combinations are so beautiful!
GumInMyHair, Wonderful quilt! What a lovely way to cherish childhood memories. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woobie
« Reply #503 on: March 17, 2009 06:26:12 PM »

great stuff.. love the pillow.  gives me ideas..

the quilt is very cute.  love the little critters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karin_

Swedish craftster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #504 on: March 18, 2009 05:34:03 AM »

Lovely pillow and quilt! I have many plans for this month, hopefully I will have time to craft them next week... I've been super busy with swaps! I want to make a scrapbook photo album for the BF, a pincushion for my mom (though this may end up as a birthday gift as her birthday is in may!  Roll Eyes) and some lavender sachets for friends and relatives. I love lavender, and I have been planning to make some sachets for a while now. Here is a nice little tutorial if anyone's interested: http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.com/2008/12/lavender-sachet-how-to.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

find love everywhere

« Reply #505 on: March 19, 2009 03:42:21 AM »

wow that quilt is amazing, i wish I had thought of that and saved  my DDs t-shirts from when she was little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps...yes please

you know you want to...go on go on go on

www.pinterest.com/edelc
ineedart
« Reply #506 on: March 20, 2009 05:51:10 AM »

I'm working on my project...a shadow box of memories of my grandma, for my mom. Not sure if it'll get finished this month...I'm in a crafty slump here, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
oneredboot
« Reply #507 on: March 23, 2009 10:17:09 AM »

Two more pairs of socks completed!! 

Here's one for my cousin who loves green:

And for my uncle:

apricot-colored socks for an uncle, you ask?  well, i acquired about 4 pounds of this yarn, so i'm going to use it for all the men's socks since there's so much yardage.  then this summer (with the help of my friend lapoli), i will dye them brown, olive, blue, etc.  nice way to use up good solid yarn that just happens to be a not-very-useful color.  i'm almost finished with another pair in this yarn, so you'll see them later this month. 

i am feeling a bit ambivalent about socks as gifts, though.  i mean, socks are a lot of work (most of it mindless knitting, but still, a serious investment of time), but will anyone actually wear these?  do you think people will think they are weird?  any ideas on how to package them?  i've found that with homemade gifts (especially those that are being sent out of town, which is all of mine) it's essential to include a note that describes what the gift is.  this xmas i made sets of organic cotton washcloths with handmade soap, and even though i packaged the soap in little printed bags and labeled everything with little tags that said "handmade organic cotton washcloth" and "handmade oatmeal honey soap", several people thought they were potholders!  why would i give people sets of soap and potholders???

how do you guys deal with the kind of handmade-gift self-doubt that I'm experiencing right now??  any new ways of thinking about this would be much appreciated!!  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

« Reply #508 on: March 23, 2009 10:34:50 AM »

I usually write a little note or give them personally so that I can explain.  Last year it was a generic note to everyone about doing my best to keep Christmas from being a consumer driven holiday and that this year I spent more time than money on the gift and put alot of love into scouring thrift stores and craft shops for the perfect, usefull, environmentally friendly (reuse/recycle) gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #509 on: March 23, 2009 10:38:13 AM »

I usually write a little note or give them personally so that I can explain.  Last year it was a generic note to everyone about doing my best to keep Christmas from being a consumer driven holiday and that this year I spent more time than money on the gift and put alot of love into scouring thrift stores and craft shops for the perfect, usefull, environmentally friendly (reuse/recycle) gift.

I love this!  Great idea to be really straightforward about your ideology.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cozy Crochet Mittens
Homemade Hen Party Crackers
How to Personalize Holiday Gifts
How to Host a Caroling Party
Arm Knitting: A Scarf in 30 Minutes?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Your Own Patron Saint
Folding in the New Year!
Tute Tuesday: Joan Jett Inspired Black Heart Soap

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...