A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
375 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 97
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2009 Holiday Handmade Crusade :: (INACTIVE - Search for the 2010 thread)  (Read 69569 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ineedart
« Reply #440 on: February 27, 2009 03:36:44 AM »

That card is gorgeous! Just think how much cards cost at the store, and then making 8 cards won't seem like such a little thing  Wink and yours are way nicer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.   ~Pablo Picasso

Looking for small but interesting scraps to make I Spy Quilts for my kids...will swap other fabric or ??
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #441 on: February 27, 2009 07:11:19 AM »

Ok I blame you!

I am currently participating in this craftalong (although I havent entered anything yet this month)

And the destash along..

but today the two -alongs went head to head and this one won. I went to the local DIY store (think home depot) to buy plumbing fittings, but they had a trolly full of odds and ends left over from christmas, reduced to about 10% of their original price. Because of reading posts on this thread, I seem to think that christmas is around somewhere...(maybe just mislaid it)

So I bought, ahem...about 100 baubles..(for one of those cool bauble wreaths...eventually) a ton of gift tags, loads of sticker tags, about 6 gift bags (with tags) one lonely soldier christmas decoration, a tree-topper and 5 bags of gift wrap ribbons and bows, (OK i will probably use these throughout the year)...oh and christmas cards...OK the whole lot cost less than $10 but you should see the size of my stash now!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CreativeGenes
« Reply #442 on: February 27, 2009 09:56:16 AM »

I finally finished the I-Spy bag for the 1st Grand.
I have not filled it with rice & goodies (although I have them ready) as I don't want any mishaps before Christmas. I used a panel piece inside in case it ever peeks through the rice.

This is another panel piece from the same line I used for the back.

It only looks wonky because the side is still open for filling.
I will kill me to wait until Christmas to give him these things. It's a good thing his birthday has already passed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lysine

Rockin' the Scissors and Paper

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 27, 2009 12:08:13 PM »

That bag is adorable, CreativeGenes! I know exactly what you mean about being glad a birthday is already passed - unfortunately for me, all the important birthdays are from May through September. I'm almost regretting starting so early, it's going to be hard not to give in!

Edel, that's amazing! Sure, you're stash has grown... but all that is going to be so useful come December!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My ... Ravelry | Wist

Currently Working On: amigurumi, ascot tie collection
McJulie-O
« Reply #444 on: February 27, 2009 01:42:35 PM »

Edel, that's amazing! Sure, your stash has grown... but all that is going to be so useful come December!

Or even November!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SimplyFabulous!
My home away from home

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #445 on: February 27, 2009 04:41:31 PM »

Just in the nick of time!  I made this sweatshirt for dh with a freezer paper stencil.  Its not as wavy as it looks, I took the pic with the shirt laying on my unmade bed.  Dh builds early american furniture and cabinets, thus the saying I picked.  We saw a guy on a home improvement show wearing a shirt that said this once and thought it was funny.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.  -ee cummings
christephi

From a tiny seed grows a giant tree.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: February 27, 2009 07:38:09 PM »

I bought this Dick and Jane fabric last year intending to make boxer shorts like these for my husband for Christmas...but I never got around to it.  So, in keeping with this month's theme, I finally kicked myself into gear and whipped these out today.

I've been working on a play mat for my nephew, but it's not done yet, so I won't post it until next month (hope to finish it then!)  February is a big birthday month for us, so I didn't get as much Christmas stuff done as I would have wanted to, but there are still many months left before Christmas, so there's still hope! :-)

Now to find a good hiding place that I won't forget about and DH won't stumble upon before December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: Sprouting Flowers

Follow me on Twitter @christephi
stoliedina
« Reply #447 on: February 27, 2009 08:04:23 PM »

SimplyFabulous - That shirt is simply fabulous!

Christephi - I love the boxer shorts, awesome idea.

Wow peeps, I *just* finished my February gift. Talk about last minute! I'll wait for tomorrow when the lighting is better to share a picture.

We're doing great Crusaders. Friendly reminder: 300 days until Christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
RedMenace
« Reply #448 on: February 27, 2009 10:43:25 PM »

I've been crafting like crazy this month, but unfortunately I don't have anything to show for it yet. I started making an afghan for my mom about two weeks ago, and I've made it to about the 75% mark, I'd say. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it in the next week.

Really, I guess it's a good thing that my mad dash to finish crafting is happening in February instead of December Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stoliedina
« Reply #449 on: February 28, 2009 05:42:23 AM »

That's awesome RedMenace, I couldn't make 75% of an afghan in one month. Kudos to you!  Grin

Here it is folks, the travel bag for my hubby. Lots of pictures because I'm super proud of this one!

The pattern is from Last Minute Fabric Gifts, which I cannot praise more. I LOVE that book. I've used it so much. The fabric is by the awesome Sew Bettie - who will also be contributing to one of the giveaways in the upcoming months.

Remember every one - entries close at midnight EST tonight!

New theme tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shimma shimma, glimma glimma, c'mere let me give you a lil' shhhparkle. - me Smiley

http://www.geekxnerd.com/
http://geekxnerd.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 97 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Angel Christmas Tree Toppers with Heidi Klum
How to Make Glittered Glass Ornaments
How to Make Coffee-Filter Wreaths with Lenore Welby
How to Make Poinsettia Place-Cards
How to Make a Ribbon Christmas Tree
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...